Ahman Green anyone?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what a Falcons fan friend of mine told me Nance was pretty damn good when they signed him. I think we should give him a chance and see what he can do. Put Jackson back on the practice squad where he belongs.

I actually went and youtubed him when I read that the Packers picked him up. He didn't look half bad. Kind of like Grant in that he's got one move and then it's North/South. His problem right now, and I'm assuming it'd be the same for a guy like Lynch, is he's coming from a COMPLETELY different system. It's going to take a little time for him to get comfortable in our offense.

I don't even know if he was active for the Bears game? I wouldn't mind seeing him get some carries against the Lions this week.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh!!!!! I wonder what it would take to bring Emmitt Smith out of retirement??? :smile2:

And have I told you lately how much I miss Grant!!!???

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing him get some carries against the Lions this week.

Yeah, Id like to see them give nance at least 1 or 2 carries, just to see how he holds up. I mean, for gawd sake, he cant be any worse than whats going on right now.
The least MM could do right now would be to start Kuhn at RB. He might not be much, but he's better than Jackson.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would love a killer ground game. Please point me in the direction of one. Is one of the top 5 backs in the league available? No? just a 3rd stringer? Ill pass.

That's what I'm saying... We don't NEED it.

The thing is a lot of guys are ready to jump on the RB and place all the blame on him. But there's just as much blame to be placed on the O-Line, if not more. We are weak there.

Hell, look at a team like the Browns. They have Harrison and now Hillis, neither of which are phenomenal backs. But both put up crazy numbers. Why? Because of the O-line. Cleveland's O-Line is extremely solid. The RB position is easy to put damn near anyone in and have them succeed as long as the O-Line is solid.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying... We don't NEED it.

The thing is a lot of guys are ready to jump on the RB and place all the blame on him. But there's just as much blame to be placed on the O-Line, if not more. We are weak there.

Hell, look at a team like the Browns. They have Harrison and now Hillis, neither of which are phenomenal backs. But both put up crazy numbers. Why? Because of the O-line. Cleveland's O-Line is extremely solid. The RB position is easy to put damn near anyone in and have them succeed as long as the O-Line is solid.

I heard some stat during a browns game of the impact Joe Thomas had on the number of sacks they took from the year before they drafted him to the next year and the year after. wish I could find it. Just like Denver back in the day, anyone could step in at RB and rush for 1200 yards

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green is 40 or something, right? No thanks.

Besides, RB was not the problem last night. The OL was.

33 actually.

I am all for giving Jackson another chance, but if he struggles again against the Lions next week, what are we going to do? I'm not someone who always wants to go out and make changes as many impatient fans do. But I feel that we need at least some semblance of a running game to beat good teams and make a deep run in the playoffs. And I think we should at least give Green a look.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kuhn is a beast took all the bears d-line and kept moving,do feel jackson has to step up but as long as you get positive yards and good field position witch they seem to get we should be okay.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn kind of reminds me of Mike Alstott, a fullback who is a punishing rusher. I really like the way he runs people over and requires at least 3 people to bring him down. that being said, i don't think he should be relied upon as our #1 rusher, i say give Jackson another chance and if he fails to have a big game give a chance to Nance or Starks when he comes back.

Just because a RB isn't proven doesn't mean he won't break out when given an oppurtunity, remember how Grant got started? Nance or Starks could do the same thing

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn kind of reminds me of Mike Alstott, a fullback who is a punishing rusher. I really like the way he runs people over and requires at least 3 people to bring him down. that being said, i don't think he should be relied upon as our #1 rusher, i say give Jackson another chance and if he fails to have a big game give a chance to Nance or Starks when he comes back.

Just because a RB isn't proven doesn't mean he won't break out when given an oppurtunity, remember how Grant got started? Nance or Starks could do the same thing

I agree with this, but we've got to get our O-Line right before either will have a chance in hell of making a difference.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO IT DOESN'T.

Jesus Christ. More than enough evidence has shown you DO NOT NEED a top tier running game to make it to or win the ****ing Super Bowl.

I never said "top tier running game". How about better than 8 yards rushing at half time?

Like I've posted before, who is going to run down the clock in the NFC Championship Game to keep Drew Brees off the field? (Hint: Brandon Jackson, John Kuhn or Ahman Green are the wrong answer.)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^
We need more than we got last night. No, we don't need a "lights out" running game, but we need some semblance of a running game. And last night we didn't have a running game. At all.

Can we afford to do something like 7 carries for 8 yards in a half in the Playoffs? I really don't think so.

Side Note: Is there a reason this gets you so mad? Calm down, bro.

This is the best post I've read at this forum.

Thank you!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts