The Amish 69th Annual Draft Contest - by proxy

Reaction score
Well, it's been a few years.

But you would think I'd read the directions.
Hey I think it’s ironic you popped back in and nonchalantly scooped a Win! Nice job.
What did you see in at QB (that was the contest “nail in the coffin”) was he a draft visit or something? Just highly touted?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Rd 1 Broderick Jones - OT - Georgia
Rd 1 Lukas Van Ness - DL - Iowa
Rd 1 Myles Murphy - ED - Clemson
Rd 2 Darnell Washington - TE - Georgia
Rd 2 Rashee Rice - WR - SMU
Rd 2 Felix Anudike-Uzomah - ED - Kansas St
Rd 2 Matthew Bergeron - OT - Syracuse
Rd 2 Quan Martin - S - Illinois
Rd 3 Zacch Pickens - DT - South Carolina
Rd 3 Michael Wilson - WR - Stanford
Rd 3 Blake Wilson - OT - BYU
Rd 4 Dorian Williams - LB - Tulane
Rd 4 Dontayvion Wicks - WR - Virginia
Rd 5 Viliami Fehoko - ED - San Jose State
Rd 5 Marte Mapu - DB - Sacramento State
Rd 6 Ryan Hayes - OT - Michigan
Rd 7 Hunter Luepke - RB - NDSU
Rd 7 Kyle Patterson - TE - Air Force
Rd 7 Jaren Hall -QB - BYU
Rd 7 Sean Clifford - QB - Penn State
Rd 1 Lukas Van Ness - DL - Iowa 3+1=4
Rd 7 Sean Clifford - QB - Penn State 3
Rd 4 Dontayvion Wicks - WR - Virginia 3
Not horrible for my first time playing.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hungover math has me at 18. I only had 2 but they were both correct rounds. Wicks (5th) Nichols (7th). I did edit 3 players out last minute and it cost me. One of them was Van Ness in the 1st.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I think it’s ironic you popped back in and nonchalantly scooped a Win! Nice job.
What did you see in at QB (that was the contest “nail in the coffin”) was he a draft visit or something? Just highly touted?
Thanks! Site visit. I knew they wanted to take a QB. I figured 7th round because Packers don't want a QB controversy, but someone who can run the scout team effectively and be able to step on the field and not embarrass themselves if need be.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thanks! Site visit. I knew they wanted to take a QB. I figured 7th round because Packers don't want a QB controversy, but someone who can run the scout team effectively and be able to step on the field and not embarrass themselves if need be.
Well said. Had there not been such a run on QB's, I think they would have waited another round or maybe 2 to pull the trigger. The run happened in the 4th round, after the Packers had selected Colby Wooden. The Packers pick came up in the 5th and Clifford was the last guy on their board they had rated enough above those below him, that they didn't want to risk losing him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another way to look at it is with all of the QBs already taken it lowers the chances of another team needing a QB. No matter how others spin it IMO it was a panic pick at least a round too soon.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another way to look at it is with all of the QBs already taken it lowers the chances of another team needing a QB. No matter how others spin it IMO it was a panic pick at least a round too soon.
If any of these 3 QB's were ahead of Clifford on their board, I would agree with you. However, I don't think they were.

164VikingsJaren HallBYU
188EaglesTanner McKeeStanford
239ChargersMax DugganTCU

So lets say that the Packers pass on Clifford with #149 and select Dontayvion Wicks instead. Then with pick #159, Clifford is still on the board and they take him. Would that have made you happier? Of course they could have waited until their next pick #179, but then they may have just been down to Tanner McKee and Max Duggan. Does that work better for you?

Seems a lot of people flat out don't like Clifford, which is just fine, but then counter with who they should have taken, not just that it was too early. Because if the Packers wanted Clifford, which it seems they did, it may not have been too early.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any of these 3 QB's were ahead of Clifford on their board, I would agree with you. However, I don't think they were.

164VikingsJaren HallBYU
188EaglesTanner McKeeStanford
239ChargersMax DugganTCU

So lets say that the Packers pass on Clifford with #149 and select Dontayvion Wicks instead. Then with pick #159, Clifford is still on the board and they take him. Would that have made you happier? Of course they could have waited until their next pick #179, but then they may have just been down to Tanner McKee and Max Duggan. Does that work better for you?

Seems a lot of people flat out don't like Clifford, which is just fine, but then counter with who they should have taken, not just that it was too early. Because if the Packers wanted Clifford, which it seems they did, it may not have been too early.

I wasn’t watching the QBs close but I love Hall more than even Tune for his upside but I also would have had McKee higher too.

