Are You Satisfied with the WR Position?

Do you think the Packers' WR corps is just fine the way it is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's come to my attention that some posters think there's a large group of Packer fans who are totally happy with the WR corps as is. So I thought a poll might be helpful.

Here's the question: Do you think that the WR corps is just fine the way it is? Yes or no.

Yes means you're happy with it and it's plenty good enough.

No means you would like to see it upgraded.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's come to my attention that some posters think there's a large group of Packer fans who are totally happy with the WR corps as is. So I thought a poll might be helpful.

Here's the question: Do you think that the WR corps is just fine the way it is? Yes or no.

I'm comfortable with the Packers going with what they've got at WR. The offense has generally been very productive, even when stars like Adams or Jones were sidelined.

If Green Bay were to add a veteran for the stretch run, I'd prefer it be on the other side of the ball, particularly a run-stuffing DT to play alongside Kenny Clark.

My two cents.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
For me it depends on the Lazard timeline of return. With him playing I’m satisfied and remain hopeful that Taylor and Shepherd will continue to improve and hopeful that Scantling and St. Brown can work their way back out of Rodgers doghouse.

I think we may need help on the d-line more than at WR and TE still concerns me now that Deguara will not return this year and Sternberger still looks to me like a bit player. We could use another blocking TE maybe. I suspect it is too much to ask that Tonyan and Lewis not miss any games to injury going forward.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if I look at the WR's as a group, of course i can see lots of ways we could have better from almost every one that we have.

That said, if we have Adams, Lazard, and Funchess doesn't opt out, we have plenty to win a lot, maybe even it all with this offense. Even with just Adams and lazard, with our QB I think oline play will have more to do with how far we go vs another WR.

So no, i'm not satisfied with the quality and depth, but I do think it's not going to be the reason we don't get to where we want to go either. This offense can function just fine with what we have because our offense is finally more than just how good our WR's are.

How's that for an answer :)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I want everything upgraded, including this poll and question.

In all seriousness, I’m a little of both? I think they’re fine, overall, and I’d like it upgraded. Now if I had to choose which position I would rather have upgraded, iDL or WR, I’d choose iDL. Doesn’t work like that in real life though. Gute will take whatever the best deal is, if there is one.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I want everything upgraded, including this poll and question.

In all seriousness, I’m a little of both? I think they’re fine, overall, and I’d like it upgraded. Now if I had to choose which position I would rather have upgraded, iDL or WR, I’d choose iDL. Doesn’t work like that in real life though. Gute will take whatever the best deal is, if there is one.

Yes, the offense is fine. But is the WR corps in particular?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree that I think we need some defensive end talent, especially a pocket collapsing DE. However, I think our receiving options outside of Adams are beyond weak. You can see this team is lacking a shifty receiver that can separate and only Adams really excels at that. If a team has a decent run defense and a lock down corner, we're in for a long day. We need a secondary receiver with deep threat potential.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team definitely needs help at receiver. Adams had 13 catches yesterday against a bad defense. A good defense shuts that down.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am...when everyone is available. the thing is when they aren't all available others at other positions have taken up the slack (te's and rb's). so at this juncture it's been no biggie.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we have faith that we can keep up with Seattle, San Fran, Tampa... with the personnel we have? Personally, I don't. I think we need another WR and we'll probably have to pay handsomely for one as literally every team in the NFL knows that. I'm curious to see how Martin does in the middle before saying we need more help to stop the run. Another pass rusher would be nice though. Lots of chatter about Watt as a trade possibility - not sure about the cap implications.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not.
I don't necessarily think we need a major upgrade but I do feel we could use one.
Outside of Adams our WR's just aren't good right now Lazard is out yes but we don't know that he will be the same once he gets back it might take another month or two after that before he gets to 100% and MVS just doesn't produce on a remotely consistent basis.

