Aaron Rodgers is Losing this game

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. The guy throws for 11.1 yards per attempt with a QB rating of almost 130.0 and people are complaining? Let's be honest, he didn't play like best QB ever and cover for MM; Rodgers wasn't perfect, he missed some throws. If the standard that this team needs from the QB is perfection then prepare to always be disappointed cause perfect doesn't exist. Rodgers wasn't the best QB in the league tonight, he was only top-5. And somehow that's a problem.:rolleyes:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop with mm play calling... MM has to go, mainly cuz Rodgers is done working with him..
Why can't he follow his ck downs jfc

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Because he plays amazingly on 85+% of his throws but we pick and choose the rare mistakes. If you're expecting Rodgers to make zero mistakes during a game, then you're going to ALWAYS be disappointed.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was NOT good this game. critical errors at critical times. Won't get rid of the ******* football and hasn't trusted the field all year. Though that missed 1st down early to St. Brown was probably a clue as to why he's not been a timing thrower this year and has not been going to the middle of the field much.

Rodgers was freaking terrific. He just wasn't perfect.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because he plays amazingly on 85+% of his throws but we pick and choose the rare mistakes. If you're expecting Rodgers to make zero mistakes during a game, then you're going to ALWAYS be disappointed.
Sigh..

Progression.. 1, 2, ck down.. This pic was aj. . Wide open

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess a missed field goal is on Aaron also. Everything is failing on MM’s team. ST, Injuries as usual, offense is just lining up and trying to beat the guy accross from them when the DB already know the route they’re running, and MM blames it on spacing lol. Aaron had some bad plays but the packers should have won this Aaron is trying to do too much and you can see it out there. It kills me that MM never have any time outs at the end of the game lol.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has a 129 QB rating. Get real. The defense is bad and McCarthy horrible.
I don’t give a **** about a passer rating when you can’t win a damn game on the road. Means absolutely nothing. You know what means something, missing a wide open Jones on 3rd and 5 from the 20 yard line where we get sacked, and kick a bull crap field goal, as we’ve been inclinded to do all season long. Need to fire MM right now, and get a new creative system for Aaron, where he gets rid of the damn ball
"But...but...but the defense is playing so much better with Petine!"
I wouldn't give a damn if this was the number one defense in the league right now with this pathetic excuse for a record.
If they can't keep the scores low enough for this lousy O to keep the lead then what good are they?
A good team on either side or both sides of the ball with losses are not bragging rights.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"But...but...but the defense is playing so much better with Petine!"
I wouldn't give a damn if this was the number one defense in the league right now with this pathetic excuse for a record.
If they can't keep the scores low enough for this lousy O to keep the lead then what good are they?
A good team on either side or both sides of the ball with losses are not bragging rights.
lol... why are you so fixated on the defense?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because I am finding them overrated or IMO not as good as posters around here are claiming.

Defense isnt as good as their ranking...but they did enough for the offense to win the game and they didn’t. Again, the offense is the problem in Green Bay. The playcalling is terrible no matter how many points the defense gives up. Pathetic

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Because I am finding them overrated or IMO not as good as posters around here are claiming.

The Defence played well enough to win again.

When you only score 3 pts in 2nd half and convert only 3 third downs thats on the offense.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to learn to play the short game. "small ball" so to speak. He is always looking for the big play. He refused to make short passes that would probably move the chains last night, instead looking for chunk yardage plays and then just throwing the ball away.

I don't know if he wants to pad his stats or what, but this is not good. He needs to be more of a team player. In every sense of the word. Every year now I am getting more of a sense that he is not much of a team player.

To me, the Pack is at their best when Rodgers is forced to make split second decisions. Quick throws, scrambles etc. I want to see more quick throws. Screens. Etc.

AND USE AARON F*****G JONES.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to learn to play the short game. "small ball" so to speak. He is always looking for the big play. He refused to make short passes that would probably move the chains last night, instead looking for chunk yardage plays and then just throwing the ball away.

I don't know if he wants to pad his stats or what, but this is not good. He needs to be more of a team player. In every sense of the word. Every year now I am getting more of a sense that he is not much of a team player.

To me, the Pack is at their best when Rodgers is forced to make split second decisions. Quick throws, scrambles etc. I want to see more quick throws. Screens. Etc.

AND USE AARON F*****G JONES.
Coaching. Coaching. Coaching. See a pattern there?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was awful in the second half. Missed throws. Missed reads. Holding on to the ball way too long.
Actually, I think his play was brilliant. How else do you manage to maintain a high passer rating AND ensure the game is lost? The longer the season goes on the more I'm convinced Rodgers is playing to get a new coach. I think he knows the same things we all do, obviously, that if we make the playoffs and win a playoff game MM will retain his job. There is no doubt Rodgers wants to win more SB rings. I think he realizes for that to happen MM has to go, and he's playing the long game right now. I think the timing of some of his worst throws and decisions bears that out. He didn't suddenly get stupid.