Know you didn’t pose it to me but I would bet serious money Clifford was their last draftable qb they saw existing possibly till late and went for it

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wasn’t watching the QBs close but I love Hall more than even Tune for his upside but I also would have had McKee higher too.

Know you didn’t pose it to me but I would bet serious money Clifford was their last draftable qb they saw existing possibly till late and went for it
I didn't particularly like the Clifford pick either, but I understand the timing of when it happened. Of course, I'm just drawing that conclusion, based on observation of things that happened, not facts. For all I know, Clifford would have been available to be signed as an UDFA. However, I have to conclude that the Packers didn't feel that he would even be available, when their next pick came around.

Good pick? Bad pick? We might know in 3-4 years. Just like the 49'ers will eventually find out if Jake Moody was worth the #99 pick.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect everyone's opinion and I am not shy with sharing my own opinions. In this particular case IMO they could call Clifford tomorrow and not only would he be still available but it would still be too soon.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
The Amish 69th Annual Draft Contest
Final Results

1st Place: AmishMafia = 26 Pts. : Musgrave (5), Clifford (3), Wicks (8), Nichols (10)
2nd Place: Schultz = 18 Pts. : Wicks (8), Nichols (10)
3rd Place: PikeBadger = 16 Pts. : Clifford (3), Wicks (3), Nichols (10)
4th Place: tynimiller = 15 Pts. : Musgrave (5), Nichols (10)
5th Place: OldSchool101 = 14 Pts.: Musgrave (5), Kraft (6), Wicks (3)
6th Place: Krabs = 10 Pts. : Van Ness (4), Clifford (3), Wicks (3)
7th Place: Pkrjones = 9 Pts. : Van Ness (4), Musgrave (5)
7th Place: Todd Princl = 9 Pts. : Van Ness (4), Musgrave (5)
9th Place: RepStar15 = 7 Pts. : Van Ness (4), Musgrave (3)
10th Place: Poppa San = 6 Pts. : Clifford (3), Wicks (3)
10th Place: Dantes = 6 Pts. : Kraft (3), Wicks (3)
10th Place: JDPackers = 6 Pts. : Wicks (3), Johnson (3)
13th Place: PackFan2 = 4 Pts. : Van Ness (4)
14th Place: jetfixer = 3 Pts. : Reed (3)
15th Place: Pokerbrat2000, DoURant, RicFlairoftheNFL = 0

Overall, the group mocked 8 of the 13 Draft Picks, below is the breakdown.

1. Lukas Van Ness = 5
2a. Luke Musgrave = 6
2b. Jayden Reed = 1
3. Tucker Kraft = 2
4. Colby Wooden = 0
5a. Sean Clifford = 4
5b. Dontayvion Wicks = 8
6a. Karl Brooks = 0
6b. Anders Carlson = 0
7a. Carrington Valentine = 0
7b. Lew Nichols III = 4
7c. Anthony Johnson Jr = 1
7d. Grant DuBose = 0

UDFA Kadeem Telfort = 1

Congratulations to our host, AmishMafia!! He had the most correct players mocked with 4, with 3 of them in the correct Rd. In closing, there's an old saying "Better late than Never". After the Forum opened a proxy contest on your behalf, for the 2nd year in a row, you returned and posted on the thread, and everyone was so happy. On behalf of everyone who participates and looks forward to this contest every year... Welcome Back!! We missed you!!

Let us know when the Amish Mock Awards banquet will be held, and what the 1st place prize you will be presenting to yourself will be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Amish 69th Annual Draft Contest
Final Results

1st Place: AmishMafia = 26 Pts. : Musgrave (5), Clifford (3), Wicks (8), Nichols (10)

Let us know when the Amish Mock Awards banquet will be held, and what the 1st place prize you will be presenting to yourself will be.
This is the 1st year that I guarantee you that the winner collects on the rewards, that Mrs Amish passes out!

Reaction score
I think it's a reach to give me 15th place!
As a young Manager years ago, I was presenting awards to my Top5 in Sales productivity. Being a novice Manager myself I announced to 5th place finisher
“and the last place award goes to..Steve “””
I learned that Words have meaning and that was a terrible way to congratulate someone. :whistling:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
As a young Manager years ago, I was presenting awards to my Top5 in Sales productivity. Being a novice Manager myself I announced to 5th place finisher
“and the last place award goes to..Steve “””
I learned that Words have meaning and that was a terrible way to congratulate someone. :whistling:
I'm a supervisor, and have been for over 30 years. It's definitely not what you say, it's how you say it.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I have more in common with AR than I thought. I just can't win the big one. If memory serves this is the 2nd year in a row I have finished in 2nd place.