Assistant Coach Tracker

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wouldn't make any sense to me. Maybe Rodgers doesn't need a QB coach, but what about Kizer, Boyle and the other 2 new guys they will no doubt bring in. Its not like we have had a juggernaut of talented backups.

He said something about how hopes to be with the QBs as much as possible, all the time if it were practical. But if I had to guess, he just hasn’t found a qualified candidate for qb coach that he likes, maybe he’s got someone in mind on a team still playing.
He mentions how as a coach you always think about the guys you’d bring with you to build a staff, but it’s hard because teams lock them in and won’t let them go. But I agree, it makes sense to have a qb coach for sure.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could likely get by without a true "QB Coach" given that it looks like Jim Hostler is staying. Petals, Hackett, and Hostler will all likely have a hand in working directly with Rodgers. But if there's a talented coach available, what's the downside?

Panthers are signing Hostler to be their wr coach, so he will no longer be with us.

JohnnyBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assistant O. Line coach Blasko is gone as well.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/browns-announce-nine-members-of-coaching-staff/

In addition to those hires, the team has also come to agreements with tight ends coach John Lilly, assistant defensive line coach John Parrella and assistant offensive line coach Jeff Blasko.

Lilly was at the University of Tennessee last season and Parella spent the last two years at Nebraska. Blasko joins the Browns after serving on the same Packers staff as Whitt and offensive line coach James Campen.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Panthers are signing Hostler to be their wr coach, so he will no longer be with us.

Thanks for the update. :tup:

If I do my "math" correctly, that still leaves these leftover coaches to figure out if they stay or go:
  • Jason Simmons — Secondary
  • Jay Hayes — Assistant defensive line
  • Ryan Downard — Defensive quality control
  • Maurice Drayton — Assistant special teams
  • Strength and Conditions Coaches.

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I do my "math" correctly, that still leaves these leftover coaches to figure out if they stay or go:
  • Ben Sirmans — Running backs
Strength and Conditions Coaches.

Sirmans is staying according to reports, no word yet on the others that I’ve seen.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...n-Sirmans-fires-Frank-Cignetti-127915298/Amp/

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Stenavich played parts of two seasons with the Houston Texans when LaFleur was a quality control coach for them. He's a Wisconsin native who was actually signed to the Packers practice squad in 2006, but didn't last long as he never appeared in a regular season game.

Stenavich has only coached on the pro level for the 49ers.

Not sure about this hire, but will defer to LaFleur. Don't really know enough about his coaching ability to form an educated opinion.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stenavich was the only guy who made any sense to me afting letting Campen leave. Pollack and DeGuglielmo are good, but they aren't better than Campen. Seemed that the motivation was likely scheme related. Stenavich obviously has recent experience working with that offense. Petals has all kinds of connections on that staff so it was probably easy to find out if his colleagues think he's the real deal.

He only has two years NFL experience, but then Campen only had three when he took over. Either he can do it or he can't.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers had a decent run game this year. Regardless of who went into the game, they always seemed to produce. They do rely heavily on pass catching RB's in that system.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers had a decent run game this year. Regardless of who went into the game, they always seemed to produce. They do rely heavily on pass catching RB's in that system.

Decent??

They were 13th in the NFL in rushing while using Matt Breida, Alfred Morris, Jeff Wilson, and Raheem Mostert.

They were exceptional, all things considered.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Decent??

They were 13th in the NFL in rushing while using Matt Breida, Alfred Morris, Jeff Wilson, and Raheem Mostert.

They were exceptional, all things considered.

Exceptional??

They were advanced, if you ask me.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exceptional??

They were advanced, if you ask me.

Nah, decent is fair. Not top ten (13th is closer to average than exceptional). Breida is a legit talent and Mostert was a fan favourite (I knew of him from 49er buddy's who thought he'd run the show following McKinnon's injury). Morris never really looked good, so including him does not help make your point.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, decent is fair. Not top ten (13th is closer to average than exceptional). Breida is a legit talent and Mostert was a fan favourite (I knew of him from 49er buddy's who thought he'd run the show following McKinnon's injury). Morris never really looked good, so including him does not help make your point.

Yeah, I'd say better than decent considering their individual talent. That scheme just allows for random guys to do well.

D

Deleted member 6794

• Maurice Drayton — Assistant special teams
  • Strength and Conditions Coaches.

According to sources the Packers will retain Jason Simmons.

Stenavich played parts of two seasons with the Houston Texans when LaFleur was a quality control coach for them. He's a Wisconsin native who was actually signed to the Packers practice squad in 2006, but didn't last long as he never appeared in a regular season game.

Stenavich has only coached on the pro level for the 49ers.

Not sure about this hire, but will defer to LaFleur. Don't really know enough about his coaching ability to form an educated opinion.

The Niners had an average pass protection unit and were decent (maybe even exceptional) in blocking for the run over the two season Stenavich worked for the team.

Members online

Latest posts