Amish 57th Annual Draft Contest - by proxy

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly this board is blessed to have the mind of Dante’s who constantly compares historical trends and preferences more than anyone. And this board is full guys chatting draft for months and it shows. The contest has shown more and more hits it seems

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the key is to watch the visit list. At least this year. It also certainly helps when we have 11 picks. Kudos to you guys who put us on to Zach Tom. A number of us took advantage of that info and he certainly fits the RAS and versatility trends of our O-Linemen

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Honestly this board is blessed to have the mind of Dante’s who constantly compares historical trends and preferences more than anyone. And this board is full guys chatting draft for months and it shows. The contest has shown more and more hits it seems

LISTEN TO THIS MAN

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Amish 57th Annual Draft Contest by Proxy
Final results

1st Place: PackFan2 = 34 Points (Wyatt=4, R Walker=3, Tom=7, Toure=10, Carpenter=10)
2nd Place: Schultz = 26 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5, Doubs=7, Toure=10)
3rd Place: FrozenTakesInGB = 22 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5, R Walker=3, Carpenter=10)
3rd Place: PikeBadger = 22 Points (Watson=5, Tom=7, Toure=10)
5th Place: tynimiller = 15 Points (Watson=5, Tom=3, Doubs=7)
6th Place: GoPackYooper = 12 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5, Doubs=3) HM Goodson UDFA
7th Place: Magooch = 11 Points ( Wyatt=4, Tom=7)
8th Place: Dant'es = 10 Points (Q Walker=4, Rhyan=6)
9th Place: OldSchool101 = 9 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5)
9th Place: elcid = 9 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5)
11th Place: Pokerbrat2000 = 8 Points (Watson=5, R Walker=3)
12th Place: DoURant = 6 Points (Q Walker=3, Rhyan=3)
12th Place: jetfixer = 6 Points (Rhyan=6)
14th Place: Poppa San = 5 Points (Watson=5)
14th Place: RepStar15 = 5 Points (Watson=5)
16th Place: ToddPrincl = 4 Points (Wyatt=4)
17th Place: Pkrjones, Voyageur, and JDPackers = 0 Points

Overall, the group mocked 9 of the 11 Draft Picks, Here is the breakdown

1. Quay Walker = 2
1b. Devonte Wyatt = 8
2. Christian Watson = 10
3. Sean Rhyan = 3
4. Romeo Doubs = 3
4b. Zach Tom = 3
5. Kingsley Enagbare = 0
7. Tariq Carpenter = 2
7b. Jonathan Ford = 0
7c. Rasheed Walker = 2
7d. Samori Toure = 3

UDFA Tyler Goodson = 1 (Maybe give a bonus point for mocking an UDFA moving forward.... just a suggestion)

I thought I would compile the final standings in a post, Amish used to do this after the contest every year.

Congratulation to PackFan2!!! He Mocked 5 correct Draft Picks, with 4 in the correct Rd.... Amazing!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

OMG! Don't go talking nice to Elmer the cat! He'll be on the next plane across the pond so you can feed him bangers and mash! I caught him practicing his meows with an "English accent!" ;)
He`d be more than welcome. My female cat Jessie who is 16 and has always been a ***** would love him. She`d be a real Cougar then. :D:D

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Amish 57th Annual Draft Contest by Proxy
Final results

1st Place: PackFan2 = 34 Points (Wyatt=4, R Walker=3, Tom=7, Toure=10, Carpenter=10)
2nd Place: Schultz = 26 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5, Doubs=7, Toure=10)
3rd Place: FrozenTakesInGB = 22 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5, R Walker=3, Carpenter=10)
3rd Place: PikeBadger = 22 Points (Watson=5, Tom=7, Toure=10)
5th Place: tynimiller = 15 Points (Watson=5, Tom=3, Doubs=7)
6th Place: GoPackYooper = 12 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5, Doubs=3) HM Goodson UDFA
7th Place: Magooch = 11 Points ( Wyatt=4, Tom=7)
8th Place: Dant'es = 10 Points (Q Walker=4, Rhyan=6)
9th Place: OldSchool101 = 9 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5)
9th Place: elcid = 9 Points (Wyatt=4, Watson=5)
11th Place: Pokerbrat2000 = 8 Points (Watson=5, R Walker=3)
12th Place: DoURant = 6 Points (Q Walker=3, Rhyan=3)
12th Place: jetfixer = 6 Points (Rhyan=6)
14th Place: Poppa San = 5 Points (Watson=5)
14th Place: RepStar15 = 5 Points (Watson=5)
16th Place: ToddPrincl = 4 Points (Wyatt=4)
17th Place: Pkrjones, Voyageur, and JDPackers = 0 Points

Overall, the group mocked 9 of the 11 Draft Picks, Here is the breakdown

1. Quay Walker = 2
1b. Devonte Wyatt = 8
2. Christian Watson = 10
3. Sean Rhyan = 3
4. Romeo Doubs = 3
4b. Zach Tom = 3
5. Kingsley Enagbare = 0
7. Tariq Carpenter = 2
7b. Jonathan Ford = 0
7c. Rasheed Walker = 2
7d. Samori Toure = 3

UDFA Tyler Goodson = 1 (Maybe give a bonus point for mocking an UDFA moving forward.... just a suggestion)

I thought I would compile the final standings in a post, Amish used to do this after the contest every year.

