Adios MVS

Reaction score
I assume at this point GB will be hosting an open tryout for the WR position? Let me find out when and I will give it a shot. I may not be able to catch well but I am also slow.
I know better than that. I’ve seen what a Tasmanian Devil can do if given the correct food motivation!
You’re like a tornado eating through stuff like Swiss Cheese :eek:
You might run a 5.45 X 40 but you’re 3-Cone is 6.37 good. Please don’t eat the cones if you try out tho

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not shocked, the only team getting him for less was GB. You’re signing an experience WR, that is an excellent blocker and that can blow the top end off any defense…factor in he seems to have continued growth before his ceiling based on getting better each year in routes.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet we see some vet minimum vets coming in to play with #12.

Wheres randy moss for $1m when you need him:)

OP
OP
AKCheese

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I stand by to see how this works out. Last year worked out exactly as I predicted. A Rodgers el-foldo as the smartest man in the stadium implodes at crunch time again. Adams turns dowm the same money to go play with someone else and now MVS bids adieu as well. Maybe Gute actually can’t find anyone interested in hitching their wagon to the Ego-wagon? How bad does that suck if we throw all that money at the Arrogant One and we can’t find anyone to play with him no matter how big a porkchop we tie around his neck? Honestly this is suprising even me.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I stand by to see how this works out. Last year worked out exactly as I predicted. A Rodgers el-foldo as the smartest man in the stadium implodes at crunch time again. Adams turns dowm the same money to go play with someone else and now MVS bids adieu as well. Maybe Gute actually can’t find anyone interested in hitching their wagon to the Ego-wagon? How bad does that suck if we throw all that money at the Arrogant One and we can’t find anyone to play with him no matter how big a porkchop we tie around his neck? Honestly this is suprising even me.
Look at the defense. Just look at it.

Now look at the quarterback. Pretty sure this team will be fine come January

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought MVS started showing some all round playing ability but was hurt to much to know for sure. It's taking a chance to think he will help your ballclub $10M worth. imo But he sure got separation deep.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard NO was more and GB was a one year deal, but not as much. Don’t blame him going for multi year with Mahomes
Wow really? Paying OVER $10M for a guy who has never caught more than 38 passes in a year is insane. I think he's a quality person and ascending player for sure but worth nowhere near $10M

I get MVS's thought process to take care of himself though, he made the best choice for himself.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow really? Paying OVER $10M for a guy who has never caught more than 38 passes in a year is insane. I think he's a quality person and ascending player for sure but worth nowhere near $10M

I get MVS's thought process to take care of himself though, he made the best choice for himself.

He is young, ascending WR and has a rare uncoachable skillset. You aren’t paying a guy like him for what he is, but also the direction he is heading.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is young, ascending WR and has a rare uncoachable skillset. You aren’t paying a guy like him for what he is, but also the direction he is heading.

I get that, but its like you're all of a sudden expecting a guy in his mid to late 20s to learn how to have hands like Calvin Johnson . MVS can no doubt improve to run a full route tree and get away from the "one trick pony" of running just go routes, but I don't believe he will just all of a sudden have great hands lol...

MVS has the size and speed of CJ but let's not confuse them here as CJ could run a full route tree and can CATCH.

I just don't believe he can all of a sudden become great at catching and have great hands....the most important part

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fyi, on the contrary, this is why I was pushing for AJ Green and Julio Jones in other threads.

Are they past their prime and slower today? Obviously

But they can CATCH and MLFs scheme tends to get guys open

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I get that, but its like you're all of a sudden expecting a guy in his mid to late 20s to learn how to have hands like Calvin Johnson . MVS can no doubt improve to run a full route tree and get away from the "one trick pony" of running just go routes, but I don't believe he will just all of a sudden have great hands lol...

MVS has the size and speed of CJ but let's not confuse them here as CJ could run a full route tree and can CATCH.

I just don't believe he can all of a sudden become great at catching and have great hands....the most important part
How many passes do you think Scantling dropped since Thanksgiving 2020?

That's an old narrative that some of you who aren't paying attention still babble about.

I think anyone that expects Scantling to be your "go to" receiver is going to end up being disappointed. He's not an instinctive football player and is never probably going to out smart anyone on the field with nifty little tricks and nuances.

Reaction score
We should go after Devante Parker. He would be a good replacement. He would most likely be better than MVS, and we would not have to give up much (a third-round pick?), nor would his contract cost very much.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's an old narrative that some of you who aren't paying attention still babble about.

I think anyone that expects Scantling to be your "go to" receiver is going to end up being disappointed. He's not an instinctive football player and is never probably going to out smart anyone on the field with nifty little tricks and nuances.

It doesn't matter if MVS "dropped" a pass or AR was off target.....

At the end of the day it's still production, this isn't an OL or DL where his performance is based off the eye test or "doing his job ". For WRs, it's still performance based, what has he produced?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should go after Devante Parker. He would be a good replacement. He would most likely be better than MVS, and we would not have to give up much (a third-round pick?), nor would his contract cost very much.

I agree with that, although MVS is arguably faster than Parker

But I think Parker is better overall

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To add to this, look at Tonyans catch rate from 2020. That's about as good as ever lol

I mean do I believe Tonyan is our long term answer at TE? still not sure

But look at the production he had in 2020, all those catches and ARs percentage throwing to him was like 95%(or whatever)

That's a guy I'm comfortable throwing bjg money to, if he can do it again.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why jump to a player that is literally one of the best ever to play the position lol….if they expected that they’d be paying him near 30 a year.

I’ve broken down deep ball players across the last three to four decades disproving this theory that MVS has worse hands than is typical of guys with such deep targets. He is very normal due to his long targets.

On short targets or intermediate he has actually be much better than on the deeper balls, but due to his role in the offense those targets are less typical than deeper - although he had a few excellent games underneath when the D dropped back and Rodgers made them pay with MVS shorter.

I’m not saying this all to defend the concept of paying that much but it isn’t shocking honestly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts