Amusing stuff about T.O.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As immature as they can be at times, I never get sick of profootballtalk.com The last paragraph is hilarious....

EAGLES PUT T.O. ON NOTICE

ESPN reports that the Philadelphia Eagles have sent a letter to receiver Terrell Owens outlining in detail his various behavioral problems.

The letter undoubtedly is a "case building" exercise for the organization, which as we've explained for several weeks now plans to make an example out of Owens. If the team eventually tries to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, they'll have to be able to prove it to a neutral arbitrator.

And this specific exercise reminds us of a classic edition of The Far Side, in which cartoonist Gary Larson demonstrated the difference between what people say to dogs -- and what the dogs actually hear.

So the letter possibly read something like this: "Terrell, we continue to be shocked, dismayed, and disappointed by the manner in which you have conducted yourself since reporting to training camp. We signed Terrell Owens to a contract, and we expect Terrell Owens to perform under that contract in the best way that Terrell Owens can, regardless of the amount of money that Terrell Owens will receive under that contract."

And, from Owens' perspective, here's what the letter said: "Terrell, blah blah blah blah blah, blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah Terrell Owens blah blah blah, blah blah blah Terrell Owens blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Terrell Owens blah, blah blah blah blah blah money blah Terrell Owens blah blah blah blah blah."

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too funny. I'm loving every minute of this T.O. stuff. The more disruption our NFC Champion receives, the better chance all of the other NFC teams will get.

BTW, Gary Larson is the best!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that other NFL owners/ownership groups, GMs and management ALL take a hard look at how the Eagles have handled this situation........perfectly, I might add.

Perhaps they will then spare us the agony of watching the worlds greatest sport league devolve to the pathetic status of the NBA and MLB.

Congrats Jeffrey Lurie, Joe Banner, Andy Reid, and the entire organization.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Too funny. I'm loving every minute of this T.O. stuff. The more disruption our NFC Champion receives, the better chance all of the other NFC teams will get.

BTW, Gary Larson is the best!

Agreed. I find his antics both incredibly captivating, yet repulsive at the same time. I couldn't stop laughing during the curls/sit up routine, yet was very happy to hear a reporter ask T.O. about his opinion on what it's like for fans making 30k/yr to support a jack **** like him.

And yes, kudos to the Eagles for standing up to him. I can't stand listening to ppl say that if you just give him his $, he'll be a good boy. He said he'd be a good boy after being traded from SF, then whined, then said he'd be a good boy if he'd get away from the Ravens, then whined, then said he'll be a good boy if the Eagles restructure his contract... Lets say they give him more $, and then wr X gets a bigger contract than him in the offseason. What's to stop him from pulling this $hit again knowing the Eagles will cave?

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with all of you. And I have to say I am relived we haven't seen any of this prima donna stuff out of Javon Walker.

Interesting article on ESPN insider that blames this all on the Eagles saying that they thought arrogantly enough that they could appease TO when so many other coaches could not. And that they should have traded him immediately after the SuperBowl as soon as he started shooting off his oversized mouth again about a teammate. The article also said that contrary to public talk Mariucci, Bill Walsh, Tom Donahue and Dennis Erickson all have said behind the scenes that TO is a locker room cancer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts