Are You Satisfied with the WR Position?

Do you think the Packers' WR corps is just fine the way it is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately with Lazard still out the Packers don't hav more talented receivers than MVS or EQ aside of Adams.
I think we are better with Taylor and Shepherd out there. Along with TEs. But yes, Lazard is number two. EQ and MVS make too many mistakes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are better with Taylor and Shepherd out there. Along with TEs. But yes, Lazard is number two. EQ and MVS make too many mistakes.

Shepherd is VERY quickly becoming more and more dependable. I love what he is doing in limited snaps and on STs. Little bit of a redemption story with him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shepherd is VERY quickly becoming more and more dependable. I love what he is doing in limited snaps and on STs. Little bit of a redemption story with him.
I agree except that I think people jumped on him too quickly and have given the two late round picks too much leeway based on perceived potential and 40 times.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm beginning to like Malik Taylor and things could be improving when Lazard returns. We have a good enough QB to make this work with these 2 and Adams at WR.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you Brandon in disguise?
But yeah, he has been looking real good in what I've seen

Metcalf is a beast. But he was drafted at the end of the second round for reasons. I had him down my list of wide receiver because of the flaws numerous scouting reports had on him. Man where we wrong

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree except that I think people jumped on him too quickly and have given the two late round picks too much leeway based on perceived potential and 40 times.

It was that one unfortunate mistake that far too many folks grabbed and ran with. I'm hoping in a couple more seasons someone does a write up on him and redemption is in the title.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is crazy is a lot of folks were excited about MVS and EQB but the best of the young WRs of that class is the UDFA Lazard.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is crazy is a lot of folks were excited about MVS

When you have a blazing rocket that excelled early in yards receiving more than most rookies in the organization folks were justified in being excited.

However, like many of us kept stressing unless he can learn better route running he is purely a run fast type of guy...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have a blazing rocket that excelled early in yards receiving more than most rookies in the organization folks were justified in being excited.

However, like many of us kept stressing unless he can learn better route running he is purely a run fast type of guy...

LOL Somehow my post went up before I was done typing. :oops:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Metcalf is a beast. But he was drafted at the end of the second round for reasons. I had him down my list of wide receiver because of the flaws numerous scouting reports had on him. Man where we wrong

Ya, someone on here was banging the drum hard for Metcalf and a lot of us, including myself just weren't seeing it because of those flaws. I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong. He would have been a great get.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, someone on here was banging the drum hard for Metcalf and a lot of us, including myself just weren't seeing it because of those flaws. I'll eat crow and admit I was wrong. He would have been a great get.

Him, Brown, or Debo...any of them are way better than MVS

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him, Brown, or Debo...any of them are way better than MVS

As far as I remember it wasn't a them or MVS selection choice? All of them were long gone by the time MVS was selected, so that never was the choice before Gute.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I remember it wasn't a them or MVS selection choice? All of them were long gone by the time MVS was selected, so that never was the choice before Gute.

That wasn’t my point. My point is had they taken any of those three we would t have to see dudes like MVS who can’t run routes and EQ who can’t make the big catch out there. That’s the point

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn’t my point. My point is had they taken any of those three we would t have to see dudes like MVS who can’t run routes and EQ who can’t make the big catch out there. That’s the point

That's an unrealistic way to look at things IMO or at minimum just purely frustrating...any position and any player there was countless others drafted ahead of them or even behind that are better....

D

Deleted member 6794

Taylor and Shepherd shouldn't be counted to have a consistent impact when receiving increased snaps either.

I'm beginning to like Malik Taylor and things could be improving when Lazard returns. We have a good enough QB to make this work with these 2 and Adams at WR.

No, it's completely unrealistic to expect Rodgers to make it work against good defenses with the current receiving corps.

When can Lazard come off the IR?

Lazard could have already been activated last week.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor and Shepherd shouldn't be counted to have a consistent impact when receiving increased snaps either.
We gave MVS a long look. I don't think we need to give EQ more. Taylor and Shepherd have not had a good chance yet so we just don't know. But Taylor seems to get open when he is out there. Sternberger seems to get open also.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One knock I have on Shepherd is that he looks like he wastes time being too shifty. On patterns and on KO returns. Davante is very shifty but he uses it to good effect by doing it and making the defender move with it.

D

Deleted member 6794

We gave MVS a long look. I don't think we need to give EQ more. Taylor and Shepherd have not had a good chance yet so we just don't know. But Taylor seems to get open when he is out there. Sternberger seems to get open also.

The Packers need more talent at the receiver position than Shepherd or Taylor to actually excel against good defenses.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need more talent at the receiver position than Shepherd or Taylor to actually excel against good defenses.
I like looking at what we can do best with what we have. I think Shepherd and Taylor with using Sternberger more is what we should be doing.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, it's completely unrealistic to expect Rodgers to make it work against good defenses with the current receiving corps.

Lazard could have already been activated last week.

Why not? With Adams, Lazard, Shepherd, Taylor along with Tonyon and Sternberger plus Adams and Williams Rodgers should be able to function if the OL can keep defenders out of the backfield. Getting Bak back will help this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts