Aaron has A LOT to PROVE now...

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here

Aaron has A LOT to prove now that MM is gone..

He REALLY HAS to pick his play up, he averaged 4.7 yards per attempt today

4.7 yards PER ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dearly hope that was MM's doing, b/c this is terrible.

If he can't fix this soon and win another SB, I'm not convinced he will have a better legacy than Brett to be honest.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had a time machine it would be getting worn out by now from me going back to see the Lombardi Packers at the end of these recent PO losing seasons.
"I wanna see greatness yet again."

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People give Brett crap for the Rams 6int game, but Rodgers didn't have a "good game" at all in the 2014 NFC Championship game vs the Seahawks..

He has a lot to prove....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard that he is really good at paint by numbers and those adult coloring books.
We have yet to see the evidence.
Still waiting.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
People give Brett crap for the Rams 6int game, but Rodgers didn't have a "good game" at all in the 2014 NFC Championship game vs the Seahawks..

You really have this need to use Brett in every post.

I will move every post to the Brett forum and it will get lost there.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true that Rodgers routinely changed the plays McCarthy called, beyond the usual audible role of the quarterback:
Doesn't that indicate that maybe a lot of the criticism McCarthy has taken for his play calling should actually fall on Rodgers instead?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really have this need to use Brett in every post.

I will move every post to the Brett forum and it will get lost there.
or perhaps you should just let people like what they like. If I had the power that you have and chose to bury everything I don’t like in here... there wouldn’t be much left to read in this forum.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
or perhaps you should just let people like what they like. If I had the power that you have and chose to bury everything I don’t like in here... there wouldn’t be much left to read in this forum.

This was about Andy v p..thread. There were 10 post comparing Brett to Aaron. And their stats. I moved those to the Brett forum.

That's what this was about..me pouting out he can't stop talking about Brett

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was about Andy v p... There were 10 post comparing Brett to Aaron. And their stats. I moved those to the Brett forum.

That's what this was about..
The national media is currently comparing Brett to Aaron too. It is actually a relevant topic right now. I know you got worn out by Brett Favre, but a Packer Forum where the mention of Brett Favre is taboo is counterproductive.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest here

Aaron has A LOT to prove now that MM is gone..

He REALLY HAS to pick his play up, he averaged 4.7 yards per attempt today

4.7 yards PER ATTEMPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dearly hope that was MM's doing, b/c this is terrible.

If he can't fix this soon and win another SB, I'm not convinced he will have a better legacy than Brett to be honest.

Rodgers is the best QB in NFL history. This year he has "only" been the 5th-8th best QB in the NFL. What exactly does he need to "prove"?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true that Rodgers routinely changed the plays McCarthy called, beyond the usual audible role of the quarterback:
Doesn't that indicate that maybe a lot of the criticism McCarthy has taken for his play calling should actually fall on Rodgers instead?

Since most established QBs have that kind of control, it would imply to me that either MM didn't communicate well with Rodgers on what audibles to use, or it implies that the audibles built in don't work. The alternative is that Rodgers went from being amazing to stupid in one season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since most established QBs have that kind of control, it would imply to me that either MM didn't communicate well with Rodgers on what audibles to use, or it implies that the audibles built in don't work. The alternative is that Rodgers went from being amazing to stupid in one season.
You have to open your thoughts more..

Plenty articles stating Rodgers was not following the play calls..

Wr have openly said a play would be called and they hear it in the huddle. Aaron thrn would tell one wr not to run it that way.

That's why the play clock would always get to zero.. Aaron wasting time.. And b4 you say it. He can change it... But It is wasting time when it isn't working.

We know you cant admit Rodgers is at fault.. But he is.. The sacks and the throw aways stop drives.. Sure not an int, but result is same.. Offense no longer has the ball.

If the next coach gets this fixed, you will see the Rodgers we all want back

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers is the best QB in NFL history. This year he has "only" been the 5th-8th best QB in the NFL. What exactly does he need to "prove"?
Actually 11th in rating and tds.

He's completing just 68.2 percent of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, which is below the league average of 73.2 percent and the worst mark of his career.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You do realize that Rodgers was playing on a bum leg and he got The Packers back in overtime right? Plus factor in the dropped passes including one in the endzone. Did he play great to his standards, no he did not, but that was against one of the most notorious defenses in the league that year.

Rodgers is not having the best season right now. But to say he has a lot to prove? How arrogant of some of you guys.

