Aaron Rodgers Window/Longevity Expectations

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been brought up already...

And I'm going to go ahead and just say just consider Brady and Favre(2009) as aberrations as Peyton was pretty bad in his later days(pretty sure Sanders and Thomas helped)...

How much longer can Aaron Rodgers keep playing at a high level? Or what are ya'lls expectations???
Aaron's game relies on his mobility as well as his pocket awareness, arm strength, accuracy and smarts... but I don't see him getting more "agile" at 34-35 and older.

I know he does the new diets and "takes out dairy" and earlier in his career he took out those sandwiches to keep his game up, BUT...

Aaron isn't a very big guy to begin with, in a physical standpoint.

I've mentioned this in a post before as that may be his one knock as he's only like 6'2 220(maybe).
I'm about 6' 190, usually considered a "tall, muscular" guy in "normal people" standards but NOT big at all in NFL standards.

I just don't know how long he can keep it up with the supporting cast and playing in the cold.

I understand Brees isn't a big guy either but he doesn't take the shots ARod does

This OLine is just PATHETIC..
We have 2 premier Tackles who CAN'T stay healthy... I wonder if the contract has changed Bahktiari's mindset
Lindsley is pretty much the only consistent, solid OL we can count on year to year

This defense outside of Perry and Daniels is just PATHETIC... I mean Clay and HaHa make plays occasionally too and Blake has been a nice surprise at times but still

I mean... against the actual "good" teams, with ARod we need to realistically expect him to put up 27,28 points or more... against Dallas and Atlanta it's more like 35 points... AT LEAST

I mean how much longer can Aaron keep this up?
How much longer does the FO expect to get by with a trash defense that can't do anything

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have AR playing 4 more years, maybe 5.

But he's not a "big guy".. .he's MAYBE... BARELY 220lbs and only 6'2

If I saw him in real life I wouldn't even know he played in the NFL unless I knew he was Aaron Rodgers and followed him since we drafted him on draft day and saw his pro day

He doesn't strike me as a big guy who can continuously sustain a lot of hits behind a terrible Oline... not like Brady or Roethlisberger or Peyton

Brett Favre was obviously an exception and Drew Brees probably maybe too

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he's not a "big guy".. .he's MAYBE... BARELY 220lbs and only 6'2

If I saw him in real life I wouldn't even know he played in the NFL unless I knew he was Aaron Rodgers and followed him since we drafted him on draft day and saw his pro day

He doesn't strike me as a big guy who can continuously sustain a lot of hits behind a terrible Oline... not like Brady or Roethlisberger or Peyton

Brett Favre was obviously an exception and Drew Brees probably maybe too

Brady weights the same as Rodgers and Manning was only five pounds bigger.

Eli Manning is at stick at 6' 4" and 218 an is now 3rd all time in consecutive starts.

Yes, they are taller, but that also means Rodgers has more muscle mass.

I don't have any concerns about the longevity of Rodgers based on his size.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to agree with you but, with a line that can’t stay healthy and if he keeps getting hit the way he is it will be a lot shorter than 3-4 Years

yea this was the point in my thread... worse case I could see it being 2-3 years max

He's getting punished YEAR after YEAR

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I am willing to give Hundley the benefit of doubt but if he gets racked up like Arod has been and we lose him yes the sky will fall!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts