Best/Worst Grades from Rams Game

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 snap minimum like normal...again like normal take the gradings however you choose.

Best Offense:
Jordan Love - 83.2
Rasheed Walker - 76.9 (very balanced success in run and pass blocking out of Walker this week)
Dontayvion Wicks - 74.9
Yosh Nijman - 74.5
AJ Dillon - 71.5

Worst Offense:
Jon Runyan - 42.3
Aaron Jones - 55.2 *remove his turnover and he is likely not on the highest but also not lowest
Jayden Reed - 59.7
Christian Watson - 62.7
Josiah Deguara - 63.7

*I've said it before but when you get into the sixties for your worst 5, that is usually a good sign.

Best Defense:
Carrington Valentine - 84.9
Colby Wooden - 82.2
Isaiah McDuffie - 77.8
De'Vondre Campbell - 76.1
Jaire Alexander - 75.2

Worst Defense:
Devonte Wyatt - 40.9
Kingsley Enagbare - 49.7
Karl Brooks - 55.3
TJ Slaton - 56.3
Kenny Clark - 60.2

Clearly PFF doesn't grade DL well for containing and controlling moments...this front did well....have to watch tape if I agree here.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the grade for Jones is rather harsh. His inclusion in the offense yesterday made the entire unit look better.

And why the low grade for Brooks?? I thought he played a nice game.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the grade for Jones is rather harsh. His inclusion in the offense yesterday made the entire unit look better.

And why the low grade for Brooks?? I thought he played a nice game.

Turnovers kill grades, it's why for Jones and honestly Wicks would be mega high if not for his ball security moment.

Brooks I have to pay attention to on rewatch, was there penalty issues I cannot recall, did he have one or two big whiffs on tackling...not sure.

Reaction score
One anomaly was Karl Brooks. He has 2 tipped passes and another play where he ran his OL 3 yards into the backfield and blew a play up. Really that entire DL played sound ball

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 snap minimum like normal...again like normal take the gradings however you choose.

Best Offense:
Jordan Love - 83.2
Rasheed Walker - 76.9 (very balanced success in run and pass blocking out of Walker this week)
Dontayvion Wicks - 74.9
Yosh Nijman - 74.5
AJ Dillon - 71.5

Worst Offense:
Jon Runyan - 42.3
Aaron Jones - 55.2 *remove his turnover and he is likely not on the highest but also not lowest
Jayden Reed - 59.7
Christian Watson - 62.7
Josiah Deguara - 63.7

*I've said it before but when you get into the sixties for your worst 5, that is usually a good sign.

Best Defense:
Carrington Valentine - 84.9
Colby Wooden - 82.2
Isaiah McDuffie - 77.8
De'Vondre Campbell - 76.1
Jaire Alexander - 75.2

Worst Defense:
Devonte Wyatt - 40.9
Kingsley Enagbare - 49.7
Karl Brooks - 55.3
TJ Slaton - 56.3
Kenny Clark - 60.2

Clearly PFF doesn't grade DL well for containing and controlling moments...this front did well....have to watch tape if I agree here.
I was surprised that LA just could not pound the rock especially after Kenny went out. If that is the extent of their offensive line I fear for Stafford. And if you are in a division with the 9ers and Seahawks you are asking for trouble.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised that LA just could not pound the rock especially after Kenny went out. If that is the extent of their offensive line I fear for Stafford. And if you are in a division with the 9ers and Seahawks you are asking for trouble.
They had 2 OL starters out I think. It's been an ongoing problem league-wide imo.

Reaction score
I was surprised too, but out of 23 snaps maybe his other 20 were bad.
Just for giggles I was bored.
I reviewed 16 Defensive plays. Tried to be objective here. I didn’t see the other 4 might’ve been ST?

Karl Brooks had little or ZERO impact + - (quick uh passes etc) or neutral impact on 8 plays. The plays resulted in incompletions or minor gains.

4 he had group negative impact (was part of a D rush group that allowed gains +6, +30, +8, +15)

4 plays Karl had a direct positive impact.
-6 yard backfield blowup call it an equivalent Sack
-Tipped pass resulting in 3rd n 25
-pressured pocket forcing 4th n 2
(Wooden turnover on Downs)
- 3rd n 6 tipped Pass directly forcing a punt.

He really had no direct mistakes other than 1 lost contain where Rypien ran +8 for a 1st down to sideline.

Being as objective as possible. If I graded him for the Packers on a
“C average” scale?
He played B/B- I’d grade him a little closer to top 5 than bottom 5.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reviewed 16 Defensive plays. Tried to be objective here. I didn’t see the other 4 might’ve been ST?

Karl Brooks had little or ZERO impact + - (quick uh passes etc) or neutral impact on 8 plays. The plays resulted in incompletions or minor gains.

4 he had group negative impact (was part of a D rush group that allowed gains +6, +30, +8, +15)

He really had no direct mistakes other than 1 lost contain where Rypien ran +8 for a 1st down to sideline.

“C average” scale?
See how he does against a better opponent.

Reaction score
See how he does against a better opponent.
That’s true. Brooks has been a really good late Day 3 find from a lower conference. He’s adapted well.

I don’t know what to make of the Steelers. They’ve beat the Ravens but the other Wins were unspectacular. They conceivably shouldn’t score more than 17-23 points against our Defense. At home maybe 17,20,23 etc.
This is a very winnable game against what I’d call a 4-4 type strength team. Pitt is playing at home so they have advantage, but one thing about a young team is the Road doesn’t seem to bother young guys as much. Just my opinion.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s true. Brooks has been a really good late Day 3 find from a lower conference. He’s adapted well.

I don’t know what to make of the Steelers. They’ve beat the Ravens but the other Wins were unspectacular. They conceivably shouldn’t score more than 17-23 points against our Defense. At home maybe 17,20,23 etc.
This is a very winnable game against what I’d call a 4-4 type strength team. Pitt is playing at home so they have advantage, but one thing about a young team is the Road doesn’t seem to bother young guys as much. Just my opinion.
If they score it will be likely due to their defense, ST, penalties, or one of those gadget plays that have been in their arsenal for decades. MLF should be ready for anything but should still play percentage football on the road.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

“C average” scale?
Great work OldSchool101. It now makes me wonder what they were grading him upon.

When I watch a game, I try to focus on the OL/DL as the snap first occurs to see how or why a play works. Then as the ball is handed off or throw, I quickly switch to watching the ball to see how the play ends. Then there are other times where I truly only focus on a position group or player to see how they are doing. If watching by my lonesome, I will often re-watch plays over and over again.

Members online

Latest posts