As of 12/31, less than 13,000 tickets available

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if it is blacked out...then fans in the GB market have no right to complain. Sure looks like the end of the streak.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it. With this many still available, I can see many travelling 49er fans sucking up a lot of them.
LOL... I really don't see a bunch of warm weather hippy types paying several hundred dollars to sit in windy zero-degree temps for this one. Sure, there's be a few, but not anywhere near 15,000.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
27000 tix sold from the time the Bear game was final, to same time Monday

27,000 tix in 24 hours..

We have about 12000 left...

People are freaking out for no reason

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quit worrying about it. There won't be a blackout. Whatever is left by Friday will be sold quickly when people get their paychecks.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The front office don' effed up this year. Typically what happens with playoff tickets for season ticket holders is everyone is offered a chance to play the lottery weeks before we know whether or not we're going to be in the playoffs. In order to be in the lottery, you must submit the cost in-full of all seats, then, if we don't make the playoffs and/or you're not picked in the lottery, the ticket holders receive an automatic refund. Well, this year, the team got greedy: they asked for the usual full payment up front, but instead of refunding your money if the playoffs did not come to fruition, they were going to hold onto your payment for the following year's season ticket balance. For some folks, that's putting out over $1000 5 months in advance, not exactly chump change for those living on a tight budget.

So now the scheme has come back to bite them in the a**; the team that is known for selling out every game without having to go to the marketplace is now sitting on 15,000 extra tickets for the PLAYOFFS because they pissed off 2/3 of their loyal customers. Pretty embarrassing, and hopefully the idiot in charge of ticketing who came up with the plan is shown the door.

THIS ^^^^ compounded by the short window (Lion and Bear collapse + Packer wins) brought about by Rodgers unexpected return - I admit that I didn't see all of this "perfect storm" stuff coming to fruition... but truthfully, Sarah hit it right square in the bullseye. Understand that IF Rodgers had been in all along, those tickets would have been spoken for in a heartbeat in spite of the greediness as outlined above, but the fact is that NOBODY including me, saw any reasonable likelihood that this would occur.

I'm not a stadium kind of guy anymore ... but, I think that the ticket 'plan' had more to do with it given the Rodgers situation than anything else.

Further, this game WILL NOT be blacked out. Not a chance. Worst case scenario, I see the Packers' corporate sponsors stepping in when the have to. Still, I don't put the blame on the season ticket holders in Green Bay OR Milwaukee - the blame for this one lays squarely with the Packers themselves. They gambled on gaining some "free use" money for 4 or 5 months and as Sarah said, got bit in the a** for their greediness. One of those corporate faux pas that someone should be b*tch slapped for.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just shows you how fair weather Packer fans really are. Won't be surprised if 40% of the stadium is in Niner gear

You better watch who you think you're talking to. I ain't fair-weather, I just don't want to drive through crap weather to get there, I don't want to fork over $700 for two nights of hotel stay and I don't want to sit in it for three hours anymore. Have YOU been to over 120 games since 1982? No, you have not. I have. End of story.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Just shows you how fair weather Packer fans really are. Won't be surprised if 40% of the stadium is in Niner gear

No kidding? You haven't been paying attention, have you... fair weather, my ***

So .... where are your seats for Sunday? Please scan your tickets and post a photo in this thread, ok?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Remember the full stadiums when the Packers were 4-12 in one of Favre's last seasons?

How about the full stadium with the barn burner of a game between the 5-10 Packers and the 0-15 Lions?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Why are some of the upper level or some that are farther away more expensive?
Example: Upper level section 320 seats go for $217 while the section 114 right below it goes for $182.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Closer seats more pricey?

Is that per ticket, or for two ?? :eek:

I

I do. I support the blackout rule. As for not selling out...I guess it's still early in the week but I thought people would have already snatched them all up.

I dont :mad:. Some of us foreign Packer fans pay quite a bit of cash for the chance to watch the Packers as live as most of can, but the damn blackout robs us of the chance. I couldn`t see Sundays full game until Tuesday morning, which really ticked me off.

bullet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have yet to goto a packers game but with the weather like it is gonna be I would have a hard time even wanting to go if I was given tickets. I work outside for my job so I am not scared of the cold but sitting for 4hr in -10 weather is not fun how ever you spin it. Ill stay warm inside and watch on my projector.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that per ticket, or for two ?? :eek:
I think it's just for one.
Actually, those are not bad prices for a playoff game.
Online I've seen tickets going for $300-$500 and more for just a normal reg. season game in seats farther away from the field.
I guess when a team is paying mulit-millions to the players they have to get that money somehow.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have yet to goto a packers game but with the weather like it is gonna be I would have a hard time even wanting to go if I was given tickets. I work outside for my job so I am not scared of the cold but sitting for 4hr in -10 weather is not fun how ever you spin it. Ill stay warm inside and watch on my projector.

... and this therein lies the issue. For me, I think it's also the case of me simply being intolerant of so many things, compared to when I was younger. I'm 41 years old now and perhaps years and years of doing this driving and sitting in bad weather, etc. - I'm just a little burned out from it. My Dad and my best friend's Dad took turns taking us to games before 1988, which is when I turned 16 and got a driver's license. After that, I went balls-out galore. I went to every single home game in 1989 and 1990 - I was just a kid and in high school for crying out loud. I had a ticket hookup in the parking lot - same guy in Green Bay and in Milwaukee. Tickets were about $10 back then, no joke. He always sold them under face value because you couldn't even give them away after the 1986 debacle.

Bad weather and driving in it never stopped me back then, but it will now. The luxury of getting tickets for $10 ended after 1993, for all of the obvious reasons. Once the winning started, the bandwagon cheesehats tripled the ticket prices, which directly led to these stupid ticket broker companies (which should absolutely be illegal, by the way) and that was the end of it. I think between 1994 and 2012, I probably only went to about ten games total. I'm not paying these brokers a damn penny - screw them. I'm grateful to have received my Gold season tickets in 2013 and I'm perfectly happy with that. Latest game for me is in early November and that's about as cold as I care to sit through any longer.

I

I think it's just for one.
Actually, those are not bad prices for a playoff game.
Online I've seen tickets going for $300-$500 and more for just a normal reg. season game in seats farther away from the field.
I guess when a team is paying mulit-millions to the players they have to get that money somehow.

Yeah I suppose so. I paid $200 back in 2003, but that was from an agency.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to ESPN there are still 8,500 tickets left the Packers have to sell until tomorrow to avoid a blackout.