Assistant Coach Tracker

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Guessing Getsy is a pretty well known commodity and someone Aaron has worked with when Luke was the WR coach.

#12 is going to being feeling old, Getsy is younger than him and Lefleur and Hackett are both under 40.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Outten TE coach hiring is the first on his staff that I’m pretty skeptical about, he’s got like no experience to speak of.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wonder if they pursued Getsy for WR but he wouldn't come back unless it was QB. The latter is a much more well worn path to OC and therefore HC.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Interesting, Angelichio won’t be retained as originally thought. Guess it wasn’t official

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1087567050002833408?s=20

The Outten TE coach hiring is the first on his staff that I’m pretty skeptical about, he’s got like no experience to speak of.

While Angelichio had a lot of experience as a TE coach, maybe this is the complacency thing? It wasn't like his TE groups were blowing any ones doors off.

Or Angelichio decided not to stay?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE's aren't that hard to coach. They're essentially an extension of the OL, and the WR coach can help out there too.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Angelichio had a lot of experience as a TE coach, maybe this is the complacency thing? It wasn't like his TE groups were blowing any ones doors off.

Or Angelichio decided not to stay?

I don’t know, I’m assuming it was the complacency/Lafleur wanting his own guy there thing. I’m not upset at all that Angelichio isn’t being retained. Like you said, our TE group haven’t been world beaters or anything like that.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luke Getsy like the old WR coach? Interesting!

I am surprised that he is coming back as QB coach. Wonder if the Packers consulted with Rodgers before making this hire.:D

Wonder if he will also coach WR's?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am surprised that he is coming back as QB coach. Wonder if the Packers consulted with Rodgers before making this hire.:D

Wonder if he will also coach WR's?

It would absolutely shock me if we found out that Rodgers and Getsy didn't have a good relationship in the past, despite Getsy being just the WR coach at the time he left. This may have been one of the reasons he is being brought back.

Getsy is another in a series of young hires by the Packers. They must have liked his potential as a QB coach.

I would hope that the Packers also hire a WR coach, too many players and duties to combine the QB/WR coach into one job, IMO.

EDIT: This is a pretty decent article about the Getsy hire and his relationship with Rodgers.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/luke-...but-significant-for-aaron-rodgers-packers-131

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't worry. We have options.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Seems like Quantrell Bishop is off his meds again.

LOL....."I did that in 2004......on my PlayStation"

Have to say, if this is all an act.....the man is hysterical, but I don't think its an act.

H

HardRightEdge

Don’t take that report for gospel, Zach Kruse isn’t the best of sources. He’s just trying to connect some dots here.
Yeah, rumors come and go and end up unverfiable.

There is a point to made, though. This is a business like any other with an element of the hiring process like any other: the employer has a max they will pay and the candidate has a min he will accept. Sometimes they simply do not cross. That a preferred coach might at some time not have been hired because he wanted more than the team was willing to pay has surely happened. Which ones? You wouldn't know unless you were in the room. Even if one the parties blabbed, would you want to trust him? Not necessarily.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Open your eyes...we have a QB running the show. Now involved in hiring assistant coaches. This will not end well!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE's aren't that hard to coach. They're essentially an extension of the OL, and the WR coach can help out there too.

I've heard quite the opposite. Outside of QB supposedly it's the hardest to coach, since they need to know routes as well as blocking schemes.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...Packers-special-teams-coordinator--128184828/

The Packers interview Mike Mallory for special teams coordinator position. Someone started a thread on it, but thought it should be mentioned in this thread.

A snippet from this article is extremely telling about the state of the Packers special teams and how far it's plummeted under Zook's watch:
In the Packer Report Special Teams Rankings, the Packers came in dead last out all 32 teams. The rankings used five criteria including field position on kickoffs/kickoff returns, net punting for/against and field-goal percentage. The Packers were the only team to finish 20th or worse in all five categories.
That is just abysmal. LaFleur clearly agrees since he was one of the first to get the boot.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...Packers-special-teams-coordinator--128184828/

The Packers interview Mike Mallory for special teams coordinator position. Someone started a thread on it, but thought it should be mentioned in this thread.

A snippet from this article is extremely telling about the state of the Packers special teams and how far it's plummeted under Zook's watch:

That is just abysmal. LaFleur clearly agrees since he was one of the first to get the boot.

That same article says Mike Mallory was responsible for the Jaguars having the 27th ranked special teams unit in 2016 and was demoted as a result.

Edit: Another article https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...ial-teams-last-place-Rick-Gosselin-128206506/

Mallory's special teams units have been all over the map:

Ranked 7th in 2013.
Ranked 27th in 2014.
Ranked 3rd in 2015.
Ranked 28th in 2016.

I guess from that pattern, if the Packers hire him, we'll have the #1 ST unit in 2019, and then the #29 ST unit in 2020.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts