1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Are the packers even going to win a game?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Canadian packer, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    [align=center]EXACTLY[/align]

Although I really liked Jim Bates a LOT. I think he might be another Fritz Shurmur. Excellent defensive coach, but doesn't have all the requirements for HC.

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought all 3 would of been great hires for us.

In case of Bates. Don't doubt for one minute that he won't be a Head Coach some day. I expect as soon as next year.

3. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Of course they will and with good reason.
    The thing is, they suck with him and they are just prolonging the rebuilding of the team.
    If they lose the next 2 games do you still sit Rodgers on the bench? He is going to have to play at some point.
    When Walter Payton retired he announced it before the season started and the Bears split the time at RB between Payton and Neil Anderson.
    It made Anderson a better player and he went to the pro bowl the next 4 seasons in a row.
    That was not an insult to Payton. It was the Chicago Bears making sure that they were ready for life after Walter and Payton himself understood this.

4. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Phil,

We're talking about Brett Favre here..not Walter Payton.

Big difference!

5. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    No, not really.
    You say that Favre is not washed up and neither was Payton. He rushed for over 1,300 yards the year before.
    The differance is that the Packers are not preparing themselves for the future while the Bears did just that. The Bears went to the playoffs that season and had a lot more to lose by playing Anderson than the Packers have at this point.
    Anderson was not as good as Walter Payton and I seroisly doubt that Rodgers will be as good as Brett Favre.
    Anderson was however the replacment that they drafted for that very reason and the Packers did the same with Rodgers. If they continue to lose, don't you think that Rodgers will need some real live game experiance before week 1 of 2007?

6. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    once GB gets to 8 losses, you'll prolly see A-Rod

7. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

kmac, I don't see the correlation to Plummer.

Favre threw for over 300 yards and 3 TD's...are they booing him at Lambeau yet?

Phil..you didn't take the bait. Phil's all happy and mellow now cause the Bear's are kicking ***.

I guess you have a point, Rodgers does have to get some work in at some point on this team since they are not going to be competitive, I guess, if Favre's not going to be around. The thing that pisses me off about it though is that the Packers could have been competitive this year if TT would have fixed the O-Line and gotten another good veteran WR. Oh well..didn't happen.

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Payton and Favre are very similar. Both did a lot for their teams. Both are great men and both are in the discussion for best ever at their position.

9. majikman

majikman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just said that about Peyton to try and put a burr under Phil's saddle...

didn't work though..oh well..