Any other Business/Banter

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry about your mum too. I'm lucky as my dad and mum are still alive. However, I'd like to see the Glenlivet distillery one day.
Are there any other typical Aberdeen dishes, cakes or whatever besides butteries? I always love to try local specialities when travelling a foreign country?
And I learned my lesson, from now on I'll never use the word grey again when talking about Aberdeen ;)
Silver City with Golden Sands sounds way better :tup::laugh:
Danke mein herr

you could maybe have a white pudding at a chip shop, they're kind of a scottish thing. if you're still out speyside way, walkers shortbread is made in Aberlour, best shortbread in the world

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
@Croak

this is how close my mum grew up next to the distillery, thats my dad in the blue
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wow, that is cool. I imagine there are rows of warehouses filled with barrels. I toured a Kentucky bourbon distillery and it was the same way.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nessie; I noticed that this is the anniversary of German reunification. Do you guys do anything special to mark the occasion?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nessie; I noticed that this is the anniversary of German reunification. Do you guys do anything special to mark the occasion?
Well, yesterday evening I just returned from UK. Despite of watching the news show at 8.00 pm and then "Bornholmer Strasse" (great movie ! , http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3335200/) nothing particular. But there were big celebrations in Frankfurt and Berlin going on. Funnily Hamburg, like every year, had the open mosque day :cautious:;)

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've really gotten into watching a TV Series here in the states called "The Bastard Executioner". It's a hack and slash about Medieval England. I love those kind of series. Are there any other good series about Medieval England. I guess I get a kick out of watching Englanders hack and slash each other over whose family name is more important. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK Nessie, I know you aren't a German teacher, but can you tell me the difference between "wenig" and "bisschen"?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Nessie, I know you aren't a German teacher, but can you tell me the difference between "wenig" and "bisschen"?
Basically they both mean the same, Croak and are synonyms.
Ich habe ein wenig Geld gespart um mir ein Packers Ticket zu kaufen.
Ich habe ein bisschen Geld gespart um mir ein Packers Ticket zu kaufen.
There is no difference in the meaning - I've saved a little money to buy myself a Packers ticket.
Or do you have a specific example that you dont understand?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Basically they both mean the same, Croak and are synonyms.
Ich habe ein wenig Geld gespart um mir ein Packers Ticket zu kaufen.
Ich habe ein bisschen Geld gespart um mir ein Packers Ticket zu kaufen.
There is no difference in the meaning - I've saved a little money to buy myself a Packers ticket.
Or do you have a specific example that you dont understand?

No, my wife met a German lady in our area who opened a store of German food goods. I can buy real broetchen there! When I go to see her, I know she is going to ask about my German skills, so I wanted to be able to use the proper word when I tell her I speak "a little".

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, my wife met a German lady in our area who opened a store of German food goods. I can buy real broetchen there! When I go to see her, I know she is going to ask about my German skills, so I wanted to be able to use the proper word when I tell her I speak "a little".
Ich spreche ein wenig Deutsch or Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch, both are possible and correct. ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yes, no problem, you could say "Ich spreche ein kleines bisschen Deutsch"
I'd say it's a little bit more "informal" compared to "Ich spreche ein klein wenig Deutsch" but absolutely correct and commonly used.

Ich spreche Deutsch etwas... is easier and simpler. It's what I say and people get it.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i had an advert appear on my facebook page advertising cheap NFL shirts, went on it an bought two 12&52, for £42.00 inc shipping, will have to see what kind of quality as they advertised them as being the "elite" shirts, which are normally near $200/

@Croak i went to the Glenlivet distillery on friday last week, and sampled some of the Nadurra peaty finish at the end

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
i had an advert appear on my facebook page advertising cheap NFL shirts, went on it an bought two 12&52, for £42.00 inc shipping, will have to see what kind of quality as they advertised them as being the "elite" shirts, which are normally near $200/

@Croak i went to the Glenlivet distillery on friday last week, and sampled some of the Nadurra peaty finish at the end

I was at the Liquor store yesterday and looked at the Glenlivet. But I thought I'd wait until closer to the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. But I'm still jealous. :mad:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Just thought it would be fun to show you guys German Bundesliga Basketball.

http://www.brosebaskets.de/saison/beko-bbl-tabelle/

Brose Baskets is in Bamberg. We have won the championship in the top division 5 out of the last 6 years. Look where in the table FC Bayern Muenchen is sitting. We usually beat them in the playoffs every year, but this year they may not even make the playoffs. :D:p:laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just thought it would be fun to show you guys German Bundesliga Basketball.

http://www.brosebaskets.de/saison/beko-bbl-tabelle/

Brose Baskets is in Bamberg. We have won the championship in the top division 5 out of the last 6 years. Look where in the table FC Bayern Muenchen is sitting. We usually beat them in the playoffs every year, but this year they may not even make the playoffs. :D:p:laugh:

Ha! I didn't even know they had a pro basketball league in Germany.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Ha! I didn't even know they had a pro basketball league in Germany.

Germany has more sports than the USA does. There's Handball, Futsal, Floorball... and I'm not sure but maybe even Bandy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts