1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

An Early Look at the Packers first round Draft pick?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Marshawn Lynch or Jeff Samardzija ... who would you pick?

2. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lynch. I don't even think Samardzija gets considered as high as Lynch could go. So ideally we could snag both :) Although I'd be kinda disappointed if we didn't take a DL with our first pick (unless AP or Johnson is on the board).

3. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to see us get Brian Leonard from Rutgers in the 3rd or 4th rounds, he'd be a great special teams guy for us and a good contributer on offense in a year or two.

4. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Played FB this year too, and could give us an option out of the backfield similar to Henderson maybe :feedback:

5. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yah ive watched alot of his game highlights, in 2005 he was their leading rusher and in 2006 he was their leading pass catcher to facilitate Ray Rices talents. Hes a very unselfish player and after watching Mike Karneys exploits this week i just got thinking that Leonard could do a job for the Packers.

6. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    a pash rush end would be my #1 priority help the defense force turnovers a tight end would also be a big help and another wr dont want to count on k-rob, he can play but how long til he breaks the rules again, and ferguson stinks

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope we get Merriweather cheap in the 4th or 5th, he's one of the best covering safeties in this draft, and we need a covering safety.

8. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    These are who the Packers should target for the 1st round:
    S-LaRon Landry-LSU
    S-Reggie Nelson-UF
    RB-Marshawn Lynch-Cal
    WR-Tedd Ginn Jr-OSU

*If we go S/WR in 1st, we should snag Michael Bush or Kenny Irons if one of them fall to us in the 2nd.

*If we go w/ Marshawn in the 1st, we should then look for S-Brandon Merriweather in the 2nd or 3rd. (dont see him going past 3rd).

*If Brett Favre does not return, (I pray he stays 1 more, the Pack are def heading in the right direction, and he is still proving he is a top QB in the league.), we should keep the same 1st round strategy, but then hope that Troy Smith will fall to the 2nd, or look for a Drew Stanton, John Beck, Tyler Palko later in the draft.

Packers 2007 Mock Draft:

1st- S-LaRon Landry-LSU / S-Reggie Nelson-UF
    2nd- RB-Kenny Irons-Auburn/ RB-Michael Bush-UL
    3rd- WR-Steve Smith-USC / WR-Dwayne Bowe-LSU / DE Justin Hickman-UCLA /
    4th- RB-FB Brian Leonard-Rutgers / CB Kenny Scott-GT
    5th- TE Clark Harris -Rutgers

9. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hasn't Landry gotten Ed Reed comparisons? The highlights on that guy are wicked.

I'd be all for him.

10. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is correct. The way things are looking we may not have the chance to draft the kid though, but I am all for it if he makes it to us. He could work well with are already young-stellar defensive playmakers (Hawk & Collins). I know this season ain't over by a longshot, but I cant wait till next year the Packers look like an up & coming team and I couldnt be happier !

11. celticraider

celticraider Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That right there is my boy. Just an absolute monster of a dlineman. Big Michigan fan here, and whoever drafts Alan Branch is getting a keeper. Flat out stud.