Amish Mafia - back with a vengence!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn autocorrect. That was supposed to be "Mock Draft" not "Vengence"

Offseason - cut a few guys and restructure a few more

SIGN JJ Watt. I think we can squeeze 2 years of effective football out of him.

This is the year to trade back. I see with a covid impacted year, that the normal year of college development was limited. The true blue chippers are not necessarily affected - but those ran out around pick number 10. For the rest - there are more than normal questions. There are a series of players that I believe we should be keenly interested in. Players who could have made it into the first round if they continued to develop. However, they sat out or had brief seasons and were not able to advance their skillset/draft status. Therefore, We should accumulate a bunch of 2nd - 4th round picks and hope to hit a few out of the park.

Sucks we won't have a Combine - Gute seems to really like the high RAS guys.

1.29 - TRADE Packers 1.29 and 4.37 (comp) for Dallas 2.44 and 3.75

2.12.44 (Dallas) TRADE Packers 2.12 and 5.33 for LAR 2.25 and 3.24

2.25.57 (LAR) Kenny Gainwell RB - okay, we are losing Aaron Jones. Kenny is a very explosive/talented runner and he is the best receiving RB coming out. He is very dynamic and will add a spark to this offense. Also very smart and played QB in HS. Sat out due to COVID - but I think he would have developed into mid 1st round talent.

2.30.62 Rodarius Williams CB - Much higher than most have him. But I think he will garner more and more attention. You can't deny he is one of the most improved players over the last year in college football. Went from a late round flyer to a 3rd/4th round. I think he will continue to rise in the opinion polls and we might be likely to get him here.

3.11.75 (DAL) Trey Smith OG/T had a blood clot issue as a sophomore which stymied a very impressive debut as a freshman. He seemed to be getting back on track as a Junior. He showed steady improvement as a senior in the covid shortened year. But he needed the work to fully get back. Very athletic and showed pure dominance early with speed and strength, very similar to Jenkins. Can he get back to that level? If he misses - we have a good player.

3.24.88 (LAR) Dayo Odeyingbo - tore his ACL in predraft workouts. I thought he was going mid 2nd round before that. Not sure on the medical, so I am taking a flyer here on his prognosis. Maybe with the Wattster on board - he can rest up til midseason and then provide some support.

3.30 Sage Surrett WR 6'3". Big target with good hands. Sat out for Covid - but looked very promising at the Sr. Bowl. I have advocated the smaller WR for the last few years - but I have given up.

4.30. Walker Little OT - 6'7"!!! I usually stay away from the tall guys, but this guy has a lot of intriguing qualities. He had an injury in 2019 and opted out in 2020. He looked really good in his first 2 years. He has no finesse, but is a violent angry blocker. He is a bean pole, so it was surprising how effective he could be in moving around bigger defenders. Must be very strong. He needs to add weight and get more experience. Probably wont see the field for a year or two.

4.37. TRADED

5.29 Tay Gowan CB - UCF
- Opted out for Covid. His teammate Aaron Robinson had a great year and may be going in the 1st round. Gowan played very well in 2019. I was going to label this the steal of the draft, because I don't see him mocked very highly. But the more I think about it, the more I think he will go much sooner than most think. 6'2" blazing fast, with developing skills.

5.33 TRADED

6.29 Warren Stuart
- WR 6'6"! He did nothing his first 2 years and then had a big Jr. year. He sat out for Covid. Take a flyer on him and see what can do. I doubt he is NFL ready. Another year and he could have helped himself. Needs to refine his skills, route running, and needed more experience and to get stronger and add some good weight.

6.35 Jaelon Darden WR - little quick and shifty. Produced well. Will compete for punt return duties.

7.28 Milton Williams 5T - Small school flyer. A lot to like about him - no issues with his motor, skills, and on-field attitude. Violent!

Removed:

CB Elijah Blades. CB - Good size guy (6'2") with all the tools. He was a JUCO transfer with only 1 year of play at major level - he didn't stand out - but he played solid. Sat out for Covid, bunch of GMs were waiting to see if he could up his game. Should have returned to school, but he is certainly worth the risk here.

Tyler Shelvin NT - 6'3" 360 - A massive and very powerful man. Will hold up to double teams and holds the point of attack. Very little ability to get to the QB so he is coming out on passing downs. But we can move Kenny Clark out wide in the base.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where did you GO!? I was worried about you. Glad to see you made it back.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Glad to see you back mate. To celebrate, I might even listen to Paul McCartney.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn autocorrect. That was supposed to be "Mock Draft" not "Vengence"

Offseason - cut a few guys and restructure a few more

SIGN JJ Watt. I think we can squeeze 2 years of effective football out of him.

This is the year to trade back. I see with a covid impacted year, that the normal year of college development was limited. The true blue chippers are not necessarily affected - but those ran out around pick number 10. For the rest - there are more than normal questions. There are a series of players that I believe we should be keenly interested in. Players who could have made it into the first round if they continued to develop. However, they sat out or had brief seasons and were not able to advance their skillset/draft status. Therefore, We should accumulate a bunch of 2nd - 4th round picks and hope to hit a few out of the park.

Sucks we won't have a Combine - Gute seems to really like the high RAS guys.

1.29 - TRADE Packers 1.29 and 4.37 (comp) for Dallas 2.44 and 3.75

2.12.44 (Dallas) TRADE Packers 2.12 and 5.33 for LAR 2.25 and 3.24

2.25.57 (LAR) Kenny Gainwell RB - okay, we are losing Aaron Jones. Kenny is a very explosive/talented runner and he is the best receiving RB coming out. He is very dynamic and will add a spark to this offense. Also very smart and played QB in HS. Sat out due to COVID - but I think he would have developed into mid 1st round talent.

2.30.62 Rodarius Williams CB - Much higher than most have him. But I think he will garner more and more attention. You can't deny he is one of the most improved players over the last year in college football. Went from a late round flyer to a 3rd/4th round. I think he will continue to rise in the opinion polls and we might be likely to get him here.

3.11.75 (DAL) Trey Smith OG/T had a blood clot issue as a sophomore which stymied a very impressive debut as a freshman. He seemed to be getting back on track as a Junior. He showed steady improvement as a senior in the covid shortened year. But he needed the work to fully get back. Very athletic and showed pure dominance early with speed and strength, very similar to Jenkins. Can he get back to that level? If he misses - we have a good player.

3.24.88 (LAR) Dayo Odeyingbo - tore his ACL in predraft workouts. I thought he was going mid 2nd round before that. Not sure on the medical, so I am taking a flyer here on his prognosis. Maybe with the Wattster on board - he can rest up til midseason and then provide some support.

3.30 Sage Surrett WR 6'3". Big target with good hands. Sat out for Covid - but looked very promising at the Sr. Bowl. I have advocated the smaller WR for the last few years - but I have given up.

4.30. Walker Little OT - 6'7"!!! I usually stay away from the tall guys, but this guy has a lot of intriguing qualities. He had an injury in 2019 and opted out in 2020. He looked really good in his first 2 years. He has no finesse, but is a violent angry blocker. He is a bean pole, so it was surprising how effective he could be in moving around bigger defenders. Must be very strong. He needs to add weight and get more experience. Probably wont see the field for a year or two.

4.37. TRADED

5.29 Tay Gowan CB - UCF
- Opted out for Covid. His teammate Aaron Robinson had a great year and may be going in the 1st round. Gowan played very well in 2019. I was going to label this the steal of the draft, because I don't see him mocked very highly. But the more I think about it, the more I think he will go much sooner than most think. 6'2" blazing fast, with developing skills.

5.33 TRADED

6.29 Warren Stuart
- WR 6'6"! He did nothing his first 2 years and then had a big Jr. year. He sat out for Covid. Take a flyer on him and see what can do. I doubt he is NFL ready. Another year and he could have helped himself. Needs to refine his skills, route running, and needed more experience and to get stronger and add some good weight.

6.35 Jaelon Darden WR - little quick and shifty. Produced well. Will compete for punt return duties.

7.28 Milton Williams 5T - Small school flyer. A lot to like about him - no issues with his motor, skills, and on-field attitude. Violent!

Removed:

CB Elijah Blades. CB - Good size guy (6'2") with all the tools. He was a JUCO transfer with only 1 year of play at major level - he didn't stand out - but he played solid. Sat out for Covid, bunch of GMs were waiting to see if he could up his game. Should have returned to school, but he is certainly worth the risk here.

Tyler Shelvin NT - 6'3" 360 - A massive and very powerful man. Will hold up to double teams and holds the point of attack. Very little ability to get to the QB so he is coming out on passing downs. But we can move Kenny Clark out wide in the base.

