Aaron looked rusty, BUT...

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He couldn't have been. According to the announcers, the refs were on the Packers payroll for that game. They would certainly have called it if that were the case. :sneaky:
Just when I sold myself on Joe and Troy not hating the Pack...
"Pete Carrol can't wait to talk to the league office about the refs..."
"This game should be much different had the Packers not been gifted those calls..."
I am paraphrasing but that's essentially what the narrative was most of the game. I have noticed how the older I get, the less I care about what those blowhards say. Joe could be up in the booth stabbing AR12 voodoo dolls with needles while TroyBoy sacrifices a goat at the altar of Pete C and it will have zero impact on the outcome. Yes, it does get old hearing them gab but I don't have to worry about that all that much. I have a wife and an always-on-10's 5YO so watching the game is challenging enough let alone trying to listen to what those hens are saying. TV remotes have a MUTE button for a reason...I will leave it at that.

G P G!!

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it was rust. the play calling played into sea's strength. looking for the long ball stifled the O for almost half the game. once they got back to the short quick passes the O moved the chains, scored on a long ball, and ate up the clock.

I only remember one screen and that seemed to be successful. We ran more of those last year than i remember from the past. This should be an opportunity to slow down the rush.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only played what...3 or 4 series in the preseason?

I didn't see the entire game, nor the interception, but he missed Davante on what SHOULD HAVE been an interception on the deep corner in the 2nd quarter(I believe). It was an underthrown deep corner route that nearly got intercepted. He missed a few other throws and open guys, when he was flushed to his left out of the pocket... BUT...

His final statline still wasn't even all that "bad". I think he played a little worse than his numbers suggest but... boy... this really shows how good our receiving (including tight ends) are doesn't it? I just had to say that. It's almost as if he accidentally threw for 300+ yards

What that play SHOULD have been was a blatant pass interference. I don't remember who was defending on that play but he wasn't looking for the ball. He saw that it was probably underthrown due to Adams' attempt to come back to the ball so he launched himself into him and spun in the air after the fact hoping the ball would there.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why stop there?

Why not?

8,000+ passing yards
80+ passing touchdowns

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only remember one screen and that seemed to be successful. We ran more of those last year than i remember from the past. This should be an opportunity to slow down the rush.
right. but they ran some slants, short outs, pick plays, etc too. that's when EVERYTHING loosened up. the middle third of the game was Rodgers looking down field, holding the ball, throwing it away, or getting sacked.

H

HardRightEdge

On the subject of officiating , the announcers made quite a big deal over Lane's ejection being a bad call. The referee announced it as a "punch". Well, that was not the case. However, what the commentators did not observe was Lane repeatedly shoving a forearm into Adams throat while he was flat on his back. We also don't know what Lane was saying while he was doing it. Lane was also mixing it up with Cobb earlier; Cobb was reacting to something in getting the unsportsmanlike call.

The ejection was a questionable call superficially; it being an unsportsmanlike penalty was not. Once the unsportsmanlike call is made the official has discretion based on info booth commentators do not have. For all we know, Lane was threatening to take guys heads off up to that point and enough was enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts