Anyone worried about our ground game now!???

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everything always circle back to yards per carry on this forum? Yards per carry is why Grant is better than AP :think: ... LOL. RB yards per carry could also be attributable to horrible offensive line and quarterback play too.

Very excited... Nance had a sub 3 yards per carry in the preseason!

Why do you keep bringing up Nance? I was ripping you for saying he cant be good because 30 teams passed on him. I didnt say I think he is going to be the next (insert great player) I was merely pointing out teams pass on great players all the time.

RBs cant be good if the line and qb is bad? Really? Barry Seemed to avg a decent amount over his career.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when you said 30 teams passed on him did you mean 32 since he went undrafted?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you keep bringing up Nance? I was ripping you for saying he cant be good because 30 teams passed on him. I didnt say I think he is going to be the next (insert great player) I was merely pointing out teams pass on great players all the time.

RBs cant be good if the line and qb is bad? Really? Barry Seemed to avg a decent amount over his career.

Barry Sanders, huh. Once again bringing up the exception to the rule. Sure, let's compare people to the greatest RB to every lace up a pair of cleats.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everything always circle back to yards per carry on this forum? Yards per carry is why Grant is better than AP :think: ... LOL. RB yards per carry could also be attributable to horrible offensive line and quarterback play too.

Very excited... Nance had a sub 3 yards per carry in the preseason!
Why the fixation with a player that won't dress for the game?

For crying out loud. ANY back that we got wouldn't play the next game. You know why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T FRAKING KNOW THE PLAYBOOK! Nance is a mere insurance policy. He might be active someday to spell Bjax and Kuhn, but that's it.

The RBs in the Packers offense, LIKE IT OR NOT, have 3 roles.

1) To be effective enough so defenses are kept honest. It's not about being a great back; it's about being good enough. YOU DON'T KNOW IF JACKSON IS. The coaching staff thinks so.
2) Pass protect. Jackson is great at that. GREAT. Last year, he blocked freaking LaMar Woodley against Pitt. A RB BLOCKED ONE OF THE BEST PASS RUSHERS IN THE LEAGUE.
3) Be able to run the ball effectively to mantain the lead and kill the clock.

Moreso, the Packers do not play mutliple RBs a game. SINCE 2007, A BACKUP RB HAS NEVER HAD MORE THAN 75 CARRIES.
Both Jackson and Kuhn did it effectively against a top 10 unit against the run in PHI. Jackson is the starter, Kuhn might play some more, but that's it.

The cry for an elite back is ludicrous, and it's never gonna happen. Lynch is not that back. The backs that fit our mold are Joseph Adday, Maurice Jones-Drew and Ray Rice.

Would the Packers welcome a talent like Peterson if he fell onto our lap? DAMN SURE.

But they will NOT look for it. Not when we already have the backs that fits our mold.

This is a passing offense. If you really think that we won't reach the SB because of running backs, I suggest you cheer for the RB-loving Chicago Bears or Minnesota Vikings.

The Green Bay Packers are all about Mr. Aaron Rodgers and his merry crew of receivers.

DEAL WITH IT.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the fixation with a player that won't dress for the game?

For crying out loud. ANY back that we got wouldn't play the next game. You know why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T FRAKING KNOW THE PLAYBOOK! Nance is a mere insurance policy. He might be active someday to spell Bjax and Kuhn, but that's it.

The RBs in the Packers offense, LIKE IT OR NOT, have 3 roles.

1) To be effective enough so defenses are kept honest. It's not about being a great back; it's about being good enough. YOU DON'T KNOW IF JACKSON IS. The coaching staff thinks so.
2) Pass protect. Jackson is great at that. GREAT. Last year, he blocked freaking LaMar Woodley against Pitt. A RB BLOCKED ONE OF THE BEST PASS RUSHERS IN THE LEAGUE.
3) Be able to run the ball effectively to mantain the lead and kill the clock.

Moreso, the Packers do not play mutliple RBs a game. SINCE 2007, A BACKUP RB HAS NEVER HAD MORE THAN 75 CARRIES.
Both Jackson and Kuhn did it effectively against a top 10 unit against the run in PHI. Jackson is the starter, Kuhn might play some more, but that's it.

The cry for an elite back is ludicrous, and it's never gonna happen. Lynch is not that back. The backs that fit our mold are Joseph Adday, Maurice Jones-Drew and Ray Rice.

Would the Packers welcome a talent like Peterson if he fell onto our lap? DAMN SURE.

But they will NOT look for it. Not when we already have the backs that fits our mold.

This is a passing offense. If you really think that we won't reach the SB because of running backs, I suggest you cheer for the RB-loving Chicago Bears or Minnesota Vikings.

The Green Bay Packers are all about Mr. Aaron Rodgers and his merry crew of receivers.

DEAL WITH IT.

That's all fine and good. What happens when the Packers need to grind the clock down in the NFC Championship game to keep Drew Brees off the field? Do you really trust Jackson and Nance do that.