This looks like an ACTUAL 2021 Ted Thompson draft. I'm sorry AmishMafia but the only thing I think you really got right was Trey Smith, and I would say there are others in round 2 you could get that were better. This is not a great mock draft.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This looks like an ACTUAL 2021 Ted Thompson draft. I'm sorry AmishMafia but the only thing I think you really got right was Trey Smith, and I would say there are others in round 2 you could get that were better. This is not a great mock draft.
By the absence of comments I figured nobody likes it. Or maybe it is so amazing they are just looking at it in silent awe.

Anyway thanks for your comments but we shall see. I think some of these websites will come around on some of my suggestions. There is a Lot of unknown talent in this draft.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in a normal year i know next to nothing about the entirety of the draft, after a year in which I watched almost zero college football and paid attention to even less, well believe it or not, I know even less about this years class. No kidding, my comments would mean even less on this topic than most. But then i've posted twice already so that has to count for something?

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is comprised mostly of players that caught my eye in 2019 and I was looking forward to watching in 2020. With their season either being shortened, cancelled, and practice/training curtailed, these guys missed a lot of development. Now with no combine, the GMs are flying blind. That's why I think trading back is the way to go. More swings at the plate.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably more of an intervention
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Amish smugglers in action. I recognize them, this is my territory. These guys are going to have trouble using their butter churns tomorrow, if you know what I mean. Thanks for sending this to me, as a gesture of my gratitude, next time you bulk up on looming supplies, let me know.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Amish smugglers in action. I recognize them, this is my territory. These guys are going to have trouble using their butter churns tomorrow, if you know what I mean. Thanks for sending this to me, as a gesture of my gratitude, next time you bulk up on looming supplies, let me know.
Looming is work. To pass time I prefer tatting as it takes less room. If you know of a youngish female model, I could use a fresh one for my next
onsies, lace bibs, crawlers and other wear for tots.
WHAT were you thinking?? Undergarments for adult women???

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the absence of comments I figured nobody likes it. Or maybe it is so amazing they are just looking at it in silent awe.

Anyway thanks for your comments but we shall see. I think some of these websites will come around on some of my suggestions. There is a Lot of unknown talent in this draft.
You make a good point that Covid has likely resulted in talent being pushed farther back. And if I follow you, instead of late picks in the first and second rounds, GB would get 5 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Makes sense to me. And thanks for doing the work to find and explain your choices.

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprising to see us double up on CBs again. A player i really like in R2 is Andre Cisco. He would give us that 3rd safety when we are in nickel and dime, and the kid is an absolute ballhawk. DL OL and WR at some point would be nice as well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprising to see us double up on CBs again. A player i really like in R2 is Andre Cisco. He would give us that 3rd safety when we are in nickel and dime, and the kid is an absolute ballhawk. DL OL and WR at some point would be nice as well.
If they don't take a CB in Rd 1 they'll almost certainly do it in Rd 2. And they should double up, maybe with another late round pick. Don't know Cisco but all ballhawks welcome!

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they don't take a CB in Rd 1 they'll almost certainly do it in Rd 2. And they should double up, maybe with another late round pick. Don't know Cisco but all ballhawks welcome!
I believe that is the case, but I said that last year about the WRs. There is a chance that Berry's defense will be a better fit for King and Jackson. Or that they have a FA in mind or ????

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
New DC muddles the draft crystal ball considerably. Also makes me wonder how this is affecting Gutekunst and Ball’s work in getting the salary cap in a better position.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that is the case, but I said that last year about the WRs. There is a chance that Berry's defense will be a better fit for King and Jackson. Or that they have a FA in mind or ????
I hope they have a FA in mind. There are pros and cons to the limited cap this year. One pro - bargain hunting should last a little longer.

I gotta believe Jackson and King are finished in GB, but as you point out, new DC so who knows?

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cisco had 13 career picks IN 24 GAMES! He also runs a reported sub 4.4 to me he's the best safety in this class. But many have him going in the 2nd-3rd range, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in the 1st.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cisco had 13 career picks IN 24 GAMES! He also runs a reported sub 4.4 to me he's the best safety in this class. But many have him going in the 2nd-3rd range, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted in the 1st.

He isn't going to be one of the first Safeties off the board because he is the definition presently of a feast or famine type guy. For every big interception he has multiple big plays given up being too aggressive. Cisco is the epitome of a roll of the dice type guy at S in this draft. You could get an All Pro level turnover machine from Day 1...or he literally could prove to be way too big of a liability to big plays and be gone before the end of his rookie contract.

I love him but personally not until end of Day 2 or very early Day3

Members online

Latest posts