1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

As of 12/31, less than 13,000 tickets available

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerFlatLander, Dec 31, 2013.

1. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    There are several things in play that caused this issue and the weather is just one. There are many situations like my families season ticket situation. We have 6 season tickets that 3 sets of families pay for. (relatives) I usually manage the playoff ticket ordering and etc for all 3 families and we've always sent in for them. With the Packers now holding the playoff cash for 2014 season tickets, instead of returning it if they don't get in, that turned the entire process on its ear. Now I would need to "play accountant" to keep track of what everyone paid and owes. It's already an issue at times as there are questions about fees and costs and the pricing and now you add to that this situation where they are keeping your cash? I don't think that was a good idea.

The other issue that few are talking about is that there are many more seats to sell these days! 30% more seats with the expansion. That's nothing to shake a stick at.

In general I don't think Packer fans are any less supportive than in the past. I just think this was the perfect storm of issues all coming together. We're good! :)

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Very strange. Like I said in 2010 I had them and didn't renew. I just called n got them.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Obviously it's not going to black out.

But what FCC rule are you referring to?

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Couldn't find anything on the "FCC regulations" but this discusses the nfls blackout rule http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_television_blackout_policies

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,671
    As of 9:30 am the Packers had less than 1,000 left for Sunday´s game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +192
    BOOM

7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    Again, just to clarify...this needs to be served as a wake-up call to change the season ticket holder policy AS WELL AS re-shuffle season ticket holders who reguaraly sell their seats. No one knows where the true number lies, but make no mistake, there are plenty of people who would gladly take season ticket privelages and not abuse them as a certain percentage of current season ticket holders do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,671
    Game is finally sold out!!!

9. dandbuck

dandbuck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I would be going if I had the cash. Might regret it, but I would love to be there Sunday!

10. USArmyParatrooper

USArmyParatrooper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    It seems to me they sold out their stadium while making it hard as possible for scalpers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +362
    That is a good thing IMHO.

12. JacobInFlorida

JacobInFlorida Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    Well I was supposed to be going until I found out Saturday night my buddy was going to back out. Got a room at Spring Hill Suites next to Favre's Steakhouse for $100/night back in mid November. Would've been able to get a $200 round trip flight and face value tickets. Honestly been so bummed this week haven't felt like posting. It's funny, a lot of folks talk about how much they hate cold weather games, but I've never been to a game at Lambeau when it was over 25 degrees and I wouldn't have it any other way.

13. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +294
    I don't know who falls into the category of abusers, but here is my stance ... I will always use my three Gold package games myself and will never sell them to anyone. Ever. I will always go to those games. But I will never buy playoff tickets. Not even to sell them for a profit, which, as we all just saw ... will no longer work!

14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Ditka on Sports Center said he was surprised the Packers had trouble selling out and called the Packer fans "fickle".