Any early word on Shields & Williams?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon looked to have an ankle issue so you would think 0-4 weeks. Who knows with Shields. How the heck do you blow your knee setting up for a play.

Lattimore is critical IMO. Brad Jones is one of the worst football players i have ever seen in my life and he really never needs to see the field again.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
There won't be anything until tomorrow...I'm not expectin much beyond all injuries being "significant" and.?he'll be out a couple of weeks, which will morph into 3...4...5....6 weeks

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.... Tramon got hurt because Brad Freaking Jones fell on him. This disaster needs to be gone tomorrow.
Of all the reasons there are to get rid of Jones, THIS is what you go with? It's not Jone's fault Williams got hurt. It's football. It's a physical game. Bodies collide. Injuries happen. What if Matthews had fallen on him?

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is counting 4 million against the cap this year and 4.75 million next year. Lattimore when healthy has surpassed him imo. He probably doesn't see the final year of that deal in either a pay cut or being released out right after the season.

House and Heyward aren't lights out, but I don't think the drop off to third and fourth on the depth chart is as huge as it is on a lot of other rosters as well as Hyde and Bush (gulp) who are least capable of playing CB. Hopefully neither injury is season ending, but it could be a long day in New Orleans in a couple weeks if both Williams and Shields are still out.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the reasons there are to get rid of Jones, THIS is what you go with? It's not Jone's fault Williams got hurt. It's football. It's a physical game. Bodies collide. Injuries happen. What if Matthews had fallen on him?
I want Jones gone because he is a terrible football player. I was just shocked that the guy who fell on Tramon and hurt him happened to be Jones as well.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Tramon looked to have an ankle issue so you would think 0-4 weeks. Who knows with Shields. How the heck do you blow your knee setting up for a play.

Lattimore is critical IMO. Brad Jones is one of the worst football players i have ever seen in my life and he really never needs to see the field again.

Do you think Shields hurt his knee on the previous play?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Shields was walking on his own just fine after the game apparently. He was just experiencing some pain from what ive read.

So maybe Shields just misses a game or two.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Was it you? or someone else that blamed newhouse for sherrod getting his leg broke?

I know someone blamed Newhouse for that injury

Ahhhh it was frankrizzo

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So does HaSean take over starting safety now so Hyde can concentrate on being the nickel back? Or will we be dependent on Bush for that spot?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So does HaHa take over starting safety now so Hyde can concentrate on being the nickel back? Or will we be dependent on Bush for that spot?

Maybe Shields and Williams miss zero time. Shields was walking fine on his own after the game, albeit in some pain. Williams I am not sure of though.

Reaction score
I want Jones gone because he is a terrible football player. I was just shocked that the guy who fell on Tramon and hurt him happened to be Jones as well.
Jones could be a great help to his team................dropping fries into the fryer or putting onions on burgers etc. etc. etc. He is just...............................not good. Sorry, just my .02

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Get a sense of humor. Brad Jones sucks and we can probably develop a youngster at ILB and see fewer **** ups on a weekly basis at this point.

So does HaSean take over starting safety now so Hyde can concentrate on being the nickel back? Or will we be dependent on Bush for that spot?

Too bad we gave a roster spot to Goodson instead of Rolle...

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the brad jones comment was supposed to add some humor to a crappy injury situation....at least 1 person got it.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would think so, but yeah, hopefully at least one of the 2 can play next week.

--

I wouldn't mind seeing Carl Bradford play a few downs to spell Brad Jones. I can't imagine he'd be *that* much worse.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think so, but yeah, hopefully at least one of the 2 can play next week.

--

I wouldn't mind seeing Carl Bradford play a few downs to spell Brad Jones. I can't imagine he'd be *that* much worse.
You could suit up Winston Moss and he would be better than 59.

Reaction score
I did the same thing that Shields did when I played football... (I even did it playing CB and happened exact same time of play)... You take your next step and you have a sharp pain through the middle of your knee. You can literally feel the tendon and it feels as if it's caught on something... It only took me a couple days though for me to be able to run again so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Victor Cruz actually TORE his tendon and you saw what happened with him tonight vs the Eagles. He couldnt even stand up, much less walk like Shields was doing after the game. Same injury, but Cruz's was 100x more serious since he had a tear.

Yeah, I doubt Shields misses any time at all. If he does, it'll just be for one game and that will be for precautionary reasons when truth is, he could probably play anyway.

At this point, Im more worried about Williams and Lattimore.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any official word on Shields, Williams and Lattimore?

Members online

Latest posts