1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

any packer game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Ok guys, power up the Delorean, put those nike air 2015s on and lets head back in time.

You have the ability to attend any packer game you want, from any era. But only 1. What game do you go to?

P.S. No you can not go back to try and convince the packers to trade Favre after 96.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Wow....

NFC Championship game vs Carolina

We all waited so long for that and to get it at home would have been awesome

If not that one the Ice Bowl...Yes I would have gone

3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I would also choose the Ice Bowl. That was such a defining game, and I had to pick one coached by Lombardi. And, I have been to a couple of games that seemed like they were almost that cold anyway -- just bundle up man.

4. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221
    Charles Martin body slamming Jim McMahon to the turf. I was screaming so loud at the TV I had a sore throat for days. I never could stand McMahon and the when he became a Packer, I hated him worse. Then to have him wear his Bears jersey to the White House after the Packers won the Superbowl. He needed to be slammed again...

5. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Way to hold a grudge Helmets. I think of that game often and although I cannot morally condone what Martin did, I must admit it did bring a great deal of joy at the time. I too despise McMahon and would probably pay good money to watch him get slammed again.

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    First pick - Ice Bowl. No game is too cold if you dress for it. A few numb digits is a small price to pay for that level of victory.
    Second choice would be the NFC championship game in Chicago of the 2010 season. Not too long ago but I felt that game was monumental. I know this is TMI but I think I might have peed my pants during that game.

7. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    Wow. So many to choose from. Monday night game when they beat the Redskins 48-47, the Ice Bowl, instant replay game, and all the Super Bowls. I would probably want to go to last years championship game. It's always sweet to beat the Bears but to beat them at their house and to go to the Super Bowl as the result...priceless.

8. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    1962 Thanksgiving at Detroit. Only blotch on a perfect season for arguably one of the best NFL teams ever. I want to see how it happened. Like watching a train wreck / car accident.

9. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +487
    2010 Super Bowl in Dallas!!!! (Which I should have gone to)

10. The Real Pack Attack

The Real Pack Attack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    Gotta pick the Ice Bowl. Second choice would be 2010 Super Bowl!

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    head back to 1942 for me. Not sure what game though.

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I'm lucky, I got to go to that game, and it was this year's Super Bowl.

But some games that stand out to me are the 1983 Monday Night shootout (48-47) over the champion Washington Redskins, in the days of Lynn Dickey, James Lofton, John Jefferson, Paul Coffman!

I got to the win over Elway and the Broncos when Reggie sacked Elway the final 2 plays to seal the win. Sterling was still there.

Other big wins I wish I could have been to are the NFC title game vs Carolina in the 96 season, and of course that Super Bowl in New Orleans. Big regret missing that, plus I was single then.

13. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I would go back about 6 months and say the Packers Falcons game! Imagine how excited any Packers Fan would be at the Falcons stadium racking up the points and adding a pick 6 right at half.

14. GaryGnu

GaryGnu Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Any of the Super Bowls seem like an obvious no-brainer to me.

The Ice bowl is a great pick, just too obvious.

I'd pick that I missed when it originally happened because I was working some horrible 12 hour 3rd shift job. That would be that Packer - Viking game in Green Bay where Freeman had that insane catch and TD to win the game. I've seen videos and that game looks like it would have been fun to watch, and fun to go insane with the rest of the faithful after that play.

Instead I was sorting plastic parts or some crap.