Aaron Rodgers #1 on Jaws QB list

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit when there is another QB who is better. But right now he is the best in the league.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume that Brees was #2? Both guys are phenomenal with only minor flaws and are pretty even overall

I absolutely agree with this. The one big difference between the two, is that Brees is far more hesitant in his footwork, where Rodgers' is nearly textbook perfect in that department. We almost never see Rodgers shuffle his feet and dance around in his pocket stance, or pat the ball a bunch of times, when checking down and reading his reads across the field. Brees does that a lot. Other than that, I'd say their arm strength, accuracy, and other great intangibles are all equal.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees is guilty of forcing the ball too much, and he always has more interceptions.....

I used to always have Manning above Brady, but the playoff work of Manning over his career has got me thinking big picture, it's Brady #2. But I can live with either guy being #2, behind Rodgers.

#4 should be Brees, but Jaws has Flacco ahead of Brees shockingly.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees is guilty of forcing the ball too much, and he always has more interceptions.....

I used to always have Manning above Brady, but the playoff work of Manning over his career has got me thinking big picture, it's Brady #2. But I can live with either guy being #2, behind Rodgers.

#4 should be Brees, but Jaws has Flacco ahead of Brees shockingly.

Well ... I was never that high on Flacco myself, but the fact is, he did beat a very, very good SF team in the Super Bowl and that included engineering several impressive drives, etc. He'll never have that taken away from him. He might not be top 5 in the NFL, but he's definitely worthy of being in the top 10, at this point, I'd say.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see that Jaws ranked Manning #2 behind Rodgers. Flacco is not Top5. I just won't accept it yet. Not when you have Rodgers, Brady, PManning, Brees, and Matt Ryan/EManning

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Rodgers
Brady
P. Manning
Brees
Ryan
E. Manning
Flaco
Rothlisberger
Shaub
Romo

That is my order for top 10. No RGIII, R. wilson due to the fact that we don't know if the 2nd year slump will get either guy. They have to prove some consistancy in my book, one year is not enough.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning is a bit Favre-esque in the playoffs with a 9 and 11 record and 21 interceptions thrown. Even in his Super Bowl year he threw only 3 TDs against 7 ints in the 4 games. The Colts beat KC and Baltimore in those playoffs with Manning throwing 1 TD and 5 interceptions. How did they win?
A lot of these rankings fit more in fantasy football than in real football, where the truly great ones win Championships. Hence, Bart Starr will always be no. 1 in my mind.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Who is better after five years, Favre or Rodgers?

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130719/PKR0101/130719046/Who-better-Brett-Favre-Aaron-Rodgers-

Favre vs. Rodgers: first 5 years as starters

Favre....................... Rodgers

1,667 completions 1,717

2,688 attempts 2,606

62.0 completion percentage 65.9

18,724 passing yards 21,332

147 touchdowns 170

77 interceptions 45

89.1 passer rating 105.6

51-27 regular-season record 52-26

7-3 playoff record 5-3

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning is a bit Favre-esque in the playoffs with a 9 and 11 record and 21 interceptions thrown.

I agree that Peyton's been rather pedestrian in the postseason, but it's a bit misleading to cite his playoff record without acknowledging the number of first round byes he's led teams to.

Why is Matt Ryan in everyone's top five?

MidnightToker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tbone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had a much better running game and defense to work with in his early years. The 96' team had the #1 defense in the league and Bennett/Levens combo was great. DuJuan Harris and James Starks? 2010 had a good defense but they've been terrible since. Rodgers' has put up 96 points in his 3 playoff losses....defense has given up 133 points in those losses! Think about that, 41 points a game, pathetic. I agree that winning trumps most things, but when Rodgers performs the way he does in the playoffs he deserves to win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts