Any other Business/Banter

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I would say that's how people with major skill do it, regardless of nationality :D

And how many stars do they USA women have on their jerseys??? :D:D:D

It's cool. I know the answer, you know the answer... it's ok if we let the world know the answer too. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
On my way to the office this morning I was listening radio and learned that according to a study the word "Eichhörnchen" (Eichhoernchen) is one of the most difficult words to pronounce for people that are learning German.
I wonder how it sounds? :D
Btw - this is a Eichhoernchen....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
On my way to the office this morning I was listening radio and learned that according to a study the word "Eichhörnchen" (Eichhoernchen) is one of the most difficult words to pronounce for people that are learning German.
I wonder how it sounds? :D
Btw - this is a Eichhoernchen....

:D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I still have real trouble with Eichhoernchen. The wiff of previous extraction had real fun with my attempts to pronounce that word.

As far as "clothes" goes... anything with the "th" in it provides problems fuer ze deutsch sprachigen. With some of the older people, it seems the Ss and Zs are interchangeable. Like zoup instead of soup.

Another oddity over here is the English words popping up in German sentences. Like insurance for Versicherung... or fridge for Kuhlschrank.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have real trouble with Eichhoernchen. The wiff of previous extraction had real fun with my attempts to pronounce that word.

As far as "clothes" goes... anything with the "th" in it provides problems fuer ze deutsch sprachigen. With some of the older people, it seems the Ss and Zs are interchangeable. Like zoup instead of soup.

Another oddity over here is the English words popping up in German sentences. Like insurance for Versicherung... or fridge for Kuhlschrank.
Exactly, "th" is a big problem for some of us when learning English. And clothes is very often pronounced like close and this might confuse the person you're talking to.
But what's so difficult with Eichhoernchen, the o umlaut ? Or all the "ch" that are included in the word Eichhoernchen ?

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The o umlaut followed by two consanants and the unfamiliar ch. Its a funny word.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Exactly, "th" is a big problem for some of us when learning English. And clothes is very often pronounced like close and this might confuse the person you're talking to.
But what's so difficult with Eichhoernchen, the o umlaut ? Or all the "ch" that are included in the word Eichhoernchen ?

Agree with Sandolf. The unusual "ch". I often get confused with the ch and how it's pronounced... except for rauch. I can say that one good.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It's still so funny.

And yes, Eichhoernchen is rather difficult.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I just discovered that my basic cable TV package includes RTL. Mostly garbage, but at least there is a bit of current news from the old homelands.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
That's the difference between Messi and Ronaldo. Love him or hate him, Messi is all class.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Buggy already saw this on Facebook, but I thought I'd post a pic of me in the movie "Gods and Generals" (Directors cut). I'm the guy with the mustache and pointy nose next to the flag.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm watching the movie "Victory" again. Love it, but I have to keep reminding myself that not all Germans followed ****** and the Gestapo.

Members online

Latest posts