Any draft prospects any one suggests watching highlights of

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
I was checking some film out on Patrick Queen, Akeem Davis-Gaither,Jordan Brooks , Logan wilson, Malik Harrison. Queen looks the part gets off of blocks, breaks down and finishes most likely will not be there at 30. Akeem is for me the most underrated LB in this draft to me he is going to be better than Simmons, Murray and Queen by yr 3. Wilson is another Blake which is a good thing not a great thing. Brooks flies sideline to sideline but thats just it he flies past the tackle he lacks the ability to finish. What I seen on film his he is in perfect spot to finish the back off after a teammate turned him back inside and over runs the tackle. Malik solid tape would like to see more physicality not going to be a pro bowler any time soon.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Justin Madubuike
  • McTelvin Agim
  • Cameron Danztler
  • Quez Watkins
  • James Proche
  • Denzel Mims
  • Jalen Reagor
  • Lucas Niang, Kevin Dotson, Netani Muti( if you can find highlights for OL)
  • J.J Taylor

H

HardRightEdge

An interesting take might be Tee Higgins. He skipped the Combine for R&R, more than a little strange, then ran in the mid-4.5's at his Pro Day with only a 31" vertical. These numbers have pushed him down a lot of boards. The tape, on the other hand, shows an impressive skill set that belies the numbers.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An interesting take might be Tee Higgins. He skipped the Combine for R&R, more than a little strange, then ran in the mid-4.5's at his Pro Day with only a 31" vertical. These numbers have pushed him down a lot of boards. The tape, on the other hand, shows an impressive skill set that belies the numbers.
What do you think of Cam Dantzler he's also sliding because of poor testing numbers but I still really like him because of his tape where he looks much faster than his combine suggests.

H

HardRightEdge

What do you think of Cam Dantzler he's also sliding because of poor testing numbers but I still really like him because of his tape where he looks much faster than his combine suggests.
I'm not entirely sure.

That 4.64 run at the Combine showed a guy very slow out of the blocks. Then again, there's a reported 4.38 at his Pro Day. Delpit, one of the top safety prospects who didn't run at the Combine because of an ankle sprain, put up a 4.39 on the same field. It's a bit strange since Dantzler sat out his bowl game purportedly to train for the the Combine. He was a high school long jump champion at 23', about the same as Nelson's high school long jump. You don't do that without some 17-18 year old sprinter speed and explosiveness. All in all, I'd be inclined to discount that 4.64 given the Pro Day and a more mature body than his high school 170 lbs. that made that long jump.

Still, he's very skinny, and with that narrow shoulder build he's probably limited in how much good weight he can put on. That 188 lbs. at 6' 2" is an issue. He looks like a skinny point guard.

The highlight tapes I looked at shows him making a lot of plays on bad throws, tipped balls or double teams in the short-to-intermediate range. In the following full-game cut up against Alabama in 2018, he was not thrown at even once, though without counting it seems some plays were cut out. It's hard to tell without coaches tape whether that's a function of shutting guys down or regular top-side help.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'd want to see a couple of instances where he's running the deep sidelines in man to see what he does, speed-wise and technique, flip-and-run, handle a double move, adjust to the ball, whatnot. Zierlein says his LSU and Alabama tapes were impressive, so there's that.

Based on limited info, I'd say his build is more a concern than anything else. Maybe he'd work out to be a perimeter coverage corner if you're not all that concerned with run support against bigger and meaner NFL players and you're willing to discount injury risk.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Move this to the draft section please. I don't put knives in the fork spot. Awesome discussions been happening over there for months. I recommend looking at the WR thread, iOL thread and a few others where awesome conversations and links have been shared.

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
He reminds me of a quicker kevin king so definitely a prospect for Packers. Could be day 3 steal.

OP
OP
Bojack

Bojack

Reaction score
  • Justin Madubuike
  • McTelvin Agim
  • Cameron Danztler
  • Quez Watkins
  • James Proche
  • Denzel Mims
  • Jalen Reagor
  • Lucas Niang, Kevin Dotson, Netani Muti( if you can find highlights for OL)
  • J.J Taylor
Watched film of all but the linemen. I will check them out too if i can. Watkins and Taylor though damn they make stuff happen when they get the ball. Taylor has the one cut and go like Lt and small compact power like Mjd. Used in the screen games looks like he can catch using his hands while not slowing down to catch the ball.Watkins is the slot we need. There were a few highlights the kid just stopped coming across the middle and changed direction on a dime. Even if Packers dont land those guys I will definitely be watching to see where they go. Not any other Nfc North team I hope

Members online

Latest posts