Reaction score
Actually, I think his play was brilliant. How else do you manage to maintain a high passer rating AND ensure the game is lost? The longer the season goes on the more I'm convinced Rodgers is playing to get a new coach. I think he knows the same things we all do, obviously, that if we make the playoffs and win a playoff game MM will retain his job. There is no doubt Rodgers wants to win more SB rings. I think he realizes for that to happen MM has to go, and he's playing the long game right now. I think the timing of some of his worst throws and decisions bears that out. He didn't suddenly get stupid.

Do you think it is that passive aggressive? Why wouldn't Rodgers play to win like normal, and then tell front office he wants MM gone no matter the outcome? I'm genuinely trying to think this through lol

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think it is that passive aggressive? Why wouldn't Rodgers play to win like normal, and then tell front office he wants MM gone no matter the outcome? I'm genuinely trying to think this through lol

Murphy has said in the past that players will not dictate front office decisions. Maybe Rodgers has already tried. What better way then to get rid of MM than to make sure we don't sneak into the playoffs and do just enough to keep him around? He knows we're not winning a SB this year. Heck, it may not even be something he's consciously doing. It may be simply a "What the hell, I'm going to wing it." kind of thing because he knows the worst thing that can happen is they get a new coach.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant understand why people cant watch a Packer game and admit a formerly once great player has slipped. His play from 7 years ago to now is significantly different. I hate to put him on the dud list, but he held the team back yesterday.

MMs play calling is equally as bad. Spread the WRs wide and then slight delay handoff to AJ. Let him create in space. I think he would have gone over 200 Yds with 5 more Carries like that. Everytime, to my uncertain memory, Aaron would be passing away and suddenly they bring in the WRs close in to block (?) You know it's a run.

Anyway, Rodgers could have played much better in the 2nd half. Not sure what it is, but it's not good. Are his WRs in the wrong spot most plays? Doubtful. He isnt seeing the field well. He isnt 'throwing open' the WRs anymore. He needs to get on the same page as MM and the WRs.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sigh..

Progression.. 1, 2, ck down.. This pic was aj. . Wide open

You are correct. There were a couple of plays where he made the wrong read. However, there were FAR MORE plays where he was simply amazing. Yet, for some weird reason, some people only focus on the few plays.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant understand why people cant watch a Packer game and admit a formerly once great player has slipped. His play from 7 years ago to now is significantly different. I hate to put him on the dud list, but he held the team back yesterday.

MMs play calling is equally as bad. Spread the WRs wide and then slight delay handoff to AJ. Let him create in space. I think he would have gone over 200 Yds with 5 more Carries like that. Everytime, to my uncertain memory, Aaron would be passing away and suddenly they bring in the WRs close in to block (?) You know it's a run.

Anyway, Rodgers could have played much better in the 2nd half. Not sure what it is, but it's not good. Are his WRs in the wrong spot most plays? Doubtful. He isnt seeing the field well. He isnt 'throwing open' the WRs anymore. He needs to get on the same page as MM and the WRs.

21/30 for 330 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. Yes, his play is not what it once was, but dropping from the best QB in history to top-3 in the NFL doesn't mean he's suddenly a mediocre player.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct. There were a couple of plays where he made the wrong read. However, there were FAR MORE plays where he was simply amazing. Yet, for some weird reason, some people only focus on the few plays.
Because it's mind boggling why he did it.. Just like Brett . Amazes us one min and the next.. Wtf are you doing. Rodgers has issues and if you can't see its hurting the team, no point in me replying.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. The guy throws for 11.1 yards per attempt

This, to me, is part of the problem, and shows he's opting to try to make a more difficult pass as opposed to making the easy one. He'd have had about 5 more attempts and catches if he were looking for shorter yardage targets.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I gather from some of these comment, the packers need to trade for Alex Smith IMMEDIATELY so that they can get a winning QB who checks down.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I gather from some of these comment, the packers need to trade for Alex Smith IMMEDIATELY so that they can get a winning QB who checks down.

The greatest quarterback of all time in New England sure knows when to dump it off and when to throw it deep. Ours has forgotten how to do that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest quarterback of all time in New England sure knows when to dump it off and when to throw it deep. Ours has forgotten how to do that.

Have you seen how creative that offense is? They customize the offense to the opponent. Let's not compare the New England offense to the Packers offense since it's obvious that one team takes advantage of and features their best players while the other has to be brow-beaten into giving Aaron Jones then ball.

And Brady is better at exactly ONE thing compared to Aaron Rodgers; luck at having the best coach of all time. Brady is very good, but he's far from the best of all time. Unless RINGZZZZZZZZZ is the sole argument.

Edit: I realized I got a little boisterous on this one...Brady is most certainly NOT "far from the best of all time", he's a great QB who belongs in the discussion for second best ever.

Last edited: