Aaron rodgers will win another mvp award

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With bulaga and Cobb resigned it appears our offense is going to essentially go unchanged the next two years, it's hard to imagine rodgers not putting up epic numbers if he continues to build trust with the younger guys as they improve.
Just throwing the prediction out there

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prediction... Davante Adams Breaks out, and GB has WR1a, WR1b, WR1c. And Rodgers has all day long to deliver the ball.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd imagine Rodgers is going to go ham next season because we all know that "Chip on his Shoulder" Rodgers is one of if not THE most dangerous of offensive players in the NFL. Giving him back his toy Cobb and keeping Bulaga together? Only better. Now if we could just draft or find a big, strong TE along side R. Rodgers, we'll really be cooking.

D

Deleted member 6794

I´m totally excited about the Packers returning all 11 starters on offense from last season when they were the highest scoring team in the NFL. If Thompson somehow manages to upgrade the defense at NT, ILB and CB the Packers should be considered the odds-on favourite to win the Super Bowl.

HaHa'sRightGlove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited at the potential of next season for Rodgers. Not only does he have Nelson and now Cobb back, but Devante Adams made huge strides at the end of last season, Richard Rodgers became a reliable third down TE with safe hands and with Eddie Lacy with two years behind him, I can see us putting up some good numbers again next season.

Super Bowl depends on what we do in the Draft and FA defensively I think.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm excited at the potential of next season for Rodgers. Not only does he have Nelson and now Cobb back, but Devante Adams made huge strides at the end of last season, Richard Rodgers became a reliable third down TE with safe hands and with Eddie Lacy with two years behind him, I can see us putting up some good numbers again next season.

Super Bowl depends on what we do in the Draft and FA defensively I think.

While Richard Rodgers improved over the course of the season TE is probably the only position on offense in need of an upgrade.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H
Prediction... Davante Adams Breaks out, and GB has WR1a, WR1b, WR1c. And Rodgers has all day long to deliver the ball.

I wonder how these three receivers will all be #1 quality with Lacy and Gordon getting all their carries.

Joe2887

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good thing about having Cobb back is that should open the run again for Lacy. I believe if he can stay healthy and avoid the concussions that messed up his running last year he should have one heck of a season. He got cold feet for about 4-5 games after his concussion. You could see he wasn't running as a power back and was afraid of receiving another one.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can see a breakthrough season for Richard Rodgers and Davante Adams, this may well be a perfect season :D

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP means great season for the Packers. I dont know how that is meaningless.

Read your signature good sir, at this level, that is the only thing that matters. By the way I agree with your op but I believe personal accolades in one of the ultimate team sports don't matter and the only thing that matters are team accolades and the only ones of those that matter are conference and super bowl championships with 95% of the emphasis on the latter.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read your signature good sir, at this level, that is the only thing that matters. By the way I agree with your op but I believe personal accolades in one of the ultimate team sports don't matter and the only thing that matters are team accolades and the only ones of those that matter are conference and super bowl championships with 95% of the emphasis on the latter.
Its always the ultimate goal, but it doesnt mean the team cant have success outside of that. I know some feel any season without a title is a failure, but for me that doesnt hold merit. Some of my favorite packer moments are from seasons that we didnt win a title.
the highest player honor going to a packer should be a source of team pride, not "meaningless". But hey youre entitled to be any kind of fan you want.

Bobinho

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure we have a great chance to go to SuperBowl, but for that we need to get a good CB in Draft.
After this, we need to make a good pre-season, I hope Jordy will be better than the end of the last season, and we have a lot of chances to have a good season !!

GO PACKS GO (from France) :)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true that you don't pass up value in the draft, but with our #1-#5 all under team control for the next 3+ years and Cobb and Nelson under contract for the next 4, I can't fathom us taking a WR in rounds 2 or 3, if even at all.

By taking a WR in the 2nd or 3rd you're also essentially cutting and giving up either Abbrederis or Janis already, unless they end up keeping 6 WRs which I think is pretty unlikely.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true that you don't pass up value in the draft, but with our #1-#5 all under team control for the next 3+ years and Cobb and Nelson under contract for the next 4, I can't fathom us taking a WR in rounds 2 or 3, if even at all.

By taking a WR in the 2nd or 3rd you're also essentially cutting and giving up either Abbrederis or Janis already, unless they end up keeping 6 WRs which I think is pretty unlikely.

Who are the #4 and #5 receivers?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I thought, from the reports that all were locked up, that somebody knew something other than to plug in two guys who've yet to play the game.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. I thought, from the reports that all were locked up, that somebody knew something other than to plug in two guys who've yet to play the game.

Both Abbrederis and Janis are under club control for another 3 years. It's not even remotely necessary to plug in a #4 and #5 WR with proven experience. Last year our #4 and #5 caught a total of 5 passes for 39 combined yards in the whole season.

As assembled our WR corps contains an excellent mix of proven talent and raw upside, and there's already other guys like White ready to challenge for a spot should Abby or Janus falter.

Members online

Latest posts