Also if Adams were to get hurt again after the trade deadline we would be in real trouble.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we have faith that we can keep up with Seattle, San Fran, Tampa... with the personnel we have? Personally, I don't. I think we need another WR and we'll probably have to pay handsomely for one as literally every team in the NFL knows that. I'm curious to see how Martin does in the middle before saying we need more help to stop the run. Another pass rusher would be nice though. Lots of chatter about Watt as a trade possibility - not sure about the cap implications.
they only have $5.3m of usable cap space. they really don't have players to trade, or draft picks (as they really need ALL their picks next year), or the cap space to pay for a wr of note. between a rock and a hard place. they could pick up body off someones PS. it'll surprise me if they trade a decent pick.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
they only have $5.3m of usable cap space. they really don't have players to trade, or draft picks (as they really need ALL their picks next year), or the cap space to pay for a wr of note. between a rock and a hard place. they could pick up body off someones PS. it'll surprise me if they trade a decent pick.

They're slated to have 10 picks next year. They can easily afford to deal one.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the offense is fine. But is the WR corps in particular?

Sorry, I meant I think the WR corps is fine, overall. As in adequate. They are bolstered by Adams obviously, with a large drop off after that.

Yes, I would like to see the group upgraded. I think they need to make some kind of move before the deadline. My preference is that it would be the iDL and WR groups that are added to, but if I had to pick one, I go back and forth between the two. I guess it depends on who my options are, but I mean, duh. Lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

As it was when training camp was about to start??

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think you have to say b4 funchess opt out
That is what they banked on as they signed him as a fa

Well, some posters were claiming that lots of fans are happy with the WR "as is." This poll is meant to give some clarity to that claim. And "as is" is without Funchess.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, some posters were claiming that lots of fans are happy with the WR "as is." This poll is meant to give some clarity to that claim. And "as is" is without Funchess.
Of course right now, no one should be.

Thats hindsight imo

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, i'm not happy with it. Yes I believe we can win with what we have if we have our top guys available as the season wears on. Though it's a thin position with very little room for error

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
But that's the question. Hindsight or not, are you content with it as is right now.
Not with Lazard out. With him healthy, yes.
If Scantling and St. Brown get their act together then yes. I still think we’ll draft a WR this year in the top 4 rounds as insurance against Adams possibly not re-signing with us.

Reaction score
I would say, maybe a trade with Dallas for Michael Gallup. He’s a burner and he can take the top off, be the no2 and provide support to adams, and other guys can contribute around them.

current roster of WRs isn’t deep playoff or super bowl ready.

we are ONE receiver short off a very potent offense, and yes i do agree that a solid run stuffer to compliment Clark is needed. We can’t be too impressed by beating Houston, they are 32nd in almost every category, i was disappointed we had 3 punts and didn’t put up 45 on them.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to a trade for a guy like Gallup (in fact I could see it being a great move) but if you want a hot take adding a legitimately good receiving TE (i like Tonyan but he is just ok) to this offense would do way more for this offense then adding a guy like Gallup.

Teams aren't lineing up to trade TEs like that but a guy like Njoku, who has asked for a trade, might be a cheaper get then a guy like Gallup but honestly I think the impact could be greater "if" he can rebound from the last two years despite that reciever appearing to be more glaring of a hole

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say, maybe a trade with Dallas for Michael Gallup. He’s a burner and he can take the top off, be the no2 and provide support to adams, and other guys can contribute around them.

current roster of WRs isn’t deep playoff or super bowl ready.

we are ONE receiver short off a very potent offense, and yes i do agree that a solid run stuffer to compliment Clark is needed. We can’t be too impressed by beating Houston, they are 32nd in almost every category, i was disappointed we had 3 punts and didn’t put up 45 on them.

When we have our weapons healthy I trust our offense more than our trench guys. Albeit lately Adams has been making strides and Lancaster has played well enough for the depth spot he is.

I'm not opposed to a trade for a guy like Gallup (in fact I could see it being a great move) but if you want a hot take adding a legitimately good receiving TE (i like Tonyan but he is just ok) to this offense would do way more for this offense then adding a guy like Gallup.

Teams aren't lineing up to trade TEs like that but a guy like Njoku, who has asked for a trade, might be a cheaper get then a guy like Gallup but honestly I think the impact could be greater "if" he can rebound from the last two years despite that reciever appearing to be more glaring of a hole

Before Hooper went down I wanted us to trade CLE for David Njoku in the WORST way.

Members online

Latest posts