As of 12/31, less than 13,000 tickets available

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually went online to price tickets this morning for the wife and I. For two tickets in section 134 was only $227ish. Not bad at all.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to ESPN there are still 8,500 tickets left the Packers have to sell until tomorrow to avoid a blackout.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. The Packers were in the exact same situation for the playoff game vs. the Cardinals in 1983 - the league granted them an extension. This is only the second time in history the team has been in this situation - I'm sure they'll get an extension on it.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually went online to price tickets this morning for the wife and I. For two tickets in section 134 was only $227ish. Not bad at all.

Splendid. Are you ready to fork over $300 a night for a hotel room and there's always a two-night minimum stay for all Packer home games. Your airfare, etc. It's your money - spend it how you want to. But, I'd be pretty damn pissed off if I went through all this, only to have the Packers pull out an upset win. No offense, but the 49ers are not the Giants. The Giants live, practice, and play in this weather. The 49ers don't. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Rodgers pulls off an upset in this game. He might not, but he also might!

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend of mine just sent me this e-mail, and it's long, but he brings up some very, very good points here, regarding this topic matter ... this is spot-on and his reason # 4 is totally true. I don't relate to his # 2 - that has zero to do with it for me. 20 years ago, I'd drive through sleet and snow to see Blair Kiel and Mike Tomzcak. I won't do it for anyone these days. Just tired of it.

I think it's the perfect storm of things happening to negatively affect ticket sales.

1--Lambeau was expanded time and time again, and is now up to 78K capacity. While other stadiums (Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington) are decreasing capacity, we're increasing it.

1a--The high definition television experience at home has now eclipsed the stadium experience for watching NFL football, for many people.

2--At the time the invoices went out, it looked like the Packers didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. You and tens of thousands of others passed on the chance for tickets.

3--The holidays are now behind us, and many folks are staring at a mountain of credit card bills, so they just don't have the money to spend on playoff tickets.

4--The Packers have made the playoffs so frequently, seeing a playoff game in person just isn't that special for many folks now. One thing I don't like about our fan base is how spoiled some of our fans are. Part of it isn't their fault. I talk to some of the guys in their younger 20s and they just can't recall a time when the Packers were a bad team. We've been blessed these last 20 years. Look at the Browns... they've been a disaster since they reentered the league in 1999 with no end in sight. We're darn lucky.

5--Out-of-town fans, myself included, are really tired of being gouged for $250 per nite in a stadium-area Green Bay/Ashwaubenon hotel like the Tundra Lodge, Hilton Garden Inn, Cambria Suites (now called something else?), etc.

6--Out-of-town fans can't afford the last-minute airfare to Green Bay for the weekend. I just checked and a roundtrip, Friday-Monday Philadelphia to Green Bay ticket on United is $1054. With hotel, game ticket, and food, I'm looking at well over a $2K weekend in Green Bay. The NFC Championship in Chicago cost me about $1500 total, and that was sitting in the United Club at Soldier Field. Green Bay is a TERRIBLE value for an out-of-town fan. It's really a bummer... in the late 90s/early 2000s I could go there for the weekend for less than $1000. The price is easily doubled now.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend of mine just sent me this e-mail, and it's long, but he brings up some very, very good points here, regarding this topic matter ... this is spot-on and his reason # 4 is totally true. I don't relate to his # 2 - that has zero to do with it for me. 20 years ago, I'd drive through sleet and snow to see Blair Kiel and Mike Tomzcak. I won't do it for anyone these days. Just tired of it.

I think it's the perfect storm of things happening to negatively affect ticket sales.

1--Lambeau was expanded time and time again, and is now up to 78K capacity. While other stadiums (Jacksonville, Oakland, Washington) are decreasing capacity, we're increasing it.

1a--The high definition television experience at home has now eclipsed the stadium experience for watching NFL football, for many people.

2--At the time the invoices went out, it looked like the Packers didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. You and tens of thousands of others passed on the chance for tickets.

3--The holidays are now behind us, and many folks are staring at a mountain of credit card bills, so they just don't have the money to spend on playoff tickets.

4--The Packers have made the playoffs so frequently, seeing a playoff game in person just isn't that special for many folks now. One thing I don't like about our fan base is how spoiled some of our fans are. Part of it isn't their fault. I talk to some of the guys in their younger 20s and they just can't recall a time when the Packers were a bad team. We've been blessed these last 20 years. Look at the Browns... they've been a disaster since they reentered the league in 1999 with no end in sight. We're darn lucky.

