Antonio Brown

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Does anyone really care at this point?

Slow news day! ;)

But just wait, his name will be tossed around in the next 6 months or so. He is on a "Forgiveness Tour" and still wants to play. If a team does end up signing him, it will be interesting to see how long the NFL makes him sit and wait.

There is no doubt that there is a complex duality to Antonio Brown. Teammates and family members say he can be compassionate, kind, understanding and beloved in a locker room. But he's also seen as erratic, paranoid and prone to mood swings, which this fall was manifested in real time on social media.

He reportedly is in therapy, whatever that means. Will he ever get that side of him that everyone saw this last year under control? I doubt fully, but if he comes back humble and ready to prove himself, he may get another chance from a team willing to roll the dice.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, maybe Antonio just wanted the fans to get a few extra souvenirs! I would hire him to sell soda in the stands but not as a player for any team that takes itself seriously.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......... he's available again. Any takers?!?!
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the NFL find some excuse to suspend him … just to take away the temptation for some desperate GM to give him a chance lol.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't mind taking some chances on problem players, but AB isn't fixable without him getting professional help. And I'm not even sure that would help. Pass.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he plays in the NFL again. He's thrown away so many chances and he's getting older for a WR. Even if he has a bit left in the tank, he just brings way too much chaos.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
No Nin Nhet way too much drama ,and I’m not down on him personally but he has too issues which equal distractions, hopefully he can get help, don’t want to see anything tragic

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe a strip club will sign him.

Bizarre behavior today like watching a slow motion train wreck. His mannerisms were so bizzare. Not sure how he saw the situation, but I think he expected fan support for what he did. How can he misread the room so badly? It's tough to comprehend his take on the situation.

The guy is an absolute fool. Fortunately, he has no idea how embarrassed he should be or who knows what he would do.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By all accounts that I have seen/heard, the relationships in our locker room are very strong. Do NOT screw that up by bringing in a loose cannon. I don't care if he is the most physically gifted receiver of all time. Keep the poison out of the well.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve heard a rumour that Brown flew into Green Bay this morning, got upset by something in the baggage hall, and threw his case into the crowd and stormed off.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not making excuses for Antonio Brown, I hope he gets the help that he obviously needs, mental illness is no joke. However, after hearing this report from Ian Rapoport on how things transpired, if true, I kind of see why AB was trying to say he wasn't going back in due to his ankle. Again, not making excuses for AB's way of handling it, but usually there is more to a story than just the visual.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AB is very, very sick. He needs help and he needs to ask for it before he gets arrested. Or maybe he gets arrested anyway. Anyone considering him for the Packers - just look st that still shot of him, shirtless, jumping on the field with a weird-*** grin on his face. He's over the edge. No thanks. And there's no doubt this is gonna cause distraction for the Bucs who will all be asked about him. I don't want that in the Packers locker room or in press briefings. It's hard enough to win a SB without that stuff.

Reaction score
This is total fantasy. But wouldn’t it be something if the Packers brought him in just to mess with Tampa if we play them.
Just like New England did a few years ago with Martellus Bennett! :coffee:

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Not making excuses for Antonio Brown, I hope he gets the help that he obviously needs, mental illness is no joke. However, after hearing this report from Ian Rapoport on how things transpired, if true, I kind of see why AB was trying to say he wasn't going back in due to his ankle. Again, not making excuses for AB's way of handling it, but usually there is more to a story than just the visual.

There's two sides for every divorce and seldom is it the sole fault of one individual. While it appears that AB has trouble managing his anger, I want to hear his side of the story. I still wouldn't want him as a player because it's not of matter of if, but when he does something not in his or the team's best interest.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's two sides for every divorce and seldom is it the sole fault of one individual. While it appears that AB has trouble managing his anger, I want to hear his side of the story. I still wouldn't want him as a player because it's not of matter of if, but when he does something not in his or the team's best interest.
Agreed. When I first saw/heard what happened, my first instinct was "there he goes, he finally boiled over, just what everyone suspected would eventually happen." Like I said, he went way overboard with his reaction, but sounds like he had already been told by Bruce Arians that he was done as a Buccaneer, for not following orders to go into the game, despite the fact that Brown felt that his ankle still wasn't right and he refused to keep playing.

The NFL is obviously going to weigh in on this if its true. Are players "property" of the team and if ordered to go in, have to? Seems counter-intuitive to the player safety that they seem to want everyone to perceive is the most important thing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Agreed. When I first saw/heard what happened, my first instinct was "there he goes, he finally boiled over, just what everyone suspected would eventually happen." Like I said, he went way overboard with his reaction, but sounds like he had already been told by Bruce Arians that he was done as a Buccaneer, for not following orders to go into the game, despite the fact that Brown felt that his ankle still wasn't right and he refused to keep playing.

The NFL is obviously going to weigh in on this if its true. Are players "property" of the team and if ordered to go in, have to? Seems counter-intuitive to the player safety that they seem to want everyone to perceive is the most important thing.
While I see your point, watching a few things on u-tube earlier, which were on T.V. in the US, an ex team mate spoke about it and had said when he was a Steeler, he was jealous of the way certain players,( Big Ben ) was treated. Because he was allowed to miss certain days, he FELT it was his right too. I`m sorry, I don`t see his behaviour as just being a spoilt brat. He`s just used to people throwing money and attention at him. There are genuine people out there with mental health issues who need help, he seems to be absorbed in his own importance. I think he`s finished and it`s all his own fault. No sympathy here.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There are genuine people out there with mental health issues who need help, he seems to be absorbed in his own importance. I think he`s finished and it`s all his own fault. No sympathy here.
Right, but don't you see that he is one of those people that needs help with his mental health? A lot of good can become of this. Mental health is still kind of a taboo topic for some, calling people like AB "nuts", "head cases", etc. This stigma really needs to change before it can be fixed. People will say "well he has millions and all the resources possible to fix it, I don't care about this guy." Those people are 100% correct on his resources.....but that just shows you how powerful mental illness is, if you and the people around you don't either acknowledge it or try to step in and get you help, it takes a complete meltdown to possibly get help. Even at that point, some just give up and decide not living is easier.

Members online

Latest posts