Are Packer Fans forgetting how to lose?

Reaction score
Or are we forgetting the feeling of winning? In yesterday's win, we didn't just get the "W" but we blew them out 46-16. Why is it that week after week many of us feel like we lost? A better question though: What will it feel like to lose again? When a interception, an injury, and a couple bad plays makes you feel horrible after a game, a lose will probably make every Packer fan almost suicidal. Ironic though that our last lose made us feel optimistic about the rest of the season (Patriots game without Rodgers)

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant said in his postgame interview that the standard is set high and they don't want to just win, they want to win in a certain way. I feel that is the same mentality fans have. Nobody should ever be comfortable with losing and I think the majority of fans appreciate what is happening with the record and all that. Being the defending super bowl champions I think we as fans have the luxury or nit-picking and demanding excellence.

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as that loss doesn't jeopardize the Super Bowl, then I'm all good with losing. But no fan wants to lose, that's just a given in football.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans are just getting angsty because the Packers are all-in. If the Packers don't win the Super bowl it will be a horrible disappointment, and so all the nit-picking and angst after wins is just the fear of losing and mental preparation for losing. We all really know that if the Packers lose, it will be because they simply blow it, but we want our excuses prepared ahead of time.

I decided to enjoy this season. A playoff loss would still be bitter. But why should Houston and Detroit and New York have all the fun just because their teams aren't as good as ours, and just getting a playoff berth means more to them? These playoff berths and division titles and #1 seeds and the potential for a NFCCG at Lambeau should be special.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not this year pack is playing to win they went unnoticed last year the lockout,then they had to wait to go to white house,this is a very good team,they know what they want another s.b. win perfection why not talent is there d=line will step up like they did yesterday our team may lose just not this year.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea how to react to a loss. The last loss I remember was against the Patriots last year and I was very proud of how they played.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We might win another 20 in a row, it doesn't matter. After the next loss, someone will call for TT's head, with a
'See? I told you he sucked!'

One thing I noticed, as well as a few people I talked to, the game was a bit boring. I'm not sure if that is because it was a blow-out or if we have become so accustomed by winning that we take it for granted. I hope the later is not the case, because winning in the NFL is not an easy thing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing players during a game kind of brings down the feeling after a victory. The game was exactly how it should have been, over before halftime. The depth and talent were just miles apart between the two teams.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I felt that after half time the game was over, the rest was garbage time and hope that no one gets hurt. I didn't want the Packers to run up the score, since karma is a *******, and wait many years from now where we aren't the top of the league and teams want payback and I think the Packers just shone they were the better team here. We pulled Rodgers, we didn't do anything too flashy, gimmicky, just football. I do think we are getting used to the wins, but we are still critiquing our playing up to perfect levels, which our record is.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll win the Super Bowl again this year.
I vividly remember the 1997 Packers, we were PUMPED, we steamrolled through the regular season finishing 13-3 (we could've been 15-1 we should've beat the Colts and Eagles. :tdown:)
Losing to Broncos in the Super Bowl never crossed my mind, I (as well as EVERY other Pack fan in the WORLD) was devastated. Since then, I can honestly say I've never taken any playoff opponent lightly. Come playoff time, every team brings their A game and every team brings a unique Challenge to the Packers. That being said: No one is perfect, regardless of record. There is always room for improvement in every facet of the game offense, defense and special teams. The Packers have to continue to work on improving as a team, (which I'm sure MM has them doing one a daily basis) put in the work and the results will come.

I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results. ~ Michael Jordan

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have gotten spoiled by the SB and undefeated season perhaps. So now an interception or a bad day on D feels like a loss. I say we should count our blessings. Somebody once pointed out in another thread about how many teams would kill for our "problems." It also goes to show you that a team with a winning record coming off a SB win is not without it's faults and not beyond reproach. I don't think a team ever forgets how to lose or what it's like to lose. I don't know what it is going to feel like when/ if this team losses a game and to be honest, I prefer not to think about it. My mind is on winning, something this team is quite good at in case anybody has failed to notice! :)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What is this losing crap?

Teams often go through cycles too. You see a few top teams in the AFC either losing or trying to recreate what they once had.

For a team like the Packers it is just "their time" as corny as it sounds. Every decade has a new team or two. This is the probably the new team of the decade under Rodgers.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Whenever you get something in excess it becomes harder to get excited about it. Winning right now, is expected. So the main thing we really focus on as a fanbase is what we aren't doing right. And I think that's what you have to do not only as a fan but as a team as well. Winning is all well and good but some of these wins have been nail biters. To see our team play complete games (offense, defense and special teams) is something that I think is an important focus going down the stretch.

I was very excited with how yesterday's game went. We played well on both sides of the ball. We created turnovers, got stops and we ran the ball well too. Although the great win was spoiled by Jenning's injury which I think had us all worried.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It is never hard for me to get excited about every game they play. but then I tend to go from 0 to 130 in 60 seconds where the packers or anything exciting is concerned (anyone for bridge jumping:D). This next game it will be exactly one year since our last lost on December 18 2010. But one must savor this time becuase it will end. Two years ago the colts were at 14-0 and they decided to rest their starters. They lost the Superbowl and now they are 0-13. Ask them if they have forgotten what it feels like to win.

Soak this up my friends. This is an event in Packer history that may not happen again for a generation or more and we are living it. I wish I had started a journal at the start of this year. Jan 22 I get to feel the frozen tundra. I would kiss the ground but then my lips would stick:cool:

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
It is never hard for me to get excited about every game they play. but then I tend to go from 0 to 130 in 60 seconds where the packers or anything exciting is concerned (anyone for bridge jumping:D). This next game it will be exactly one year since our last lost on December 18 2010. But one must savor this time becuase it will end. Two years ago the colts were at 14-0 and they decided to rest their starters. They lost the Superbowl and now they are 0-13. Ask them if they have forgotten what it feels like to win.

Soak this up my friends. This is an event in Packer history that may not happen again for a generation or more and we are living it. I wish I had started a journal at the start of this year. Jan 22 I get to feel the frozen tundra. I would kiss the ground but then my lips would stick:cool:
Unless we go undefeated, win the Super Bowl, go into next season, and do the exact same thing. lol

Members online