5--Out-of-town fans, myself included, are really tired of being gouged for $250 per nite in a stadium-area Green Bay/Ashwaubenon hotel like the Tundra Lodge, Hilton Garden Inn, Cambria Suites (now called something else?), etc.

6--Out-of-town fans can't afford the last-minute airfare to Green Bay for the weekend. I just checked and a roundtrip, Friday-Monday Philadelphia to Green Bay ticket on United is $1054. With hotel, game ticket, and food, I'm looking at well over a $2K weekend in Green Bay. The NFC Championship in Chicago cost me about $1500 total, and that was sitting in the United Club at Soldier Field. Green Bay is a TERRIBLE value for an out-of-town fan. It's really a bummer... in the late 90s/early 2000s I could go there for the weekend for less than $1000. The price is easily doubled now.

Add in that season ticket holders had to pay for two games even though just one didn't even seem likely. And they would not be refunded right away if the games did not happen.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add in that season ticket holders had to pay for two games even though just one didn't even seem likely. And they would not be refunded right away if the games did not happen.

Yes - that actually pissed me off. I'm blessed and honored to own season tickets for three games, but they aren't going to strong-arm me with that nonsense. I'll pay the money for the tickets when I get the invoice in May and that's it!

soho9erfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Splendid. Are you ready to fork over $300 a night for a hotel room and there's always a two-night minimum stay for all Packer home games. Your airfare, etc. It's your money - spend it how you want to. But, I'd be pretty damn pissed off if I went through all this, only to have the Packers pull out an upset win. No offense, but the 49ers are not the Giants. The Giants live, practice, and play in this weather. The 49ers don't. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Rodgers pulls off an upset in this game. He might not, but he also might!
it would be worth all that money if the predicted outcome occurs

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of now, they're down to 8,500 left. Personally, I think all of the coaches and players should divy up the money and buy the tickets for underprivileged kids in the Green Bay, Milwaukee, Madison, and perhaps other Wisconsin towns, arrange their transportation via coach buses, and do that. That would be a very cool thing to do.

D

Deleted member 6794

As of now, they're down to 8,500 left. Personally, I think all of the coaches and players should divy up the money and buy the tickets for underprivileged kids in the Green Bay, Milwaukee, Madison, and perhaps other Wisconsin towns, arrange their transportation via coach buses, and do that. That would be a very cool thing to do.

Actually a nice idea, but I don't see them coming up with $1 million.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm embarrassed. I don't understand how this is even happening. I thought the season ticket waiting list was supposedly like 100,000 names? Is the economy really that bad? I gladly paid the same amount for tickets to a regular-season game in Cincinnati. And I'm seriously contemplating making the 14+ hour trip to Green Bay, if I can somehow scrape together enough money.

I think it's a case of success having spoiled the locals. I've been gloating recently about how poor attendance has been at Heinz Field, but this is a real shocker. Come on, Packer fans, buy those tickets!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm embarrassed. I don't understand how this is even happening. I thought the season ticket waiting list was supposedly like 100,000 names?
I agree.

Now I have a very valid excuse, as do a lot of strong fans: We live in the south or west of the USA.
I can't afford to fly up there plus all the other expenses.

But what about all the Wisconsinites? Different excuses I guess.

Maybe a lot of them are like me and feel we have a small chance of beating these healthy superfit strong 49ers, and we are tired of losing to them?

I said this in the 2007 NFCCG, with temps that are below zero, or worse like 10-below zero, that's inhumane.
I moved from MN to Texas because I HATE that painfully cold weather. Hate it.
Maybe I ain't the only one.

Perhaps some fans don't know how to buy tickets since it's just been a season ticket deal forever.

Also, I partly blame the Packers organization... do the even have anyone competent working in ticket sales? They're normally so spoiled.

I am, overall, embarrassed like you said.
My hope is that the team hears this but also hears the reason is because the fans HAVE NO FAITH IN THE DEFENSE and IN CAPERS... light a big fire under their butts.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
According to ESPN there are still 8,500 tickets left the Packers have to sell until tomorrow to avoid a blackout.
Under 7500 according to tonight's news. Indy with their dome has more available. Packers will 1] ask for and likely get a blackout extension & 2] get a corporate sponsor to buy up the few thousand remaining.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This kind of feels like a lame attempt to discourage me from buying tickets. Relax, we decided not to go.

Still have to see the in-laws for Christmas.

BTW, the tix were in section 134; are those bleacher seats??

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This kind of feels like a lame attempt to discourage me from buying tickets. Relax, we decided not to go.

Yeah. Hundred level seats are bleacher seats.