If you're referring to him maintaining in being regarded as the best quarterback in the game, fine. But him being responsible for The Packers' struggles. Please stop. Just because he has one mediocre season, doesn't negate his overall body of work.

Some of you guys need to stop taking what Cowherd says to heart.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't listen to Cowherd, ever, and I hate that people even bring his schtick in here. But Rodgers has not played well this year, regardless of the stats. Again yesterday, yes there were drops and there were 5 others that a receiver couldn't catch in stride and go with like so many other QB's can throw. We're not asking for superman like is implied. The QB is every bit to blame as the head coach this season. It seems he really wanted the coach gone, so IMO, he does have a lot to prove.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to open your thoughts more..

Plenty articles stating Rodgers was not following the play calls..

Wr have openly said a play would be called and they hear it in the huddle. Aaron thrn would tell one wr not to run it that way.

That's why the play clock would always get to zero.. Aaron wasting time.. And b4 you say it. He can change it... But It is wasting time when it isn't working.

We know you cant admit Rodgers is at fault.. But he is.. The sacks and the throw aways stop drives.. Sure not an int, but result is same.. Offense no longer has the ball.

If the next coach gets this fixed, you will see the Rodgers we all want back

Just curious, but how do you know I can't imagine Rodgers is at fault? I've said numerous times that he's not playing up to his usual standards. He's missing open guys. I just find it crazy that he's somehow a problem for some fans that needs to "prove" something when he's still one of the best QBs in the NFL operating in a bad offense with receivers who have lost more yards to dropped passes than any other team in the NFL.

I also know the Internet is the place to make massive generalizations and leaps from small comments, but please, don't just blithely assume I see Rodgers as some kind of saint.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually 11th in rating and tds.

He's completing just 68.2 percent of his passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage, which is below the league average of 73.2 percent and the worst mark of his career.

See my prior post. He's missing throws. He's also had more drops than any other QB in the NFL (when measured by lost yards at least).

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that Rodgers was playing on a bum leg and he got The Packers back in overtime right? Plus factor in the dropped passes including one in the endzone. Did he play great to his standards, no he did not, but that was against one of the most notorious defenses in the league that year.

Rodgers is not having the best season right now. But to say he has a lot to prove? How arrogant of some of you guys.

If you're referring to him maintaining in being regarded as the best quarterback in the game, fine. But him being responsible for The Packers' struggles. Please stop. Just because he has one mediocre season, doesn't negate his overall body of work.

Some of you guys need to stop taking what Cowherd says to heart.
not many outside of WI consider Rodgers the best in the game. And of course he has a lot to prove. All we have heard from a vocal crowd.. is that all of the Packers’ problems are McCarthy’s fault and that Aaron is GOAT. Well McCarthy is gone.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See my prior post. He's missing throws. He's also had more drops than any other QB in the NFL (when measured by lost yards at least).

So if its drops and missed throws then I guess I've been misinformed that scheme was a issue

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, but how do you know I can't imagine Rodgers is at fault? I've said numerous times that he's not playing up to his usual standards. He's missing open guys. I just find it crazy that he's somehow a problem for some fans that needs to "prove" something when he's still one of the best QBs in the NFL operating in a bad offense with receivers who have lost more yards to dropped passes than any other team in the NFL.

I also know the Internet is the place to make massive generalizations and leaps from small comments, but please, don't just blithely assume I see Rodgers as some kind of saint.
I think you’d better go back and read some your posts.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get the OL fixed and a quick slot guy Marquise Brown style....and Rodgers and the O will be just fine. he needs to be protected!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not many outside of WI consider Rodgers the best in the game. And of course he has a lot to prove. All we have heard from a vocal crowd.. is that all of the Packers’ problems are McCarthy’s fault and that Aaron is GOAT. Well McCarthy is gone.
1. I never said Aaron was the GOAT, that title belongs to Brady for the time being.
2. How strange prior to this year outside of NE fans and NO fans many deemed Rodgers as the best QB overall in the NFL from the skillset position.
3. Again if you're referring to his game as to where he has a lot to prove then fine I agree. But again I'm not gonna sit here and disregard his overall body of work as to how we've gotten ourselves in this situation. Especially when Rodgers has bailed us out time and time again. This season did he play subpar than what we're used to seeing him? He has to play better. But tell me what if he performs and we still lose? Are we seriously going to blame him and say he has a lot to prove? And that it's his fault? C'mon now.
4. I expect him to do better especially next season

Members online

Latest posts