Jim Brown passes away at 87

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Brown's last game was the '65 NFL Championship against Green Bay. Anyone see Jim Brown play? I don't remember if I did.

There was a story out there yesterday that Brown retired from a movie set because the owner or coach of the Browns told him to get into camp. So ... Brown retired. Modell has quite the history, doesn't he?

I was 7 ... it was the same year that City Stadium was renamed as Lambeau Field and I remember as a boy, being at the first home game at "Lambeau Field" with my Dad. I wasn't at that Championship Game though. Now understand that at the time I did not recognize the importance of that game, I just remember asking Dad who the guys in green were. We didn't have a color TV.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only remember him from movies. he was a decade removed from the game before I made my appearance.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the most dominating NFL player ever.

@weeds - didn't know lambeau was first named City Stadium. Thanks for teaching me sumpin'.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a different stadium
No and yes. From its wiki
Lambeau Field is an outdoor athletic stadium in the north central United States, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The home field of the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL), it opened 66 years ago in 1957 as City Stadium, replacing the original City Stadium at Green Bay East High School as the Packers' home field. Informally known as New City Stadium for its first eight seasons, it was renamed in August 1965 in memory of Packers founder, player, and long-time head coach, Earl “Curly” Lambeau,[1][2][11] who had died two months earlier.[12][13]

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Probably the most dominating NFL player ever.

@weeds - didn't know lambeau was first named City Stadium. Thanks for teaching me sumpin'.
I wouldn't have known it neither except that my Dad called it City Stadium into the mid 80's. Sorta like me and "Miller Park"... for some reason, AmFam Field just doesn't resonate.

Members online

Latest posts