Ahman Green jumping on Favre's Bandwagon

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Didn't know where else to put it... I wonder how the locker room of guys really feel? Not trying to stir things... just thought it was of interest how other players view this offseason... albeit this view may be incorrect.

Green not surprised by Favre's frustration
Houston Texans running back Ahman Green said the frustration that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre expressed in recent days was to be expected.
Green, who played for the Packers from 2000 to 2006, made his comments during an interview Tuesday night on Sirius NFL Radio. Green was asked about Favre's frustration after wide receiver Randy Moss was acquired by the New England Patriots. Favre wanted Moss to play in Green Bay.

"Wasn't surprised at all," Green said, referring to Favre's publicly expressed dissatisfaction. "With the stuff that had transpired the last several months with myself leaving, David Martin and William Henderson exiting, that basically brought on what happened this past weekend. It doesn't surprise me. The only thing I'm surprised about is it didn't happen any sooner.

"The things that he works with on the offense are kind of gone, myself as a runner helping him with the running game, Will blocking, David Martin one of the tight ends catching balls," Green said. "Randy Moss, bringing him to Green Bay would have been another weapon for his arsenal. With him not being there that just kind of added to the frustration."

Green signed with the Texans as a free agent on March 4.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a Packer - I don't care what his opinion is about our team. I never cared what Sharper had to say, or Walker. I sure as hell won't listen to Green just because it ended more amicably.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turd.

He lists off David Martin(sucked), Hendo(old&washed up), and himself(unhealthy, overpaid, over-the-hill, unhealthy fumbler) as big losses. What a joke.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree

I don't count Henderson and Martin as losses, they were poor players that we needed to replace with young players.

Ahman Green isn't much of a loss either, not at his asking price and what he has produced the last couple of seasons, remember, it isn't very hard to get a 1000-yard rusher in the NFL, why pay 7 millions for one?

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I won't dog Hendo or Green, but their productivity last year doesn't cite them as big losses for not being here this year.

I too don't care what Ahman says.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I'm happier with B Jack back there, more so than Green. I was just pushing for Green to come back ok last year. B Jack is a talented FRESH RB, who compliments Morency well.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green was indeed, a great Running back for the Green Bay Packers, but the contract offered by Houston Texans to Green was too large for what Green offered to the Packers at this point of his career. Unless things changed in Houston,

Green will probably know great frustration with the kind of offensive Line that the Texans have blocking for him.

However i offer him nothing but the best and I don't blame him for jumping at that last great payday Houston offered him!!

Henderson was given extra year in '06 season, the Packer could not justify him on the roster anymore. Wm was drafted in '97, and Age caught up with him. The Packer's released him far in advance, so he could hook on with another team if he wished.

David Martin was drafted in 2001 and given 6 years to prove himself as a consistant pass catching Tight end in NFL. He did not . Martin never realized the potentional that was seen in him by the Packers. It was time to cut ties with him!! Wish Martin good luck with the Dolphins

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William Henderson was drafted in 1995 with the 66th overall pick in the 3rd round.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Turd.

He lists off David Martin(sucked), Hendo(old&washed up), and himself(unhealthy, overpaid, over-the-hill, unhealthy fumbler) as big losses. What a joke.

Losing Sharper wasnt much of a loss neither as indicated below:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are silly. Dissing Green and Hendo because you disagree with them. You were thier biggest fan last year I'm sure.

Disagree with thier views, bot don't dog em. You guys go overboard with your TED ABOVE ALL attitude. If Green would have complimented TT you guys would be singing a different tune.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, because then he would be right. In this case he is WRONG.

In your mind. I tend to believe Green and Favre know more than you. After all, they've stepped foot on a foootball field

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Turd.

Losing Sharper wasnt much of a loss neither as indicated below:
:thumbsup:

Always loved Green but right now he can just shut the **** up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are silly. Dissing Green and Hendo because you disagree with them. You were thier biggest fan last year I'm sure.

Disagree with thier views, bot don't dog em. You guys go overboard with your TED ABOVE ALL attitude. If Green would have complimented TT you guys would be singing a different tune.
You go overboard with your posts in almost all the threads here "*******" TT. And if Green would have complimented TT, you'd be blasting Green.
I didn't see ANY "*******" of Green or Henderson here. Facts were stated. Green is NOT worth the huge payday he got. Henderson IS old and over the hill as a football player. Martin had PLENTY of time to prove himself worthy, and didn't do it.
I STILL Love Green and Henderson. They were very good players and people here. It doesn't change the facts that i stated above though.
And you don't think that Green was having a little fun in being able to get an extra slap in at TT for him NOT being willing to over pay him like the Texans did? You have to take what was said with a grain of salt.
Sharper did the same thing when he left. Just because TT didn't see him as worth what Sharper's ego thought he was worth.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

You go overboard with your posts in almost all the threads here "*******" TT. And if Green would have complimented TT, you'd be blasting Green.
I didn't see ANY "*******" of Green or Henderson here. Facts were stated. Green is NOT worth the huge payday he got. Henderson IS old and over the hill as a football player. Martin had PLENTY of time to prove himself worthy, and didn't do it.
I STILL Love Green and Henderson. They were very good players and people here. It doesn't change the facts that i stated above though.
And you don't think that Green was having a little fun in being able to get an extra slap in at TT for him NOT being willing to over pay him like the Texans did? You have to take what was said with a grain of salt.
Sharper did the same thing when he left. Just because TT didn't see him as worth what Sharper's ego thought he was worth.

Yeah, what this guy said.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope Green does well, but he's not a Packer anymore, so I don't really care what he says about our team. No dissing involved.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved Green but price was way too high. Did Sherman offer part of his salary to pay Green? AG has the right to say what he wants. Doubt he gets over 800 yards this year only because of the line. Next year will be worse.

Martin was constantly injured and really just not that good. He will probably not see 10 games this year.

Will, gave it his all but the blocking just wasn't there anymore.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ZeroZcool- posted "dont correct the site historian!! "

Bertram was indeed correct. Henderson did come into the league in 1995 and at end of '06 season had 12 years with the Packers. I should have caught that incorrect year of 1997 that I posted when I proof read my post.

Anyone can question accuracy of this site historian posts. Nobody is perfect.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who the hell wouldnt be pissed if someone basically told you that you werent good enough to be paid as much as you thought.

just because he is bitter, doesnt mean he is right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
who the hell wouldnt be pissed if someone basically told you that you werent good enough to be paid as much as you thought.

just because he is bitter, doesnt mean he is right.

Shhh thats almost like saying ex coaches couldnt work with Sherman cuz he wouldnt listen to them...But no one ever brings that up....

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:
yea, because then he would be right. In this case he is WRONG.

In your mind. I tend to believe Green and Favre know more than you. After all, they've stepped foot on a foootball field

Yeah, and I tend to believe TT knows more than Green, Favre, or even posters here!!!!!! :eek:mg: After all, he gets paid to evaluate this crap, while none of the aforementioned do.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ZeroZcool- posted "dont correct the site historian!! "

Bertram was indeed correct. Henderson did come into the league in 1995 and at end of '06 season had 12 years with the Packers. I should have caught that incorrect year of 1997 that I posted when I proof read my post.

Anyone can question accuracy of this site historian posts. Nobody is perfect.

you got that right abotu no ones perfect, i make mistakes on an hourly basis!! lol

did you know he came into the league wearing number 30?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts