A realization.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team- and it's talent- are not as good as we have repeatedly been led to believe.
This great group has repeatedly fallen on it's *** year after year after setting the tone with a bunch of talk about Super Bowls. You've had over a years worth of sub par, below .500 play with no answers or improvement.
But you keep telling yourself how any second, any minute, any day now it's all gonna turn it around, and anyone who believes the results of this teams on field performances over some mystical 'there's a bunch of reasons ' why this team will turn it around is just spouting BS.
Nobody is "leading" me to believe it. I can see they have the guys to do it. There are all sorts of reasons, excuses, shortcomings, etc as to why they aren't playing as well as their individual talent could take them as a team.

Our QB is not sub par, he might play like it at times, but he's anything but. Jordy is not sub par, even post surgery. Neither is Cobb, Adams or Montgomery. Our oline is filled with guys that are certainly not sub-par. Our defense has talented guys. The overall picture may be subpar at times, but their potential is much higher. We've seen it, we see it every week. The problem is consistency. A team with no talent or subpar doesn't smother teams repeatedly for 2 downs. Our defense's problem is giving up the big play, and when you have that much inexperience and lower depth guys playing tha tmuch it happens back there. But they make a lot of good plays too. They get consistent and look out. maybe they won't. But they aren't subpar

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You haven't spent a whole lot of time around a whole lot of sports fans, have you? :) (Unless you're talking about what you think should/shouldn't happen).

Certainly is true the nobody on the Pack cares.knows that we exist. When did you make that discovery?

I'm saying how smart people should react. I was dumb sports fan once too. It's a waste of intelligence getting involved emotionally with 5v entertainment and bad for health

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm saying how smart people should react. I was dumb sports fan once too. It's a waste of intelligence getting involved emotionally with 5v entertainment and bad for health

Whoa !! you were a dumb sports fan once ?? So just to clarify, how do we all stop being dumb sports fans ? Is there a course we can go on ?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what upsets so many of us long-term fans is the lack of urgency and emotion coming from the Packers. I also find myself getting angry during games not so much by the prevailing score but by the mental and physical weakness. Seems like as soon as the Packers take a lead they just crap themselves and you can see their body language relax. Was their any doubt that the defense would fail to stop the Colts in the lAst 4 minutes of the game or wilt in the Atlanta game? This is a team that has only won 1 out of 10 overtime games under MM. Let that sink in! I had no doubt watching the Packers in the 2014 championship game that they would find a way to lose it. In fact I called my friends at the half and told them to prepare for a collapse. it's the gutlessNess that is the most upsetting. If the Packers played hard and actually played physical I would enjoy the games more. To be fair it's not just them. The rule changes have killed the game and it's basically turned into flag football. I think many of older fans are just upset at watching a great game get ruined and now we are witnesting a junky product.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are nowwhere the Titans. We have been average for half a season after being very good for a long time and people highly exaggerate the situation like you just did.

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa !! you were a dumb sports fan once ?? So just to clarify, how do we all stop being dumb sports fans ? Is there a course we can go on ?

Pretty sure o already explained twice.
It's tv entertainment. There's nothing you can do about the outcome. Just watch it like any other tv show.
I already said before the season started that pack would have a sub part year.None of this surprises me. Both teams will won this Sunday though

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Pretty sure o already explained twice.
It's tv entertainment. There's nothing you can do about the outcome. Just watch it like any other tv show.
I already said before the season started that pack would have a sub part year.None of this surprises me. Both teams will won this Sunday though

It came across a bit condescending if I`m honest. Sure I understand your point that we as fans have no control over the outcome of a game or the workings of the organization, but everybody is different. I`m not going to kill myself if we don`t make the playoffs, in fact given some of the performances so far, I don`t think we deserve to, but I will feel cheated somewhat. Just saying.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will never understand this attitude. It's basically implying that fans should be happy with past wins and then be ok with m'eh because, "hey! we haven't been the Browns for the last twenty years so it's perfectly ok to be the Titans for the next ten years!".

Exactly. This is the Green Bay Packers. Not the Browns, Titans, Bucs of the world who would consider just making the playoffs a success. Things are different here. It's SB or bust.

Sky King

Reaction score
Exactly. This is the Green Bay Packers. Not the Browns, Titans, Bucs of the world who would consider just making the playoffs a success. Things are different here. It's SB or bust.
Here's something to ponder: Both teams could consider making the playoffs this season a success. The Packers W-L record is 9-11 over their last 20 games (including playoffs). Over their past 20 regular season games the the Bucs are 8-12. They are what their records say they are.

That fact may cause me to order an extra-large coffee this morning. Irish. Anyone care to join me? :coffee:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is "leading" me to believe it. I can see they have the guys to do it. There are all sorts of reasons, excuses, shortcomings, etc as to why they aren't playing as well as their individual talent could take them as a team.

Our QB is not sub par, he might play like it at times, but he's anything but. Jordy is not sub par, even post surgery. Neither is Cobb, Adams or Montgomery. Our oline is filled with guys that are certainly not sub-par. Our defense has talented guys. The overall picture may be subpar at times, but their potential is much higher. We've seen it, we see it every week. The problem is consistency. A team with no talent or subpar doesn't smother teams repeatedly for 2 downs. Our defense's problem is giving up the big play, and when you have that much inexperience and lower depth guys playing tha tmuch it happens back there. But they make a lot of good plays too. They get consistent and look out. maybe they won't. But they aren't subpar

The key word in there, my friend, is excuses. They are what they are, which is how they have played- a second tier team in disarray.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We are nowwhere the Titans. We have been average for half a season after being very good for a long time and people highly exaggerate the situation like you just did.

We've been just below average now for the past 21 games, including playoffs with a record of 9-12. Take away one amazing Hail Mary and the record drops to 8-13.

Two tough road games up next and, unless the Packers can pull out a win or two, we will be 9-14 and a season record of 4-7.

Are we nowhere near the Titans? After watching the game today, I must agree with you. They are way better!

Carl, I disagree with your statement. People are not highly exaggerating. You are just extremely optimistic.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've been just below average now for the past 21 games, including playoffs with a record of 9-12. Take away one amazing Hail Mary and the record drops to 8-13.

Two tough road games up next and, unless the Packers can pull out a win or two, we will be 9-14 and a season record of 4-7.

Are we nowhere near the Titans? After watching the game today, I must agree with you. They are way better!

Carl, I disagree with your statement. People are not highly exaggerating. You are just extremely optimistic.

My response was regarding "being the Titans for the next ten years."

We have not come close to the Titans' long term ineptitude. It's been about a year.

That year has also been better than what the Titans have been. 9-14 would be a good run for them.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest beef is how this team is simply not fun to watch anymore. Like, if we were losing close games I wouldn't be as mad, but every week it's truly painful to watch this team, even if we sneak away with a win.

Where's the Packer team I love :cry:

Members online

Latest posts