Congratulation to PackFan2!!! He Mocked 5 correct Draft Picks, with 4 in the correct Rd.... Amazing!
Thank you very much DoURant for your stellar breakdown. Your volunteerism is greatly appreciated to the point I'm considering you for a paid part time position next year.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Utterly shameless smh. Trolling for likes smh. :)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He`d be more than welcome. My female cat Jessie who is 16 and has always been a ***** would love him. She`d be a real Cougar then. :D:D
If only our cat Charlie was still alive. He reached the age of 21. I hope you are that lucky. He was so much a part of our lives. He was one of the constant supports I had in mentally recovering from a stroke. When I make up stories about cats, it keeps him alive in my mind. I miss him a lot.

Life is too short to not remember the good things, and those people and pets that made them even more enjoyable.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Piker for running it. Thanks Rant for the recap. I could see using UDFA as a tie breaker if needed. Congrats PackFan2.
Thanks. I enjoyed doing it. I strongly approve of getting 1 point each if one of your 20 chosen becomes a Packer UDFA.
Since I scored way more points this year than all the other years combined, I'm going to keep all the prizes for myself this year.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. I enjoyed doing it. I strongly approve of getting 1 point each if one of your 20 chosen becomes a Packer UDFA.
Since I scored way more points this year than all the other years combined, I'm going to keep all the prizes for myself this year.
Do it. It makes sense.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case I'll keep the check for them and put it into the moderator summer get together fund.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Thank you very much DoURant for your stellar breakdown. Your volunteerism is greatly appreciated to the point I'm considering you for a paid part time position next year.
It was my pleasure, just trying to give back something to the forum of value. I'm a big NFL Draft fan, and frequent this site around this time of year for all the informative threads, plus this mock draft contest. If you need someone to help next year with it, don't hesitate to ask, I would more than be happy to.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I through an accidentally double bid own two Amari Rodgers signed jerseys maybe I’ll actually put one up as the contest prize next year

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was my pleasure, just trying to give back something to the forum of value. I'm a big NFL Draft fan, and frequent this site around this time of year for all the informative threads, plus this mock draft contest. If you need someone to help next year with it, don't hesitate to ask, I would more than be happy to.
Why not stick around all year? We have ridiculous arguments over vets to trade for prior to the deadline. We have in depth analysis & discussions on practice squad guys to pilfer everytime GB has an injury. And of course, who can forget the annual blame game when GB gets knocked out of the playoffs. ;)

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Why not stick around all year? We have ridiculous arguments over vets to trade for prior to the deadline. We have in depth analysis & discussions on practice squad guys to pilfer everytime GB has an injury. And of course, who can forget the annual blame game when GB gets knocked out of the playoffs. ;)
I drop by once in awhile during the year. Just not like draft season. Maybe I will try to change do that more often moving forward. A great bunch of members on here.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As my final score of ZERO attests, apparently I don't know a thing about drafting... which explains why I had WR Treylon Burks as my #1 pick. Tennessee grabbed him with #18 after trading-away AJ Brown, and Burks is struggling to get onto the field this offseason. Early OTA's said he was battling an "asthma problem", but now HC Vrabel is stating that he's "unavailable". Sure looks like they may be regretting (currently) this pick?

Reaction score
As my final score of ZERO attests, apparently I don't know a thing about drafting... which explains why I had WR Treylon Burks as my #1 pick. Tennessee grabbed him with #18 after trading-away AJ Brown, and Burks is struggling to get onto the field this offseason. Early OTA's said he was battling an "asthma problem", but now HC Vrabel is stating that he's "unavailable". Sure looks like they may be regretting (currently) this pick?
I’m not sure why a early 20’s guy couldn’t keep his weight in check. It’s not a good sign, because if he’s having problems at 23yrs old it only gets tougher as he ages.

I know Burks was rated higher. Yet he’s a completely different type receiver that Watson. I think Watson has better long term upside. Burks I see more in the mold of a Deeboe Samuel type player. Although he’s obviously yet to prove he can become that.

He would’ve been a great compliment WR, but if I had to pick 1 today? I’d take Watson over Burks. I think Christian is more dynamic

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure why a early 20’s guy couldn’t keep his weight in check. It’s not a good sign, because if he’s having problems at 23yrs old it only gets tougher as he ages.

I know Burks was rated higher. Yet he’s a completely different type receiver that Watson. I think Watson has better long term upside. Burks I see more in the mold of a Deeboe Samuel type player. Although he’s obviously yet to prove he can become that.

He would’ve been a great compliment WR, but if I had to pick 1 today? I’d take Watson over Burks. I think Christian is more dynamic
I know absolutely nothing about NFL talent, but that won't keep me off of these forums!!! :) I hope you're correct.

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about NFL talent, but that won't keep me off of these forums!!! :) I hope you're correct.
Of course I am :whistling:

I’m pretty confident Watson will be good long term. Yet we really need him to be an early riser.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Titans seem to have terrible luck with their first round picks as of late. Isaiah Wilson (2020 first rounder) violated several team rules and had legal issues off the field and played only three snaps his rookie season before getting traded to the Dolphins. Their first rounder last year (Caleb Farley) started camp on the non-football injury list and played in only three games (60 snaps) before being placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL.

Members online

Latest posts