Adios MVS

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fyi, on the contrary, this is why I was pushing for AJ Green and Julio Jones in other threads.

Are they past their prime and slower today? Obviously

But they can CATCH and MLFs scheme tends to get guys open

AJ Green and Jones are entirely different WRs in an offense than MVS to compare both is like comparing two different positions almost.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Green and Jones are entirely different WRs in an offense than MVS to compare both is like comparing two different positions almost.
Right. I just don't believe we really "need" a deep threat type guy like MVS.

To answer your other post. Whether he has CJ hands or "average" hands, what has he produced? His best year was 38 catches in his rookie year lol

I just don't believe we need him. I'm not convinced he will just all of a sudden have 50 - 60 catches all of a sudden

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To answer your other post. Whether he has CJ hands or "average" hands, what has he produced? His best year was 38 catches in his rookie year lol

I just don't believe we need him. I'm not convinced he will just all of a sudden have 50 - 60 catches all of a sudden

Most of this is fair and far from the definitive nature some what ti pretend to discuss him in.

MVS easily would have had 50 catches a season without a first ballot HoF and bonafide #1 in the league on the team. I’ll say that definitively as the trends per game support that even if he just got targeted once or twice more a game due to Adams no longer there.

I believe fiscally it was still smart not resigning him 100% I just don’t believe anyone is more hated or discredited unjustly than MVS in the last decade of GB football.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I stand by to see how this works out. Last year worked out exactly as I predicted. A Rodgers el-foldo as the smartest man in the stadium implodes at crunch time again. Adams turns dowm the same money to go play with someone else and now MVS bids adieu as well. Maybe Gute actually can’t find anyone interested in hitching their wagon to the Ego-wagon? How bad does that suck if we throw all that money at the Arrogant One and we can’t find anyone to play with him no matter how big a porkchop we tie around his neck? Honestly this is suprising even me.
No one really knows why Adams left fir sure.
But it appears the man has z huge ego himself just playing it cool for the media. After all hardly any of this guys will tell you what they really think when 10ns or 100ds of millions are at stake.

To get honest answers you would need to remove money out of the equation both sallery and endorsements which heavy depend on there fake image/personal they create for the media.

As for MVS he might just be chasing more $$ or he didn't want to play with Rodgers because he feels he wosent looking his way offen enough because he was so Lazer focused on Adams and he feels he been wronged and his stock didn't go up as a result not being able to showcase his skills

We will see how he dies in KC sad that should shed some light on this.

Rodgers by not spreading thd ball around may have created a monster in Adams and descurudge other kids from doing there best because even if there are open they don't get thd ball.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one really knows why Adams left fir sure.
But it appears the man has z huge ego himself just playing it cool for the media. After all hardly any of this guys will tell you what they really think when 10ns or 100ds of millions are at stake.

To get honest answers you would need to remove money out of the equation both sallery and endorsements which heavy depend on there fake image/personal they create for the media.

As for MVS he might just be chasing more $$ or he didn't want to play with Rodgers because he feels he wosent looking his way offen enough because he was so Lazer focused on Adams and he feels he been wronged and his stock didn't go up as a result not being able to showcase his skills

We will see how he dies in KC sad that should shed some light on this.

Rodgers by not spreading thd ball around may have created a monster in Adams and descurudge other kids from doing there best because even if there are open they don't get thd ball.
First, you should use spell check or something. I'm sorry, but your grammar is horrendous.

Adam's left to do what was best for HIM and I can't blame him. He did the best decision for Davante Adam's, and you can't blame him at all. I don't.

MVS was apparently offered more money with the Saints, but he was looking for a longer deal (years) which the Chiefs gave him. I don't blame him, he also did the best decision for HIMSELF. Can't blame him.

That said. I would NOT have overpaid for either of those guys

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, you should use spell check or something. I'm sorry, but your grammar is horrendous.

Adam's left to do what was best for HIM and I can't blame him. He did the best decision for Davante Adam's, and you can't blame him at all. I don't.

MVS was apparently offered more money with the Saints, but he was looking for a longer deal (years) which the Chiefs gave him. I don't blame him, he also did the best decision for HIMSELF. Can't blame him.

I agree completely. Not worth the money they ware asking for. I was just saying you can't rely on what they say the reasons are besides the monetary ones because of the money.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really disagree with anyone that says having a deep threat is not important.

