Adams Traded to Las Vegas

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Then let’s just say that Davante wanted out of GB no matter what. Still the Packer organization DID NOT go out there to find a super steady veteran receiver. That’s my point. Randall Cobb isn’t that good and the rest are young and have a lot to learn like hanging on to the football! Rodgers NEEDED a seasoned veteran as a replacement for Adams if not two.(Ideally)

He wanted out...read his quotes
So watkins isnt a seasoned vet?

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not playing like a seasoned vet. He better start being that kind of a receiver

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not playing like a seasoned vet. He better start being that kind of a receiver
So a season vet is only someone that is a 8 catch 100 yard 1 td wr each game?

You asked for a seasoned vet and like it or not, Watkins is.

Now you said not playing like one. Just like to know what your defenition is?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then let’s just say that Davante wanted out of GB no matter what. Still the Packer organization DID NOT go out there to find a super steady veteran receiver. That’s my point. Randall Cobb isn’t that good and the rest are young and have a lot to learn like hanging on to the football! Rodgers NEEDED a seasoned veteran as a replacement for Adams if not two.(Ideally)
Cobb serves a purpose and he should be used for that. On a long pass he has to clearly beat a defender or two like he did on that 4th down bomb in Chicago in 2013. But he is not a Jordy Nelson or a Randy Moss. He does not have the wing span. When I saw that long one Sunday I said it is either incomplete or an INT. Not even a chance at interference.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cobb serves a purpose and he should be used for that. On a long pass he has to clearly beat a defender or two like he did on that 4th down bomb in Chicago in 2013. But he is not a Jordy Nelson or a Randy Moss. He does not have the wing span. When I saw that long one Sunday I said it is either incomplete or an INT. Not even a chance at interference.

Rodgers admitted it was a dumb decision to throw that ball.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was so hard to play with he made Adams go home and cry to his momma and they barely have a functioning airport so he couldn't leave and there is nothing else to do in GB other than ****.

I'm kidding of course. Adams is in the back nine of his career too. He gave us a lot and played hard all the time. Complete pro and I wish him well. If he was 28 and Rodgers 30, i'm guessing he's enduring all those flights to go home for a few more years. But alas, life goes on and he decided it was time to move on.
Davante probably has enough money to fly in whoever he wants to see him play, but whatever. He was a great Packer and in my opinion is an intelligent man of character. However, my immature side wants to see the Raiders go 0-17 and Devante have a so-so season so Rodgers gets due credit for his part in making Devante great in Green Bay. Raiders are off to an 0-2 start. Green Bay may be starting to look a little warmer to 'tae.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wanting the raiders to lose has nothing to do with Devante. I have never liked them or their fans. They have some really scum fans. Not saying all but enough. And the organization always somehow seemed to encourage them. imo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All things considered, I say patience may show the Tae we all know and love. I just cannot believe he regresses much. One bad game isn't on him if the playcalling didnt target him.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
All things considered, I say patience may show the Tae we all know and love. I just cannot believe he regresses much. One bad game isn't on him if the playcalling didnt target him.
You're more than likely correct. I just wonder what his patience level will be if a string of 2 or 3 games of low production level gets him frustrated to the point of causing friction with Carr and/or McDaniels and the playcalling.

We've never really seen Davante react that way. But then again, we've never really seen him go for 2 and 12 all that much since he became 'that guy'.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams was targeted seven times vs. the Cardinals. His catch percentage with the Raiders is down to 50.0% compared to 66.1% with Rodgers throwing him ball. It seems it isn't that easy putting up elite numbers without a superb quarterback after all :D

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams was targeted seven times vs. the Cardinals. His catch percentage with the Raiders is down to 50.0% compared to 66.1% with Rodgers throwing him ball. It seems it isn't that easy putting up elite numbers without a superb quarterback after all :D
Early yet. Raiders have other good weapons as well. Defense is what they need.

D

Deleted member 6794

Early yet. Raiders have other good weapons as well. Defense is what they need.

I agree it's way too early to make a fair evaluation of Adams with the Raiders, I thought it was interesting to note nonetheless.

OP
OP
A

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Absolutely shameful. This is assault. Ban should be coming

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about a long suspension, but that's 100% going to receive a fine for sure. Maybe a one game.