Aaron. S̶h̶u̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'm going to say it again. If Aaron Rodgers doesn't like the direction this organization is taking, I'm 100% not opposed to getting value for him via trade.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/16/aaron-rodgers-wants-more-freedom-at-the-line-of-scrimmage/

They haven't even installed the new offense yet and he's already stating he wants more freedom at the line.

Here's to hoping LaFluer clamps that **** down quick. No one player, even Aaron, is bigger than the team.

And before everyone goes nuts on me about my take, it's one I've held for years, and shared on here many times. This is like a repeat of 2004-2008 with Brett all over again.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one player, even Aaron, is bigger than the team.

Not sure where you are getting this from. You can object to him saying that publicly, but it's true. No point getting a genius QB and sticking him to do a robot job. If that's MLFs new offence, I'm not encouraged by our new coach.

Anyway it's a loaded statement that doesn't really give full context or Is even indicative of things to be.

I'll wait after 5 games to see how this plays.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a pattern. He's been using the press to relay messages that should be related behind closed doors.

Also, there's no point in getting your next head coach if you believe what Aaron's been doing ( working against his coaching for years, leading to the firing of the HC who allowed it) is working.

If it's a pissing match between AR and MF, AR should tread lightly. Also, as fans, we should be hoping for him to buy in to the new system, not freelance out of it.

It showed last year what happens when you play sandlot with limited talent. AR ran his own plays almost all season, and it didn't work. It got MM fired bc he lost the team. It's created a level of dysfunction most orgs with MVP/ HOF caliber QBs rarely see.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sjb, you may be right but, I agree with XPack, let's wait a bit.
I want a better source than Florio (he bleeds Viking purple) and Mike Silver's twitter.

Also, Rodgers and Lafleur may be on the same page anyway. The Pack may be considering the old Dungy/Peyton Manningish system. That was calling plays at the line but, still very much within the gameplan.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Lord, I knew someone was going to make a thread regarding this at some point, I just was expecting it to be RicFlair or Gbgary. Can you like seriously chill? It is WAY too early to be making these premonitions that Rodgers hasn't bought into the system. Can you just wait before flipping out? Geez by your logic I guess Rodgers should've stuck with McCarthy's conservative play calling, in which a lot of us here has been complaining about. I mean heaven forbid our generational talented QB voice his opinion on a matter without it being seen as being negative towards the team. -_-

I swear I feel like posts like these are made in the heat of the moment, and completely emotional.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What chill?

I say about AR what I say about any person in this organization: if you're not on board, get out.

He isn't this team. Brett wasn't this team. Jennings, Finley, Jordy, McCarthy, Thompson weren't this team.

I root for the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Rodgers.

Get on board, or let us find you a new team and get what we can for his talent.

It's binary friend. Cancer spreads. No better way to split the locker room than having the HOF QB question the brand new coach.

And Aaron knows it. That's what has me irked. He did it purposefully. He's smart. He knew exactly what he was doing giving that on record quote.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What chill?

I say about AR what I say about any person in this organization: if you're not on board, get out.

He isn't this team. Brett wasn't this team. Jennings, Finley, Jordy, McCarthy, Thompson weren't this team.

I root for the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Rodgers.

Get on board, or let us find you a new team and get what we can for his talent.

It's binary friend. Cancer spreads. No better way to split the locker room than having the HOF QB question the brand new coach.

And Aaron knows it. That's what has me irked. He did it purposefully. He's smart. He knew exactly what he was doing giving that on record quote.

Dude with respect, eat a snickers. You're getting way too worked up over this.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also, there's no point in getting your next head coach if you believe what Aaron's been doing ( working against his coaching for years, leading to the firing of the HC who allowed it) is working.

It's ridiculous to suggest that Rodgers worked against McCarthy for years while the Packers were extremely successful before #12 broke his collarbone against the Vikings in 2017.

It might be smart to wait until at least some games have been played to speculate about a dysfunction between LaFleur and his quarterback.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to suggest that Rodgers worked against McCarthy for years while the Packers were extremely successful before #12 broke his collarbone against the Vikings in 2017.

It might be smart to wait until at least some games have been played to speculate about a dysfunction between LaFleur and his quarterback.
This.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'm going to say it again. If Aaron Rodgers doesn't like the direction this organization is taking, I'm 100% not opposed to getting value for him via trade.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-wants-more-freedom-at-the-line-of-scrimmage/
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-wants-more-freedom-at-the-line-of-scrimmage/

They haven't even installed the new offense yet and he's already stating he wants more freedom at the line.

Here's to hoping LaFluer clamps that **** down quick. No one player, even Aaron, is bigger than the team.

And before everyone goes nuts on me about my take, it's one I've held for years, and shared on here many times. This is like a repeat of 2004-2008 with Brett all over again.

I think the coaches are dumb ***** for not taking advantage of the field generals knowledge of the game. guaranteed #12 knows more about the game than his coach does. But the authority Needs to make a stand...

Shoot themselves in the foot to have control.

#12 already spent half his career listening to the game plan. This guy knows what this team needs. Lafleur is guessing.
Thats a fact.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ****ing June and nobody, not even the QB has a grasp on this full offense so just ****. Give it some time sheesh. and quit using Florio, that guy sucks balls just to get clicks when it comes to Rodgers and the Packers.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect, you are kind of making my point for me: if no one, not even the qb, knows the offense, why would it be acceptable to begin freelancing at the line?

All that's going to do is add to the confusion of installing a new offense with younger guys, and (more importantly) it undermines the new coach.

As to the other poster stating the system was working until the collarbone, you are missing the point: Rodgers had a history (even before 2017) of undermining MM. It's been well and widely reported. Based off his actions last year alone from player reports, something like this should be seen as bad. The QB needs to be on the coaches page, not vice versa.

Lastly, I didn't disrespect anyone with my posts in this board. Please don't disrespect me with posts like "****" simply due to disagreeing with me.

Reaction score
It's a pattern. He's been using the press to relay messages that should be related behind closed doors.

Yep...... there's their problem.
The press has no business in these kind of conversations.

Similar to what goes on in the white house everyday.

Besides, aren't you sick of the press/social med taking over the world?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Lastly, I didn't disrespect anyone with my posts in this board. Please don't disrespect me with posts like "****" simply due to disagreeing with me.

Valid point. Let`s keep it civil guys.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was more of a **** because a single play hasn’t been run from scrimmage. It’s like crying that your wedding scheduled for July 17th of 2021 is going to be rained out because the farmers almanac said we may have a wetter summer that 2 years from now.

Are we all that sensitive these days. If you think my nonchalant attitude toward it in June is a tad out there, feel free to tell me the same 4 lettered acronym. They’re just words. And if Rodgers makes this team implode, feel free to rub my face in it daily. I can handle it.

Rodgers hasn’t done anything. And Windbag Florio must need clicks to pay the mortgage this month. After practically a decade of dominance at the position, 2 injury filled seasons and the guy who has worked his *** off to be what he is on this team is the antichrist according to a writer paid for clicks lol

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Valid point. Let`s keep it civil guys.
Agreed. But the way I see it, this entire post was made on impulse. I mean seriously there have been several people other than myself telling this dude just to wait and not to read too much into this. This is why I said for sjb to chill out. It's not coming out of malice, but it's way too early for a thread like this. Again I expected someone like Ric Flair to make a thread like this not him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there's a (rodgers) interview with mike silver (espn) coming out this week (maybe today) where these quotes are coming from. we all know rodgers takes shots at the coaches, and front office, through the press. this is just the latest. i'm not the least bit surprised. not buying-in fully was my number one concern with the coaching change. there were comments a couple of weeks ago and now this interview. MLF should stick to his guns and the front office should back him fully but MLF's already soft peddling this. oh well.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the getting rid of him part, don't forget the roughly 80/60/50 million cap hit if he goes this year or the next two.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there's a (rodgers) interview with mike silver (espn) coming out this week (maybe today) where these quotes are coming from. we all know rodgers takes shots at the coaches, and front office, through the press. this is just the latest. i'm not the least bit surprised. not buying-in fully was my number one concern with the coaching change. there were comments a couple of weeks ago and now this interview. MLF should stick to his guns and the front office should back him fully but MLF's already soft peddling this. oh well.
I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up. Tbh when I saw this I half expected this to be made by you or Ric Flair. I immediately scratched you out because you wouldn't come up with such a title for a thread.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. But the way I see it, this entire post was made on impulse. I mean seriously there have been several people other than myself telling this dude just to wait and not to read too much into this. This is why I said for sjb to chill out. It's not coming out of malice, but it's way too early for a thread like this. Again I expected someone like Ric Flair to make a thread like this not him.

The post isn't impulse at all. I've been saying for seasons (feel free to go check) that anyone can be traded if they no longer fit, including our star qb, if the price is right.

Its a conversation that Aaron is smart enough to know should happen behind closed doors, not through the media.

That goes to intent, and again... Given his history... It speaks a lot toward if he's buying into the changes and making changes himself.

This doesn't sound like a qb adapting to his new environment. It sounds like one who wants to keep doing what he has done "for 11 years".

I hope he does adapt. His history doesn't make me think he will. If that's the case, as with Favre, we have to rip that band-aid off, if the team is truly intent on moving forward, with or without him.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the getting rid of him part, don't forget the roughly 80/60/50 million cap hit if he goes this year or the next two.
yup. no one would trade for him at this point anyway. too costly, too old, and has become an injury concern. the trading ship has passed and disappeared over the horizon.

H

HardRightEdge

At the very least, one should wait until Mike Silver's article is produced. I conclude nothing from one quote out of context. What was the question being answered in that single quote? Where is the "more" stated in the headline in that quote? More than what, exactly?

At the same time, we are to assume that Rodgers should show adaptability to a new system while Florio assumes no adaptability on the part of the coach whose "system entails little freedom at the line of scrimmage for the guy who gets the snap." I assume there must be system adaptability going in.

Until something more substantive is reported, it's hard to call this more than click bait.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was more of a **** because a single play hasn’t been run from scrimmage. It’s like crying that your wedding scheduled for July 17th of 2021 is going to be rained out because the farmers almanac said we may have a wetter summer that 2 years from now.

Are we all that sensitive these days. If you think my nonchalant attitude toward it in June is a tad out there, feel free to tell me the same 4 lettered acronym. They’re just words. And if Rodgers makes this team implode, feel free to rub my face in it daily. I can handle it.

Rodgers hasn’t done anything. And Windbag Florio must need clicks to pay the mortgage this month. After practically a decade of dominance at the position, 2 injury filled seasons and the guy who has worked his *** off to be what he is on this team is the antichrist according to a writer paid for clicks lol

No 'buts'. For whatever reason, telling someone to 'shut the F up' is not very civil.

I did not read the link and dont know what was said by AR. Only because I dont care and dont trust the source. I will wait, as has been suggested, till at least 8 games into the season.

As a public service to all posters (and all Americans) I offer this advice:

Watch the interview. Many of these stories are based on interviews. Its surprising how 2 writers will use the same quote and derive different storylines. I have even seen stories using a quote from 3 years prior to make a point. Completely ignoring current circumstances being very different than 3 years ago.

Get multiple sources.

Note which writers or news sources that show a pattern and seem to have an agenda.

Keep an open mind. Just because someone is on your team or is a great player, does not mean they are a great person and you have to take their side.

Anyway, if folks applied this to politics this would be a much different country. For the better.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the very least, one should wait until Mike Silver's article is produced. I conclude nothing from one quote out of context. What was the question being answered in that single quote? Where is the "more" stated in the headline in that quote? More than what, exactly?

At the same time, we are to assume that Rodgers should show adaptability to a new system while Florio assumes no adaptability on the part of the coach whose "system entails little freedom at the line of scrimmage for the guy who gets the snap." I assume there must be system adaptability going in.

Until something more substantive is reported, it's hard to call this more than click bait.
yeah but are the actual comments rodgers makes at his locker click bait? this new interview is just an elaboration of his locker comments.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not reading anything by Florio, he hasn't earned any future clicks from me. **** is just an expression often used on the internet. Had i wanted to attack someone it would have looked much differently.

i'll re-phrase. In June without a single training camp practice let alone game situation, I think you are vastly overreacting based on a a contextless quote from a master clickbaiter.

using that as your basis to tell Rodgers to "Shut up" isn't very ladylike either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts