Any early word on Shields & Williams?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Shields, Tramon Williams, Lattimore... No updates on timeline. Will see on Wednesday. Early indication, talking to Dr. McKenzie is that none of them are long term
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/279058651.html

...and the McCarthy quote that makes me say 'Wow':
And the spike, I'm just glad Davante was looking at him. Have seen in practice when they don't look at him, it's not a good thing.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Whew. At least McCarthy didn't say any of the injuries were bone bruises. When MM says it's a bone bruise, it usually ends up IR... :)

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to decode MM....these will be 0-4 week injuries. Hopefully Shields and Lattimore will be ready to go soon. Tramon will probably take a few weeks just to get that right....don't need him playing hesitant and slow on a bum wheel.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tramon is just a twisted ankle and not a sprain, he definitely should be good to go.

I know a lot less about patelar tendon issues, so I'm just hoping for a speedy recovery with Shields.

Then there is Lattimore...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a crude still where I drew a line to help illustrate the bend to Williams' ankle. His foot is trapped parallel to the ground while his leg is still mostly perpendicular.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams is "closer" than Shields, but neither practiced today. Williams has a sprained ankle and Shields a sprained knee. Lattimore practiced and was full-go for the special teams portion of the workout. His injury was a stinger.

Tretter, Datone Jones, and Boykin also returned to practice, although Tretter can't return until after the bye.

Nothing but a wild speculative guess on my part, but I would guess Lattimore plays on Sunday, Williams misses the Carolina game but returns against New Orleans, and Shields sits for the next 2 weeks and comes back after the bye.

Main point is that none of these are long-term serious injuries which is great news.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Really hate that for Victor. You never want someone hurt like that. Giants season depended on him.

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tretter, Datone Jones, and Boykin also returned to practice, although Tretter can't return until after the bye.

Main point is that none of these are long-term serious injuries which is great news.
Where was Tretter practicing? Is he ahead of Linsley, backup to Linsley, or is he somewhere else on the line, perhaps?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Where was Tretter practicing? Is he ahead of Linsley, backup to Linsley, or is he somewhere else on the line, perhaps?
Tretter is still on IR slated for return. He can practice for 3 weeks then the team has to put him on the active roster or keep him on IR. Gonna be interesting. I'm thinking they go with Tretter. Linsey has been playing well but he's still a rook and is a little light in the legs. plus the fact that he may fade late in the season because he will not be used to the long season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Linsley continued to practice with the first team offense as Tretter won´t be eligible to return until after the bye week.

fritothedog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tretter is still on IR slated for return. He can practice for 3 weeks then the team has to put him on the active roster or keep him on IR. Gonna be interesting. I'm thinking they go with Tretter. Linsey has been playing well but he's still a rook and is a little light in the legs. plus the fact that he may fade late in the season because he will not be used to the long season.
That makes sense, thanks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adam Schefter reports that Sam Shiedls will likely miss Sunday´s game vs. the Panthers while Tramon Williams will be a game-time decision.