Are the packers even going to win a game?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we may not go 0-16 but we arnt going to have a good season.

i dont know why you guys dont face the reality we arnt noing to be good this season.

maby we will have a chance next season if favre stays.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
i know the reality we aren't going to make the playoffs we aren't going to have a winning season. But just because we loose 2 games doesn't give any justice to a freaking 0-16 thread.

Even though the end result for the Packers this year will be much the same, the correct word is "lose" a game, not "loose" a game.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps losing to the Saints(at home) is why folks are not optimistic. I also don't see the Bills as a sure win. They are playing with a will to win. SF is also showing signs of life. My questions about MM surface when I see Poppinga failing consistantly againest TEs and yet Taylor sits on the bench. Now NO ONE has been higher than me on Popp. But SSLB is not his spot. Will MM ever see it? If Popp starts next week at SSLB, I give up on MM.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will win, but how many ? Now that's the question. We still need in my opinion :

- Good Pass D
- Jennings to continue to improve and
- A consistant running game
- continued improvement on the O-Line

How long will this all take to gel ? Let's pray by next week !!!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
Perhaps losing to the Saints(at home) is why folks are not optimistic. I also don't see the Bills as a sure win. They are playing with a will to win. SF is also showing signs of life. My questions about MM surface when I see Poppinga failing consistantly againest TEs and yet Taylor sits on the bench. Now NO ONE has been higher than me on Popp. But SSLB is not his spot. Will MM ever see it? If Popp starts next week at SSLB, I give up on MM.

Popp is pretty terrible in pass coverage. He gets burnt a lot. He's good enough against the run, but geez he looks silly sometimes.

Why do they always line up a LB against the slot reciever. They get burned every time and Manuel can't tackle or cover to save his life so there's no help there.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
porky88 said:
GB won't go 0-16 but they won't come close to 500 either. Let's leave it at that.

Really, the only difference between the two is draft position. And that only matters if the GM is proficient at talent evaluation.

Our GM has only been here for 2 years so in 2 years I'll tell you if he can find talent. Right now we're dealing with a bunch of rookies and 1st year starters. I'm sorry but that's not a recipe for sucess right away.

OP
OP
C

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys we lost to the saints at home.... The saints turned the ball over three times in the first quarter... The packers still lost against a team that will win 5 games this year. I love how everyone say it only one touchdown. Guys it's the saints... The packers shouldn't be losing to teams like that...

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Canadian packer said:
Looking at who the packers play, I thought this game may be one of their 2 wins... now it's down to the 49ers. Has a team ever went 0-16? two fumbles and INT is doesn't get easier to win a game....but the packers some how seem to lose...Rebuilding? the packers haven't even reached rock bottom. This is going to be ugly...

I do not mean to sound harsh and unkind, but seeing the way this team plays now, they dont deserve to even win. Note all the free agents they let slip away. Longwell the big hero again for the Vikings. Sorry for my harsh words.

I have to take this comment back. Im just frustrated over this team. Please disregard what I said. I hope you will all understand. Its so hard to see this team fall so far down so fast. Ill stick by them the best that I can.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Canadian packer said:
Guys we lost to the saints at home.... The saints turned the ball over three times in the first quarter... The packers still lost against a team that will win 5 games this year. I love how everyone say it only one touchdown. Guys it's the saints... The packers shouldn't be losing to teams like that...

The Saints will be turning the corner in the near future because of Reggie Bush, Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Their 2-0 and have added a lot of talent this year. Sean Payton will be a great Head Coach in the NFL. He's Parcells best protege. The Saints are probably in better shape currently than the Packers. It showed. When the Saints got going GB could not stop them.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah you bunch of dummies we shouldnt be losing to teams that are 2-0 and look really solid so far.

and this team should be ashamed of themselves... they dont deserve to win when they let go of a kicker and replace him with a guy who went perfect today.... stupid team. you dont deserve to win when you let go of free agents

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Canadian packer said:

The Saints will be turning the corner in the near future because of Reggie Bush, Sean Payton and Drew Brees. Their 2-0 and have added a lot of talent this year. Sean Payton will be a great Head Coach in the NFL. He's Parcells best protege. The Saints are probably in better shape currently than the Packers. It showed. When the Saints got going GB could not stop them.

Yes you are right SEAN PAYTON will turn this team into a winning team MM will dig a bigger and deeper grave for the Packers and he will be a bust as HC..

Why couldn´t we get a real HC guy like Childress or Payton !!!!

OP
OP
C

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my point.... Why did the packers settle for MM... You are saying that saints have a great staff.... We were in the same situation the saints were in last year (maybe a better). I believe we had more cap space then them. Why should they be ahead of us... Bad GM maybe....

The saints are 2-0... Oh yeah they beat Cleveland (another 2-14 team).

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Kind of sad to have fallen this far this fast.

It was not this fast.
The 2004 season was the fluke. The Packers were very bad and got hot at the end of the season only to get beat by a so-so 9-7 Vikings team at Green Bay in the playoffs.
They had already began their slide at that point and when I said that they would not finish .500 in 2005 everyone that said that this was just trolling.

I was right about that season and I am right about this one too. They suck and will continue to suck for several years. They are not even close to being a good football team and a couple of draft picks is not going to do it.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know why but i have a feeling when brett leaves every packer fan will miss him alot.

we are going to suck even more with out him.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i dont know why but i have a feeling when brett leaves every packer fan will miss him alot.

we are going to suck even more with out him.

How close are people to wanting to see Rodgers this year? It is only 2 games and the Packers are not out of the division yet, but just wondering.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I really want to see Rodgers play.

However, I know that this would be detramental to the team, and Brett should be our QB.

The Broncos are in a similar situation. Their fans heavily booed every Plummer incompletion.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not give up yet, but if it got to 0-4, I would start working him in. The Packers are so young, that I can't see sticking with Favre, who won't be with them if they are going to be good in a year or two.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
porky88 said:
Canadian packer said:

Yes you are right SEAN PAYTON will turn this team into a winning team MM will dig a bigger and deeper grave for the Packers and he will be a bust as HC..

Why couldn´t we get a real HC guy like Childress or Payton !!!!

..or Bates!

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to hate on Jim Bates, because he knows more about football than any of us, but if he was as good as we thought he was, he'd have a job right now.

Members online

Latest posts