A Very Interesting Question.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is every chance they would be. I was very impressed by his pre-season play. I also think he ought to be in there "mopping up" should the score ever dictate it. Pittsburgh does that a lot with Charlie Batch. It's just prudent - why get Farve hurt on a meaningless play.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell we would be 5-1 with Rodgers at the helm.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know.......Rodgers has yet to be tested under REAL pressure. We have only seen him in games that don't count.
I myself don't think we would be 5-1. I think it would be worse, because of Rodgers inexpierience.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had a killer running game... maybe.

But we don't. All of our wins have either come via the defense or Brett's right arm or both. Brett's been playing out of his mind so far (except for Sunday...)

Reaction score
No.

Rodgers still doesn't have a ton of live game experience, and on TDs this season (specifically #421 by Brett) we've seen how important a factor experience can be in recognizing coverages and knowing how to exploit them.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to say yes. But I am going to say no. Just because of the fact that in our first four wins we were counting so heavily on the passing attack. Not that he couldnt do it in the future, but that probably would have been a lot for him to handle his first four games out of the shoot.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing to remember about preseason, the defense looked a lot better in preseason too. Cant judge how he would perform by only his preseason. Hell no Favre even at age 78 would be the best QB in the league. Dont rush the great ones out the door.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing to remember about preseason, the defense looked a lot better in preseason too. Cant judge how he would perform by only his preseason. Hell no Favre even at age 78 would be the best QB in the league. Dont rush the great ones out the door.
Thats true. Preseason you have a mixture of players, many that won't even make the final roster. You would EXPECT a somewhat decent QB to be able to look good. Rodgers MIGHT trun out to be a good QB. But like anything, he's really still just a big question mark. Favre is a PROVEN leader. He has done it for 17 years. Until Favre decides on his own to retire, or shows that he is in fact done talent wise, i saw ride the gunslinger to the playoffs!
I said this also way before this season even began. When Favre shows that he has lost "it", THEN bring in Rodgers.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we would. If Aaron plays within his ability, and I think he does, (read that as doesn't throw the ball to Urlacher on the 8 yard line) then yes. Our D has kept us in games this year and won two for us.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know.

Maybe Rodgers is the next Steve Young in waiting. Maybe he is the next Tim Couch. If I had to make a wild guess I would say 3-3 or 2-4.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say we'd probably be 3-3 and 4-2... with Rodgers experiencing some growing pains. Also, the team would be showing strong signs that they could win the division.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 - 4 with A Rod maybe. We've had alot of close games and we lose them all with A-Rod in there. Give A-Rod a year of experience and it would get better.

But no matter what A-Rod and his team will have a year or 2 of growing pains. Just how it goes for first year starters not named Brady

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Favre was lighting it up the first 4 games. I dont believe there is any way Rodgers could hit those slants in stride like brett. There are no other starters in the league that can hit that pattern like he was, why would I believe the GB backup could do it?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Favre was lighting it up the first 4 games. I dont believe there is any way Rodgers could hit those slants in stride like brett. There are no other starters in the league that can hit that pattern like he was, why would I believe the GB backup could do it?

Favre lit it up vs Philly? I don't think so. Favre really didn't start "lighting it up" until the second half of the Giants game.

I think we could be 3-3 or 4-2.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see,

The debate is whether a unproven QB would have had the experience to "lead" the youngest team in the NFL to a 5-1 record. This would be the same offense that has "No" running game and a "still developing O-line" that he would have to play behind. mmmmmmmmmmmm let me think on that for a minute.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Look, I hope when Brett decides to hang them up that Aaron will be a great QB as well, but I sure as hell am not going to compare the experience of a guy who has won 153 or so games with a guy that hasn't played one yet, and for those that think experience wasn't needed in at least three of those wins; then I just don't know what to tell you !!

Post Note - My first and only bite on this topic !!!

Reaction score
On more than a few occasions, Favre has bought himself some extra time and gotten a meaningful completion. I highly doubt whether Rodgers could actually pump fake and get the defender off his feet like Brett has on a few instances this season. Or the way Brett has exploited going deep into the play clock to gain an advantage.

Also the Philly game, could Rodgers really have made the two outstanding plays on one drive that Brett did? I'm talking about the shuffle pass to Wynn as Favre was being spun around, and then another completion as Favre was falling. That set up a crucial field goal.

How anyone could say we'd have the same record with Aaron is beyond me. Aaron is a big unknown, and in his short time in meaningful game action he pissed the o-line off.

There is a difference between doing well against the 2nd string Defence, and exploiting the first string Defense through understanding and experience. With Aaron short on those, I can't see how people think he'd be able to come in and carry this O the way Brett has to a 5-1 record.

Members online

Latest posts