Aaron has A LOT to PROVE now...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If and When Trubisky becomes a competent QB and they have to pay him a real QB salary, do you think he’ll be surrounded by the same talent?
We don't need the same talent the Bears have, because we have Rodgers. But obviously we need better than what we have, and there's no reason we couldn't have it.
Ted missed on too many draft picks.

H

HardRightEdge

Nothing against Russell Wilson, but if he did have the top passer rating, doesn't it seem a lot of odd that he would have the best every? Russell Wilson?
I mean he's good, but best ever type good? He has been staying at the #2 spot behind Rodgers for awhile now.

By the way, Cowherd said something I liked today:
He said Aaron Rodgers had to watch Mitchell Trubisky throw up 110 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, a passer rating of 33.3 and WIN. Because he's surrounded by a good roster. Compare that to what Rodgers has to do every week. Think he could put up numbers like that and win?
Perhaps Russell Wilson is underrated because, well, you know. Cowhers likes to stir the pot, any pot. He's a fool.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't need the same talent the Bears have, because we have Rodgers. But obviously we need better than what we have, and there's no reason we couldn't have it.
Ted missed on too many draft picks.
You know I'm curious about this whole talent thing.

Where exactly are the Bears more talented than us at exactly?

WR = Packers
QB = Packers
OL = Draw
TE = Packers

DE = Bears
Secondary = Packers (I think we're a better unit than Chicago in that regard)
LBs = Bears.

Overall I say our team is just as talented as Chicago's.

Reaction score

WR = Packers
QB = Packers
OL = Draw
TE = Packers

DE = Bears
LBs = Bears.

I don’t think we have the swagger that Chicago has right now though. However, If we can hit on a a draft or two (having possibly 3 picks inside the top overall 50 helps)
AND get aggressive in FA and stick with solid veteran signings at a couple of positions, such as Safety and DE? This team could turn the corner and get really good beyond what a lot of fans in here expect.

As far as this Aaron Rodgers stat that starts this thread? First of all 1 game with roughly 5 yards per attempt is maybe a little off. But that stat is One of those selective stats that’s relative. Even on the one stat we’re griping about here.. Rodgers ranks 18th in the league (which the average mean is 16th in a stat we’re going to call him out on? Is that really the best we can do to minimize him?!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is the best QB in NFL history. This year he has "only" been the 5th-8th best QB in the NFL. What exactly does he need to "prove"?

I like Rodgers better but to say he's the best may be a stretch when he's won only one Superbowl. He's certainly the best statistical QB that has ever played in the NFL. But even that can be misleading. For examole Rodgers has thrown only one int on the year which seems like a great thing. However he's thrown the ball away a record number of times and taken more than his fair share of sacks. Had he maybe tried to in his mind force a pass into a tight spot on say a third of those throw aways and sacks maybe the team would have another win or two. Sure Rodgers would have more than one int but he's also likely to have several more tds. Where Brett favre took too many risks because he didn't care about his stats Rodgers doesn't take enough risks because he does care about his.

Eduardo Valadares

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is in his way to throw his 400th touchdown pass before he throws his 100th pick. What can we say? Give this guy a defense and don't stay in his way leading the offense.
I honestly believe our defense have improved tremendously since last year, and firing McCarthy was a huge step to make us SB contenders. If we don't make it to the post season this year, we are going to next year and most likely to win.
We need a couple good picks at the draft, though. And maybe a strategic move on free agency/trade market. A guy like J.J. Watt or Aaron Donald could be just what we need. I would easily give up a first round pick for a player like that.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's one thing that I prefer AJones to get more carries because he's better. I also am not a fan of Jamal Williams shaking his *** in the end zone after he scores.

Yeah, I don't like it when the Packers score a touchdown either :rolleyes:

WR = Packers
QB = Packers
OL = Draw
TE = Packers

DE = Bears
LBs = Bears.

The Bears defense is significantly better than the Packers unit making them a more overall talented team.

D

Deleted member 6794

A guy like J.J. Watt or Aaron Donald could be just what we need. I would easily give up a first round pick for a player like that.

Unfortunately those players are extremely hard to come by and as long as Gruden is managing a team aren't available via trade either.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like it when the Packers score a touchdown either :rolleyes:

The Bears defense is significantly better than the Packers unit making them a more overall talented team.
The Bears are PLAYING better than The Packers defensively, and it's primarily due to them being able to bring pressure with their defensive front. Hence why I said they are better in that department. Secondary I say we're easily better. So again I still say we're just as talented as them, it's just they are winning.

I don’t think we have the swagger that Chicago has right now though. However, If we can hit on a a draft or two (having possibly 3 picks inside the top overall 50 helps)
AND get aggressive in FA and stick with solid veteran signings at a couple of positions, such as Safety and DE? This team could turn the corner and get really good beyond what a lot of fans in here expect.

As far as this Aaron Rodgers stat that starts this thread? First of all 1 game with roughly 5 yards per attempt is maybe a little off. But that stat is One of those selective stats that’s relative. Even on the one stat we’re griping about here.. Rodgers ranks 18th in the league (which the average mean is 16th in a stat we’re going to call him out on? Is that really the best we can do to minimize him?!
The addition of Mack REALLY did a serious booster in their confidence. I was PISSED to find out he ended up in Chicago, because in my eyes if we managed to steal him from Oakland, we're winning within these next 2-3 years book it! But from my understanding Oakland decided to trade with Chicago b/c they felt they would have the better draft pick. They definitely play with confidence, but they aren't world beaters, I mean we defeated them in week 1 with an injured Rodgers. We can certainly do it again. It'll be difficult, but not impossible.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowhers likes to stir the pot, any pot. He's a fool.
Sounds like you're being triggered by the name Cowherd. I don't care if Adolph ****** said it, I thought he had a good point:
Can you imagine the Packers winning with Rodgers putting up the numbers Trubisky did Sunday?

Reaction score
I like Rodgers better but to say he's the best may be a stretch when he's won only one Superbowl.
Brady is the best right now IMO, although Brady is 6 years ahead of Aaron so there’s still some catching up to do. An interesting note though is that Brady has had the luxury of multiple top 12 Defenses ( take a few minutes and go back and look at the Defensive ratings for each of their SB or appearance) Their is a massive disparity in NE D rankings and GB D rankings (I did the math a year or so ago and NE Defenses ranked an average of 7th best per SB)
The argument I’m making is If we’re judging “best QB” strictly by Championships alone I would argue that the NE Defense was largely a factor in much of their success and if you were to invert those Defenses in each year of Aaron’s career and then give Aaron the equal number of seasons as a starting QB you might be surprised
I would take it a step further and propose that if each year Aaron started he had a Defense ranked exactly the same as Brady had and vice versa? Brady would have at minimum 1-2 less Superbowls and Aaron would have 1-2 more.
In 2011, 2014 seasons I predicted that the latter season that if our D ranking was top 1/3..we would win it all instead we lost in OT against Seattle. We moved Clay inside and dropped our ranking last second to 13th best D overall..exactly a penny short! A 7th ranked D would’ve eliminated both Seattle and NE that year because neither were dominant IMO. Put a 7th ranked D with that 2011 GB squad? GB would’ve absolutely steamrolled in the playoffs.

Also the 2016 seasons come to mind immediately as one where a top 10 Defense would’ve paid dividends and likely pushed us past the NFC game at minimum.

Don’t get me wrong, Brady is top dog and as solid as they come, but let’s at least judge a player righteously. The full story is that Brady has also been the recipient of stellar Defenses and a top tier coaching staff and without both those rings would diminish rapidly
Pure individual talent to pure talent?? These 2 are very close in quality

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only thing i think rodgers has to prove is that he's open to being coached.

as for him throwing short last week, it's a good thing. we've been clamoring for him to do that. quick and short sets up the long ball. on third down last week he didn't do himself, or the d, any favors by holding the ball and taking sacks. he passed up open guys. he's got to get it in his head to take advantage of the easy play when it's all they need at the moment.

Reaction score
Just ask Jim McMahon. He could’ve won 2-3 more SBs if that Bears D stayed intact. That Bears D completely dominated teams and Brett Hundley could’ve won that SB.
Ok ok! Maybe I’m going too far!! :roflmao:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-K, But isn't the game of football a team sport?
Of course, but obviously the quarterback counts for something. Otherwise, what is the point of having a Hall of Fame quarterback?
Why are we paying Rodgers so much money?
We need more talent than we have, clearly. But having Rodgers instead of Trubisky should allow us to succeed with a slightly less good supporting cast.
If not, we might as well trade him now.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Bears are PLAYING better than The Packers defensively, and it's primarily due to them being able to bring pressure with their defensive front. Hence why I said they are better in that department. Secondary I say we're easily better. So again I still say we're just as talented as them, it's just they are winning.

The Packers have an improved cornerback corps this season but their secondary is definitely not easily better than the Bears unit.

Well, they have had the benefit of playing a last place schedule, that might be good for something.

The Bears only play against two opponents the Packers don't face this season because of their last place schedule.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears only play against two opponents the Packers don't face this season because of their last place schedule.
Two is two.
They also had some advantages playing the Rams at home for instance, whereas we played them on the road. Damn, we still haven't won a road game, have we?

D

Deleted member 6794

Two is two.
They also had some advantages playing the Rams at home for instance, whereas we played them on the road. Damn, we still haven't won a road game, have we?

The two teams the Bears faced the Packers didn't play against (Giants, Buccaneers) have the same combined record as the ones Green Bay had to go up against which weren't on Chicago's schedule (Redskins, Falcons).

You're right that they were lucky facing most of their tough opponents at home but that happens from time to time.

Don't worry about the Packers still not having won on the road this season, it's coming on Sunday.

Members online

Latest posts