1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

An Early Look at the Packers first round Draft pick?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
  2. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :packbeer: Of those listed at the above site I sincerely hope the Pack tries to get DT A. Branch of Mich. They really need someone with the power to collapse the inside against both the run and the pass.

3. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting thought, which of course will change many times over.

BTW, does anyone truly believe that A. Peterson will last until the #8 pick in this draft?

4. dxbfan

dxbfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. The other big question however is where we're going to be picking. Up untill Sunday it looked like No. 5/6, but if the improvement continues and the Bears rest key starters, it could be anywhere between 8 and 12.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    a CB #1? I dont like it.
    a DT #1? I dont like it.

Adrian peterson #1? I LIKE IT!

but it doesnt matter what I think.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Peterson won't last until 8. Green Bay, Houston, or Cleveland will have at least a top 5 pick and they will take him there in all likely hood.

I think the Hall projection is the common sense pick but I don't believe that's what GB would do there. I think they'd take AP or Branch before Hall.

7. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Branch in the first. Reggie Nelson or Zbikowki in the second.

8. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The problem with Peterson is that if he can stay healthy he could be awesome but I wonder if he is capable of changing his running style and getting his pads lower.

If he can't or doesn't he could be a top eight bust always found on the injury list.

MM talks about players "availability" and with his running style I wonder if they won't consider him to big of a gamble. RB's get hurt enough when they have mastered going full speed with their pads low to the ground.

9. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That isn't any good. We'll be picking in the teens somewhere.

10. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no guarantee with draft picks...

No matter where you pick...right?

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nelson could end up being our 1st round pick. His stock has soared and he's a top 20 pick right now and he could even pass Laron Landry for 1st safety off the board.

12. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Marshawn Lynch would be the best pick for Green Bay

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    why hasn't this been moved to the draft forum?

14. gbpackers0065

gbpackers0065 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i feel comfortable with ahman as our RB for the next 3-4 years i would wait untill there is a better RB class

15. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ahman's 31 years old though..they start declining REALLY fast at 32..runningbacks do...

16. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Gakk- There is no draft forum.

Lighten up.... If you want to be a "MOD" PM Ryan, fill out the application, go through the interview and then start Modding if you make the team.

It is the middle of the week.... There is nothing wrong with a conversation about the future on the Packer Forum.

RP

17. ~TheJoker~

~TheJoker~ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woodson won't want to play safety for at least a couple more years when he finally feels as if he is losing a step. It's obvious he can still play corner, and the only reason he played free safety in Oakland was because their entire secondary was asswater, and having Wood as the last line of defense was the best option they had.

Leon Hall is a great corner, but it's painfully obvious the Pack needs a safety STAT. Landry from LSU brings the FUNK and just flat out makes plays. Nelson is a converted corner who could have the flexibility to interchange with Woodson once that scenario arises and depending on the scheme, but I'd rather have an intimidator like Landry back there.

I will also say that I agree with those who think AD can't be passed on...that kid is unbelievable, but I don't know if he'll fall that far.

18. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    there is a draft forum, ignorant fool!

19. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    ****Moved*****

20. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That mock draft makes no sense to me with AP dropping to 8 Landry dropping to 18 and Lynch dropping to 20. AP is top 5 material and the other two are top 15 or maybe lower material. Plus if that happened I don't see why we wouldn't take AP.

21. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a question. Does anyone think we draft any different according to if Brett comes back. Hopefully this year we know if he's returning by then and then I'd like to see us hopefully pick up someone with an immediate impact. If he's not coming back I'd be sooner up for us taking a safety with a high pick and let him mature.

22. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In may make a little impact but I don't see it making a huge impact

23. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  24. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahman Green has already declined in his game. Packer fans can't let go of great players. It's just in our blood. :thumbsup:

I agree with Lynch. He would be a nice fit for the Zone Blocking Scheme and is a better receiver out of the backfield than AP. AP can take on the workload better but Lynch might be the better fit.

25. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He had some injuries to get through last season, but still played throughout. This season he was looking great until that freak collarbone injury. That considered, there isn't a concern about him staying healthy. The collarbone is not going to slow him down at all.