That's my point with everything... THE BIG PICTURE

The Pack should go 6-0 with or without Grant. I'm focusing on the season and playoffs.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me personally..........I think Brandon Jackson is better than Lynch. But I really don't know why everyone is trippin. Someone mentioned how Jackson was one of the worst RB's in 07. This is not 07 and sometimes a playbook can overwhelm a young guy. Then suddenly that light bulb comes on, the game slows down, and things come more naturally. Did anyone watch the F'n game last week? Jackson did ok. Give him a chance for Christ sake. Also, sometimes guys get better with more carries as the game gets into the 3rd and 4th quarters. Don't know anything about Nance..........but we have to have someone.......sooo...it might as well be him. TT is not as stupid as some people might think. He also gets a little help I'm thinking from a guy I saw up in the booth recently. Ohh......that guy is Ron Wolf.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all fine and good. What happens when the Packers need to grind the clock down in the NFC Championship game to keep Drew Brees off the field? Do you really trust Jackson and Nance do that.

Not at all because they will stack the line. Play action pass, a 78 yard TD to Jennings...!!!! lol:happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's my point with everything... THE BIG PICTURE

The Pack should go 6-0 with or without Grant. I'm focusing on the season and playoffs.
Finally! Now we're talking about something tangible! Yes, that is a real problem, running the clock.

Jackson and Nance? NO.

Jackson and Kuhn? YES. But would I bet on it? NO. I THINK both can do fine, from the little sample I've seen. But I can't make a serious case for it.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally! Now we're talking about something tangible! Yes, that is a real problem, running the clock.

Jackson and Nance? NO.

Jackson and Kuhn? YES. But would I bet on it? NO. I THINK both can do fine, from the little sample I've seen. But I can't make a serious case for it.

I hope the lead is so big we don't need to worry about running the clock out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some Reason TT didn't listen to me and Draft Dexter McCluster
Instead he got Mike Neal... Which seemed like a TERRIBLE deal then. But, from what I've seen, seems he got GOLD. Neal won't be active again this game, but if you've seen the preseason and camps, you know this kid is a beast.

And what's the position of need? Not RB. It's DL. We only got 3 guys. Jolly missing the year, Harrell hurt again. We needed DL no matter what. We appear to have a beast in Neal...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instead he got Mike Neal... Which seemed like a TERRIBLE deal then. But, from what I've seen, seems he got GOLD. Neal won't be active again this game, but if you've seen the preseason and camps, you know this kid is a beast.

And what's the position of need? Not RB. It's DL. We only got 3 guys. Jolly missing the year, Harrell hurt again. We needed DL no matter what. We appear to have a beast in Neal...

Everyone dogged the Pick on draft day. It was like Mike Neal??????.......never heard of the guy. Had to start searching my draft magazines and on the internet. Didn't find anything anywhere that had him picked before the 5th round. Anyhow, I saw MCCluster take that run to the house last week and he looked amazing. That was special teams though.

Sooo.....PackersRS, whats wrong with Neal? Is he going to get back soon?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone dogged the Pick on draft day. It was like Mike Neal??????.......never heard of the guy. Had to start searching my draft magazines and on the internet. Didn't find anything anywhere that had him picked before the 5th round. Anyhow, I saw MCCluster take that run to the house last week and he looked amazing. That was special teams though.

Sooo.....PackersRS, whats wrong with Neal? Is he going to get back soon?

He had a strained abdominal muscle last week.
What MM said: "Had a very positive report on Mike yesterday, but we’ll see how he responds. There’s certain things they’re asking him to do in the rehab that he’s not able to do yet to get on the field. That’s obviously why he didn’t practice today, so we’re getting Jarius and C.J. ready."

I think they're just being cautios with him

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the running game. I think we've only seen a fraction of what this offense as a whole is capable of achieving. What worries me most is injuries, the one thing that may be beyond our realm of control. Praying everyone is healthy, united, and unstoppable.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In Ted we trust.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think BJack is a better pass catching Rb than Grant was so he might bring something a little different.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry Sanders, huh. Once again bringing up the exception to the rule. Sure, let's compare people to the greatest RB to every lace up a pair of cleats.

Greatest running back? I never said anything about Jim Brown.

we can take this argument to another thread if you would like, just so we dont upset the mods.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greatest running back? I never said anything about Jim Brown.

we can take this argument to another thread if you would like, just so we dont upset the mods.

Not really interested in the Barry Sanders vs. Jim Brown arguement.

I was just saying that because one of two greatest all time running backs could run on a **** team that doesn't mean others can.

Just like every short running back is not Warrick Dunn.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:sFun_DeadHorse:
Not really interested in the Barry Sanders vs. Jim Brown arguement.

I was just saying that because one of two greatest all time running backs could run on a **** team that doesn't mean others can.

Just like every short running back is not Warrick Dunn.

Chris Johnson?

I do like Warrick Dunn alot for some reason. Maybe his passion, not really sure.

Members online

Latest posts