D

Dan115

Personally,I would love to see the players win this game for all the Packer Backers.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My apologies - you're right, it does come off like I was discouraging you from going - not true at all. I'd recommend that any football fan go there at least once to experience the atmosphere, etc. I was just being negative due to my own desire to not go to these late season games anymore. My bad.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My apologies - you're right, it does come off like I was discouraging you from going - not true at all. I'd recommend that any football fan go there at least once to experience the atmosphere, etc. I was just being negative due to my own desire to not go to these late season games anymore. My bad.
No need to feel bad for discouraging a Niners fan to go to Lambeau.
The less of them at this game the better.
And I don't feel bad at all for expressing that.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Hundred level seats are bleacher seats.
Phew! Glad we dodged that bullet LOL!

No worries :tup:. I have a ton of respect for Lambeau as a venue, and some very good friends of ours are Packer fans, and they drive up from Texas at least once a season and always seem to have a blast. I also happen to be a big Aaron Rodgers fan so it's hard for me to hate the team.

Truth is, my wife and I have never been in temperatures below 15 degrees or so; so this might have been a bad time for a first trip to Wisconsin.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but I think they have other things on their minds like game prep and practice and stuff like that.
They could do something like that for a pre-season game or practice when they don't have as many distractions.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
THIS ^^^^ compounded by the short window (Lion and Bear collapse + Packer wins) brought about by Rodgers unexpected return - I admit that I didn't see all of this "perfect storm" stuff coming to fruition... but truthfully, Sarah hit it right square in the bullseye. Understand that IF Rodgers had been in all along, those tickets would have been spoken for in a heartbeat in spite of the greediness as outlined above, but the fact is that NOBODY including me, saw any reasonable likelihood that this would occur.

I'm not a stadium kind of guy anymore ... but, I think that the ticket 'plan' had more to do with it given the Rodgers situation than anything else.

Further, this game WILL NOT be blacked out. Not a chance. Worst case scenario, I see the Packers' corporate sponsors stepping in when the have to. Still, I don't put the blame on the season ticket holders in Green Bay OR Milwaukee - the blame for this one lays squarely with the Packers themselves. They gambled on gaining some "free use" money for 4 or 5 months and as Sarah said, got bit in the a** for their greediness. One of those corporate faux pas that someone should be b*tch slapped for.

My dad and I were discussing this, and he decided to do the math on earned investment from holding our deposits; here's what he came up with:

At an average price of $475 per ticket (combined cost for two games) sent to 120,000 season ticket holders (green and gold packages) annualized at a conservative 5% interest rate over four months is a cool $1,000,000 in pure profit.

GREEED, that is all.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whew ... updated forecast is now 8 degrees at kickoff with a low later that evening of -7. If this doesn't somehow work in the Packers' favor, then they really don't deserve to win.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad and I were discussing this, and he decided to do the math on earned investment from holding our deposits; here's what he came up with:

At an average price of $475 per ticket (combined cost for two games) sent to 120,000 season ticket holders (green and gold packages) annualized at a conservative 5% interest rate over four months is a cool $1,000,000 in pure profit.

GREEED, that is all.

Packers' profits go towards paying debts and investing in the stadium and surrounding areas. It's not like a rich owner like Jerry Jones is just getting richer.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...l-report/7f110909-2f1d-42d7-9478-2d1a474cd3d6

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Packers' profits go towards paying debts and investing in the stadium and surrounding areas. It's not like a rich owner like Jerry Jones is just getting richer.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...l-report/7f110909-2f1d-42d7-9478-2d1a474cd3d6

They also go towards paying the staff and maintaining the infrastructure. Sure, we don't have one glutenous pig in charge attempting to extort as much money as possible from the fans, however, we do have a corporation that needs to be funded, and when "presented" a scheme to save and earn extra cash, they took the bite. Unfortunately for them, their assumption of a sheep-like fan base who will do anything without question for the Packers was cocky and bold, and as much unconditional love we all have for this team, money is one factor of support that can't be overcome by excitement and passion.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet there are still homeless people out there on the streets and Indians on the reservations live in the worst poverty in America.
Our priorities are really screwed up if all the money is going towards football which is meaningless compared to real world problems.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also go towards paying the staff and maintaining the infrastructure. Sure, we don't have one glutenous pig in charge attempting to extort as much money as possible from the fans, however, we do have a corporation that needs to be funded, and when "presented" a scheme to save and earn extra cash, they took the bite. Unfortunately for them, their assumption of a sheep-like fan base who will do anything without question for the Packers was cocky and bold, and as much unconditional love we all have for this team, money is one factor of support that can't be overcome by excitement and passion.

I see the team switching back to the old policy where refunds would be given from now on.

Members online

Latest posts