Ok. Free country, everyone has differing opinions. Just watch the MLF offense. Many receivers are schemed open

Lets not forget that Tonyan and Aaron Jones are important receiving options and are fast for their positions

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. Free country, everyone has differing opinions. Just watch the MLF offense. Many receivers are schemed open

Lets not forget that Tonyan and Aaron Jones are important receiving options and are fast for their positions
You are right however you still need a deep threat speedster to keep D#honest and stop them from shoting down your running game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe fiscally it was still smart not resigning him 100% I just don’t believe anyone is more hated or discredited unjustly than MVS in the last decade of GB football.
What is Jeff Janis doing these days? And Kevin King waits.
I really disagree with anyone that says having a deep threat is not important.
Bad me. I read throat not threat first time through.

D

Deleted member 6794

I get that, but its like you're all of a sudden expecting a guy in his mid to late 20s to learn how to have hands like Calvin Johnson . MVS can no doubt improve to run a full route tree and get away from the "one trick pony" of running just go routes, but I don't believe he will just all of a sudden have great hands lol...

MVS' hands improved over the course of his tenure in Green Bay. I don't expect him to be a receiver capable of using the full route tree ever though.

I think anyone that expects Scantling to be your "go to" receiver is going to end up being disappointed.

What you're saying is that the Chiefs will end up being disappointed in him???

On short targets or intermediate he has actually be much better than on the deeper balls, but due to his role in the offense those targets are less typical than deeper - although he had a few excellent games underneath when the D dropped back and Rodgers made them pay with MVS shorter.

I guess his lack of route running ability had a lot to do with him not being targeted on short to intermediate throws more often.

Reaction score

That’s the way I see it. As a GM, would you pay $10m per season for 35 catches and 550+ yards? That’s what a realistic average # for him was.

Obviously the WR market was hot at the top of the list and that factored in. Plus, you’d like to think he will hit his stride and make that deal mutually beneficial. I still think his worth is in that $6-8m range yearly. Yet the truth is that a players value is whatever someone is willing to pay

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While discussing the changes with The Athletic’s Nate Taylor from Rodgers to Mahomes, he states, “There’s not much difference. One is just a little bit older. I’m just super excited to have the two best quarterbacks throw me the ball. I guess I’m living right

Reaction score
I
While discussing the changes with The Athletic’s Nate Taylor from Rodgers to Mahomes, he states, “There’s not much difference. One is just a little bit older. I’m just super excited to have the two best quarterbacks throw me the ball. I guess I’m living right
l would admit. Having those 2 QB’s is a privilege. MVS has that going for him. He’s just good enough that if he finds the right niche (scheme + QB + usage) he could at least help his team as a deep threat.

That said. MVS wasn’t really that impressive for all the time he spent in GB. He actually regressed a little and the timing between him and Rodgers just never quite blossomed. The hope was he would’ve put up 55 catches at 18.5 per in 2021 and flirt with 1,000. Truth be known he kinda fizzled for GB last year and seemed to often be off timing with Rodgers. I’m not sure what happened but he’s been stuck on the 500 plateau.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wanna bash a guy for grammar, you might wanna look in the mirror kid. It’s due, not do. Plus Adams isn’t plural, but keep being grammar police.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

l would admit. Having those 2 QB’s is a privilege. MVS has that going for him. He’s just good enough that if he finds the right niche (scheme + QB + usage) he could at least help his team as a deep threat.

That said. MVS wasn’t really that impressive for all the time he spent in GB. He actually regressed a little and the timing between him and Rodgers just never quite blossomed. The hope was he would’ve put up 55 catches at 18.5 per in 2021 and flirt with 1,000. Truth be known he kinda fizzled for GB last year and seemed to often be off timing with Rodgers. I’m not sure what happened but he’s been stuck on the 500 plateau.

Sorry regressed, nope. Sorry that is lunacy.

Reaction score
Sorry regressed, nope. Sorry that is lunacy.

No seriously though. I didn’t understand your post at all one way or another. Please rephrase? Are you accusing me of “lunatic fringe”!I love that word!
I sent that song to a girl and she sort of broke up with me. lol
It was totally innocent! It was just the musician in me thought it was a cool song. Im not sure what the H she was thinking. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Wanna bash a guy for grammar, you might wanna look in the mirror kid. It’s due, not do. Plus Adams isn’t plural, but keep being grammar police.
Someones are looking for a timeout. Maybe they should read the rules. And yes I know grammar is not spelling but they are related IMO so this part is close enough. I'll submit to the staff the addition of grammar subsection if need be.
Spelling Mistakes and Typos:
If anyone here ever has an issue with how someone types, spells, or using the wrong word, for instance:

Receiving core and not receiving corp (we had to lay this out perfectly because some posters were confused)

Please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please. You're going to open up a whole mess that no one wants to deal with. Be respectful of the person and not embarrass them in front of their fellow Packer and NFL fans.
[/moderation]

I hope MVS has a decent season and career. I fully expect Jaire to negate him when we meet in the next SB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts