Are Packer Fans forgetting how to lose?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we see another SB win especially if it's 19-0, I just wonder how much talk there will be about a THREEpeat, since the pack is the only team to do anything like this.
It would be nice to see a three three-peat.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I was more angry than happy when we beat the Giants. I thought it was ridiculous that our defense put our offense in the situation to have to score at the end of the game. After that game I realized this was the first time I can remember actually being mad after my team won... in any sport. This might be a little premature but what the hell... This team is special. I don't mean Montana 49ers special or '00 Patriots special, I think we could be witnessing the greatest dynasty in football history before our very eyes... AND IT'S OUR FAVORITE TEAM! Here's to being alive to witness all this! :tup:

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or are we forgetting the feeling of winning? In yesterday's win, we didn't just get the "W" but we blew them out 46-16. Why is it that week after week many of us feel like we lost? A better question though: What will it feel like to lose again? When a interception, an injury, and a couple bad plays makes you feel horrible after a game, a lose will probably make every Packer fan almost suicidal. Ironic though that our last lose made us feel optimistic about the rest of the season (Patriots game without Rodgers)

This is an absolutely fantastic post. I think it is one that we all need to not only read but internalize. I need to be reminded that a win is exactly that, and that it is a great thing that I should be thankful for. I do harp on a win from time to time if we don't play perfectly.
I remember in the SB last year that I said toward the end of the game that I wouldn't even be able to fully enjoy a win because the game was so crazy and I was so tense. Once the game was over, that statement could not have been further from the truth. A win is a win. There is no such thing as a "played poorly but won" column. And there won't be. We keep winning, and we should keep being happy, myself as much as anybody.

Bullitt_007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it there are the "under-30" Packer fans and "over-30" Packer fans.

Under-30 fans are awesome, have a lot of fun at the games, only know winning and they party hard.

Over-30 fans know the losing seasons all-to-well. We cherish every victory and celebrate each one like it's the Super Bowl. We remember the ugly seasons and it wasn't fun, but we never changed our colors. I clearly remember the teams of the 80s...that was rough. Bottom line, loyal, passionate, excited and grateful is what the over-30 Packer fan is.
p.s. We party pretty hard as well! ;-)

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I forgetting how to lose? No. I could have handled a loss in week 1, 2, 3...hell even week 8. A loss this late in the season, this close to perfection would just be crushing. I just wish I had the financial ability to buy Packers stock, so I could say, in a small part, I was part of the team that did it.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Fans are just getting angsty because the Packers are all-in. If the Packers don't win the Super bowl it will be a horrible disappointment, and so all the nit-picking and angst after wins is just the fear of losing and mental preparation for losing. We all really know that if the Packers lose, it will be because they simply blow it, but we want our excuses prepared ahead of time.

I decided to enjoy this season. A playoff loss would still be bitter. But why should Houston and Detroit and New York have all the fun just because their teams aren't as good as ours, and just getting a playoff berth means more to them? These playoff berths and division titles and #1 seeds and the potential for a NFCCG at Lambeau should be special.
Well said!
Being an NFL fan entails a certain amount of disappointment. I'm not bringing up specific games or Super Bowls lost but it's not the results but the journey. I hope that fans can appreciate the level of competence our team brings to the field each and every game.
It's not just the players or the coaches but the front office. Imagine the horror of being a Bears fan.
So if a record setting winning streak isn't enough, is a home field advantage in the playoffs enough? Would a first round playoff loss mean a complete disappointment? Or a lost NFCCG? Or a SB loss?
Remember when the season started everyone talked about how difficult it is to repeat as champs? So would an unblemished regular season mean a failure if no SB title?
Did anybody see how Houston reacted?
One last item. NO matter which way the Packers play it, going for perfection or resting players, if they don't win it all every single one will say they thought the other way.
I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a boy, but I'm okay with being a father and a fan of the World Champs!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten the meaning of "lose". It's that thing that happens to the other teams.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were going to loose a game again. Maybe this season. As long as it's not in the playoffs it will be a 10 minute pout then move on lol This run has been amazing. For so long, even with #4 at the helm we had our head in our hands lol.

Members online

Latest posts