Aaron Rodgers is the TEAM! the whole SEASON!

• Thread starter Armand from JERSEY
  • Start date
A

Armand from JERSEY

This season, as Packer fans, we are VERY EXCITED, but we are all little worried about the secondary, the pass rush, & Special Teams. That being said, Rodgers being in that special "3rd year" is the only factor we can count on week in week out...to me this season Aaron Rodgers is the entire team, yes he has a good supporting cast in weapons, a better then most running game, and a decent OLINE...but it ENTIRELY RESTS on him for us to win games...I compare Rodgers to Peyton years ago, when Peyton had to put up 30+ points each game just to compete for a win each week...Rodgers is going to be asked to do almost the same thing this season...keeping the gas pedal floored when he's got the ball in his hands, putting pressure on teams right away and early, I do believe we have enough talent in our D to still be an above average defense...BUT!!! I'm still not convinced & skeptical about it...Aaron Rodgers can potentially have the greatest season of his career RIGHT NOW! We will need it and I expect it from him...that's just my objective opinion, but when Aaron Rodgers has the ball, I expect TOUCHDOWNS! no punting allowed this season!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Although I would like to agree, I believe it was two years ago a tragic thing happened to the Patriots; Brady was injured for the whole season. If Rodgers does get hurt I don't think our season is over, Flynn isn't doing too bad, while not the best, I believe he is near starter material. I would also like to see the Packers make smart 4th down moves, since our offense is so good, and our defense would still be tested. Even if Rodgers manage to get 30+ a game, it doesn't guarantee a win. His only post season game shows that.

David Pynnonen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers better not get hurt! i have him and finley on my fantasy team.

we do need to put up alot of points to win games, but i think the most important thing is long drives. Yah its cool to see play action pass for 50 yards and i wouldnt mind the points, but the more our defense is off the field, the better. I think we can all agree that we'd rather see our offense on the field. Our defensive stats last year are so good because of turnovers. Its almost a make or break defense. If we dont force a turnover, ur gonna score on us.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I would like to agree, I believe it was two years ago a tragic thing happened to the Patriots; Brady was injured for the whole season. If Rodgers does get hurt I don't think our season is over, Flynn isn't doing too bad, while not the best, I believe he is near starter material. I would also like to see the Packers make smart 4th down moves, since our offense is so good, and our defense would still be tested. Even if Rodgers manage to get 30+ a game, it doesn't guarantee a win. His only post season game shows that.

I think Flynn out there with our starters would do well. Maybe not as good Rodgers .......but he would be ok. Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1994, Sterling Sharpe got hurt. Everyone said the Packers will fold. Sharpe's injury propelled a then budding QB to stardom. Having their best weapon go down meant that EVERYONE had to step up and take up the slack... 2 years later, they won the superbowl.

I hope Aaron Rodgers starts everygame as Favre did and NEVER gets hit, but I think that getting hit is a way of life in football.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope not. So many teams have done nothing with a great QB surrounded by pure bullsh**.

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this first game is a perfect litmus test for both the o and the d. We have a struggling eagles offense in the preseason with young but talented players who will test us and an eagles defense that will do their best to get to Arod. Cant wait for that game!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers and the O is the reason why we shouldn't have to worry about punt/kick returns.

Members online

Latest posts