Aaron looked rusty, BUT...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only played what...3 or 4 series in the preseason?

I didn't see the entire game, nor the interception, but he missed Davante on what SHOULD HAVE been an interception on the deep corner in the 2nd quarter(I believe). It was an underthrown deep corner route that nearly got intercepted. He missed a few other throws and open guys, when he was flushed to his left out of the pocket... BUT...

His final statline still wasn't even all that "bad". I think he played a little worse than his numbers suggest but... boy... this really shows how good our receiving (including tight ends) are doesn't it? I just had to say that. It's almost as if he accidentally threw for 300+ yards

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
After punting on the team's first possession of the 2nd half in yesterday's game, Rodgers and the offense went TD, TD, FG, and kneel down to end the game. I'm not at all worried about Aaron and the offense getting on track much sooner than later.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After punting on the team's first possession of the 2nd half in yesterday's game, Rodgers and the offense went TD, TD, FG, and kneel down to end the game. I'm not at all worried about Aaron and the offense getting on track much sooner than later.

me neither but... man. It just shows you how deep the receiving weapons are this year was the point of this thread

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That defense is simply absurd. They are easily top three at every level. They can stuff the run, rush the passer, run, cover, and hit with anyone. I would say that is the biggest reason for the slow start of the Packers by a long shot.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That defense is simply absurd. They are easily top three at every level. They can stuff the run, rush the passer, run, cover, and hit with anyone. I would say that is the biggest reason for the slow start of the Packers by a long shot.
Not to mention it was the 1st game of the season and Carroll had multiple weeks to prepare?

I'm pleased.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

not taking away from the Seahawks D as having Michael Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, and Cliff Avril on your Dline should be considered illegal

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
not taking away from the Seahawks D as having Michael Bennett, Sheldon Richardson, and Cliff Avril on your Dline should be considered illegal

I have to hand it to those guys... to have your offense punting the ball away to Rodgers & Co all day and only giving up 17 on the road... It doesn't get much better than that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I have to hand it to those guys... to have your offense punting the ball away to Rodgers & Co all day and only giving up 17 on the road... It doesn't get much better than that.
To your point, the Seahawks lost time of possession by approximately 40-20. They fought like hell.

Joe C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I didn't see the entire game, nor the interception, but he missed Davante on what SHOULD HAVE been an interception on the deep corner in the 2nd quarter(I believe). It was an underthrown deep corner route that nearly got intercepted. He missed a few other throws and open guys, when he was flushed to his left out of the pocket... BUT...

His final statline still wasn't even all that "bad". I think he played a little worse than his numbers suggest but... boy... this really shows how good our receiving (including tight ends) are doesn't it? I just had to say that. It's almost as if he accidentally threw for 300+ yards

My take is that Aaron shouldn't expect to be sharp playing the equivalent of 1-2 quarters the entire preseason. I expect him to show marked improvement in the Atlanta game.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That pass to Adams you're referencing, Adams was tackled by the DB before the ball got there.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That 1st possession, was that the one Linsley rolled the ball to Aaron's feet on 3rd down?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more worried about the receivers than I am with a-rod. g-mo coming back should give us a better long-ball routes than what was seen in the seahawks game. cobb did great as usual.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That pass to Adams you're referencing, Adams was tackled by the DB before the ball got there.
That was a smart play within the rules, but was clearly pass interference. They allow contact if you have your head around playing the ball. He had no clue where the ball was, none. He launched himself into Adams and swung his head around as an after thought, hoping he wouldn't draw a flag. And he was right, they didn't.

Reaction score
I also remember that play. By rule it looked like a no call. It's then in the discretion of the Referee.. and the referee was extremely discrete about the assault :cool:

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was pass interference too, but it wasn't one of his best throws honestly....

It may have been a "no call" (although I thought it was PI too obviously) because the ball wasn't catchable

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it was rust. the play calling played into sea's strength. looking for the long ball stifled the O for almost half the game. once they got back to the short quick passes the O moved the chains, scored on a long ball, and ate up the clock.

D

Deleted member 6794

My take is that Aaron shouldn't expect to be sharp playing the equivalent of 1-2 quarters the entire preseason. I expect him to show marked improvement in the Atlanta game.

I don't think Rodgers playing more snaps in the preseason against vanilla defenses would have resulted in him having a better performance against the best defense in football in week 1.

more worried about the receivers than I am with a-rod. g-mo coming back should give us a better long-ball routes than what was seen in the seahawks game. cobb did great as usual.

Allison should be considered more of a possession receiver than a deep threat though. In addition I'm not convinced he will receive a ton of playing time with the offense featuring Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Bennett, Kendricks and Montgomery.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Rodgers playing more snaps in the preseason against vanilla defenses would have resulted in him having a better performance against the best defense in football in week 1.

Allison should be considered more of a possession receiver than a deep threat though. In addition I'm not convinced he will receive a ton of playing time with the offense featuring Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Bennett, Kendricks and Montgomery.

You are correct!

Allison is more of a possession type.

I've heard the comparison to Jarrett Boykin and I can see it but I think he could be more like a DD type. He's more athletic than people give him credit for and we witnessed some of that last season

But it's not like he's going to be a HUGE "Randy Moss(in his prime)" difference maker type

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that at times things were a little rough, but I love that Aaron can be rusty and still throw over 300 yards and a TD against one of the NFL's top defenses. As we move on, I hope/expect Rodgers to be in the MVP discussion.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah hopefully Aaron can go for:

6,000+ passing yards
60+ passing touchdowns this year
5 or less interceptions

right?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yeah hopefully Aaron can go for:

6,000+ passing yards
60+ passing touchdowns this year
5 or less interceptions

right?
I'm sure you're being facetious, but that would mean his 16 game averages would be 375 yards and 3.75 TD's.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you're being facetious, but that would mean his 16 game averages would be 375 yards and 3.75 TD's.
when put forth in those terms I think we're all underestimating. That's Stafford/Eli Manning type numbers. I'm going 425 game average and 4.62TD's per game for Rodgers and that's on a bad ankle.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see a lot of passes to Bennett. Montgomery coming out of the backfield.

Members online

Latest posts