Are you going to keep watching football?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I thought I was going to quit because I really hate the Bucs and thought they were going to make it to the SB.
Thankfully I was proven wrong and loved watching the Rams beat them!
And that gives me a team to root for against the Whiners.
The Rams have a double advantage to beat them.
Home turf and it might get them psyched to play a home SB game.

I think it will be Rams vs Chiefs.

How about you?
Still watching?
If so, who are you rooting for/against?
Any thoughts and predictions to share?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched some last weekend. Tomorrow taking the kids to see Great Grandma and do some sledding and snowmobiling and then Sunday we're going skiing. If I happen to be home when the games are on, yes I'll watch, but otherwise I have no idea when or who is playing on what day.

I think KC and I go back and forth between Rams and 9er's. Niners keep beating the rams. the Rams "should" win, the same way we should have. I definitely think the Rams defense made a difference agains the Bucs, but i'm not sure they make a big difference against the 9er's because their QB sucks anyway. He's not the reason that team goes and so what if they put some pressure on him a couple times. He's not the difference maker anyway.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll most likely watch the same number of games I always watch if the Packers aren't playing. None

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I work Sunday so that's out. SB Sunday my brother has a card party in his shop / cave with the game on 2-3 TVs in the background.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I work Sunday so that's out. SB Sunday my brother has a card party in his shop / cave with the game on 2-3 TVs in the background.

I remember several SB Sundays played out that. Some of my fondest Football memories. Damn you Poppa, now I'm going to have to watch this SB whoever plays in it so I can drink a toast to one of my uncles who just passed away. Many of our Poker game/SB parties were at his house. Sadly no more.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always felt kinda bad for Stafford, I might pull for him on Sunday. Otherwise, I'll be cheering for the Burrow upset. If it's Rams and KC in the bowl, then I'll cheer for Andy Reid again. Imagine if we kept Andy instead of Rhodes, then the bum Mike Sherman.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I always felt kinda bad for Stafford, I might pull for him on Sunday. Otherwise, I'll be cheering for the Burrow upset. If it's Rams and KC in the bowl, then I'll cheer for Andy Reid again. Imagine if we kept Andy instead of Rhodes, then the bum Mike Sherman.

Kind of feel the same way. Rooting for Stafford and Joe Burrow and necessarily a team. If it ends up being SF & KC in the SB then I will probably find something to binge watch on Netflix.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I’m rooting for the 49ers. I like how they play the game. And I like Kyle Shanahan.

Reaction score
I’m also rooting for Stafford. I know that sounds odd being he’s from the North. I just feel in the past he’s been better than the team around him. Maybe not elite, but very good status. Now Matthew has a more balanced team and he can show everyone his true colors. LA vs KC is a better contest than SF vs KC imo

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first I thought I was going to quit because I really hate the Bucs and thought they were going to make it to the SB.
Thankfully I was proven wrong and loved watching the Rams beat them!
And that gives me a team to root for against the Whiners.
The Rams have a double advantage to beat them.
Home turf and it might get them psyched to play a home SB game.

I think it will be Rams vs Chiefs.

How about you?
Still watching?
If so, who are you rooting for/against?
Any thoughts and predictions to share?
I'm looking for a Super Bowl XVI/XXIII rematch this time with the Bengals kicking the Niners' a$s'es.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m seriously rooting for the Rams now for Staffords sake. After years of suffering as a Lion, he deserves a shot at it.
Yeah, I feel the same way.
And no way, no how am I glad we lost at all.
Just that I won't have to feel bad or worry seeing A-Rod beating Stafford. Again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m also rooting for Stafford. I know that sounds odd being he’s from the North. I just feel in the past he’s been better than the team around him. Maybe not elite, but very good status. Now Matthew has a more balanced team and he can show everyone his true colors. LA vs KC is a better contest than SF vs KC imo
These are Stafford's first winning playoff games. And some of us just can't help but root for the kid.
And no one should blame him for leaving Detroit.
I doubt he ever would have gone this playoff deep if he had stayed.
Not with the Pack still dominating the NFC North.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I’m rooting for the 49ers. I like how they play the game. And I like Kyle Shanahan.
I've had the 9'ers as my "fall back" team since like ... ohhhh.. 1970. A teenager in Northeastern Wisconsin needed someone to root for when playoff time rolled around. Liked Brodie/Washington and Charlie Krueger (whose number the 9'ers are wearing on the back of their helmets this season) and as a 13 year-old, I loved those colors. See now, the Shanahan family just pi**es me off ... a historical burr in Green Bay's saddle, but I'm with you, I like how they play the game defensively. They should be loaded defensively, they tanked for so may seasons to draft that defense that they better be good... plus, they (have to) run the ball. Their game is kind of a throw back to the game I love.

Yeah, I'll be watching. This year's Super Bowl halftime show looks like a whole new level of "putrid" so I may just hit a bar with my son - a first since the 9'ers whacked Forrest Gregg upside the head.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No kidding but there was NO WAY on gawd's green earth that Ron Wolf gives the keys to kingdom to a "tight ends coach", you know? Wolf believed in something of a right of passage and there was no way that he was going to have Reid skip a couple rungs in that ladder.... but you're being mean on Sherman...pretty good coach. Lousy choice on GM - just my opinion.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How's AJ green gotta feel right now? Other than Green Bay I was pulling for him. I don't care much at all for other teams so if its not the Packers I root for (or against) certain players. Green was at the top of my he deserves it more than anyone list. Stafford is close to the top. I'll be rooting for a Bengals/Rams SB just so I won't have to care who wins.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess today is answering the question for me. If it was convenient to watch; I would. But it isn't. I'll still check out the scores and maybe even listen some on utube radio. That aint the greatest way to enjoy a football game.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll definitely keep watching, a new era has begun. Its Playoff Football and I'm here for it. Of course it would've been better with the Packers still in it.

Reaction score
I'll definitely keep watching, a new era has begun. Its Playoff Football and I'm here for it. Of course it would've been better with the Packers still in it.
I totally agree.
If you love football like myself, you'll watch it.
Although I prefer college football because it's faster and exciting to watch.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only year I vowed to stop watching was the year the Packers threw up against the She-hawks. I was blissfully playing golf during the Super Bowl until another group caught up to us and started giving us updates. Made it into the clubhouse just in time to see the She-hawks 1st and goal… redigned that those smug bastards were going to go back to back… then they throw the pick on the goal line. Happiest i think i’ve been re: a none Packer game before or since

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean if you went into a pout after the GB choke you’d have missed the LA and KC wins both of which were great games! Gotta say I’m kinda pulling for Stafford now… gutsy guy who has paid his dues

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pouting? Really? I did miss both of those games because I didn't care who won, and I think one has to have a team (at least some individuals) for whom to root in order to call the time spent in viewing worthwhile. I don't watch football because I like football, it's because I like the Packers.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching this AFC game I just can’t help but think what could have been if Gutenbumst didn’t do a Ben Stiller in Simple Jack and pick Love. Higgins just making big time difficult catches. What a shame. Every team in the playoffs remaining have significantly better offensive weapons than what the Packers brought.

Members online

Latest posts