An Indictment of Our Defensive Leaders?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a good article to read. While it does seem to absolve Capers to some degree but I defer to the guy that I probably trusted the most in terms of football sense. Woodson was very critical of both the game plan and the lack of defensive adjustment. The article's author indicates that the Packers were switching back and forth, trying to find a scheme that worked. I'm not sure who is right, but they better play better regardless

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still feel embarrassed for the way our defense played and the way we got shredded. It wasn't that we just got beat, it was that we got beat as bad as we did while they did the same thing over and over and over again.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what I meant was we can analyse this to death but its in the past. We cant change what happened

I was responding to the post which provided the link. We can't change what happened on that particular day but unless Capers and the players have learned from it further *** kicking's will ensue.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an interesting quote (summarized by PFT for what it's worth) by Kaepernick:

In a long profile by Peter King of TheMMQB.com, Kaepernick reveals that during that game, the Packers’ defenders began yelling at each other about why nothing was working against the 49ers’ offense.

“It got to a point,” Kaepernick says, “where we could hear [the Packers’ defenders] arguing while we were in our huddle. ‘You’re supposed to do this,’ or ‘You have to do this, then the other.’ At that point, our offense was like, It’s over. As soon as you start turning on your teammates, you’re not going to be productive. You know you have them in the palm of your hands.”

I'd love to know who, specifically, was doing the yelling. Regardless, is this an indictment of our leaders on defense? Woodson and Walden are the only ones gone from last year's game. I can see Woodson getting upset, given his comments after the game. But, does this also say anything about the likes of Claymaker, Hawk, Raji, Pickett, and Burnett? Maybe I'm reading too much into this since they did whoop our *** and it's an emotional game. But, for some reason, this quote - if true - rubs me the wrong way.

To me, this is another reason why AJ Hawk has got to go NOW! He's the play caller on Defense. The quarterback out there so to speak. If he can't walk into that huddle yell 'ALRIGHT SHUT THE **** UP!' and get the guys to listen and stop crying, he's totally useless. Even if AJ isn't the play caller he's the linebacker with the most experience, and he should be stepping up and calming things down.

Members online

Latest posts