A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, many people got sick and died. Some continue to-- from Covid or from other diseases or even from fallout from covid measures.

But all you have to do is look at how broken people's brains are to realize that, despite the actual danger of the virus, its risk was dramatically overhyped through the media.

We have always had to live with a measure of risk calculation. The ability to perform such rational calculation is completely gone for many people. They want to radically alter their own lives (fine) and the lives of others (not fine) until there is no risk from this virus-- which will literally never happen.
This is the same line of WRONG thinking that had people scoffing 20 months ago, that this was “just another flu”. That was also 800,000 deaths ago. Anyone dumb enough to buy this line of BS is really beyond reasoning with. “Overhyped”…. So…. How much should the deaths of 800,000+ (And counting) be hyped? “Overhyped”….. that’s actually hilarious

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same line of WRONG thinking that had people scoffing 20 months ago, that this was “just another flu”. That was also 800,000 deaths ago. Anyone dumb enough to buy this line of BS is really beyond reasoning with. “Overhyped”…. So…. How much should the deaths of 800,000+ (And counting) be hyped? “Overhyped”….. that’s actually hilarious
It doesn't do any good arguing with them. When people deny science, deny facts, and believe that some guy down at the bar knows more than the experts, it's a lost cause. Fortunately, or unfortunately really, the ones dying now are pretty much the anti-vaxxers, and they have been given a life line.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Actually, neither of you have tried to argue with me on the basis of evidence at any point. You’re just scoffers.

Bulverism is a rhetorical fallacy of circular reasoning, where you assume your opponent’s wrongness prior to discussion and then use that presumption as the basis for all your arguments.

That’s you guys. Bulverists.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, neither of you have tried to argue with me on the basis of evidence at any point. You’re just scoffers.

Bulverism is a rhetorical fallacy of circular reasoning, where you assume your opponent’s wrongness prior to discussion and then use that presumption as the basis for all your arguments.

That’s you guys. Bulverists.
I'm not arguing to be honest. I believe in science. I believe that the vaccines work, because I have lived with their usage for over 80 years. I don't believe for one instant that any of the BS that surrounds not getting vaxxed has any merit, because it's not supported by any reputable group. I also see the number of deaths around the world, and have seen the reduction in cases and deaths when masks are used. I also see that the vast majority of people dying now from Covid are those who are not vaccinated, not those who are vaccinated.

These are cold hard facts, and they don't leave any room for arguing. Anything that's said to deny these facts is pure BS. So, I don't bother arguing with people who don't feel any responsibility for the well being of their fellow man.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not arguing to be honest. I believe in science. I believe that the vaccines work, because I have lived with their usage for over 80 years. I don't believe for one instant that any of the BS that surrounds not getting vaxxed has any merit, because it's not supported by any reputable group. I also see the number of deaths around the world, and have seen the reduction in cases and deaths when masks are used. I also see that the vast majority of people dying now from Covid are those who are not vaccinated, not those who are vaccinated.

These are cold hard facts, and they don't leave any room for arguing. Anything that's said to deny these facts is pure BS. So, I don't bother arguing with people who don't feel any responsibility for the well being of their fellow man.

What are you even talking about?

I haven’t been running down the vaccines or even masks.

I’ve been talking about enforcing protocols that aren’t supported by data, making rational risk assessments, and not being in favor of government compulsion.

So no, you’re correct. You’re not arguing. You apparently don’t even realize what’s being argued.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, many people got sick and died. Some continue to-- from Covid or from other diseases or even from fallout from covid measures.

But all you have to do is look at how broken people's brains are to realize that, despite the actual danger of the virus, its risk was dramatically overhyped through the media.

We have always had to live with a measure of risk calculation. The ability to perform such rational calculation is completely gone for many people. They want to radically alter their own lives (fine) and the lives of others (not fine) until there is no risk from this virus-- which will literally never happen.
Prett healthy lady..50 or so.

Her and husband both get covid

Both anti vax.. Both think its fake.

Family member is a Milwaukee Bucks Dr

Both get covod...husband still does daily stuff...engourged wife to do daily stuff.

She refused..4 weeks afte positive she is dead...Lungs filled of fluid covid stuff..

Still over hyped?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And to the "man" who reported this thread for only covid talk.

Ignore this thread.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Prett healthy lady..50 or so.

Her and husband both get covid

Both anti vax.. Both think its fake.

Family member is a Milwaukee Bucks Dr

Both get covod...husband still does daily stuff...engourged wife to do daily stuff.

She refused..4 weeks afte positive she is dead...Lungs filled of fluid covid stuff..

Still over hyped?

Yes.

When double vaxxed, boosted, people without risk factors feel the need to double mask and isolate, it’s overhyped.

When we are shutting down schools despite kids not being at any meaningful risk from covid, it’s overhyped.

When we are instituting travel bans and mask mandates over omicron, which is already here, isn’t stopped by masks, and isn’t dangerous, it’s overhyped.

That’s a sad story. Covid is real and it has killed a lot of people. And yet it’s an endemic virus that we have to learn to live with intelligently. Shutting everything down all the time is neither helpful nor sustainable.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
800,000 + dead nother 1,000 or so
Yes.

When double vaxxed, boosted, people without risk factors feel the need to double mask and isolate, it’s overhyped.

When we are shutting down schools despite kids not being at any meaningful risk from covid, it’s overhyped.

When we are instituting travel bans and mask mandates over omicron, which is already here, isn’t stopped by masks, and isn’t dangerous, it’s overhyped.

That’s a sad story. Covid is real and it has killed a lot of people. And yet it’s an endemic virus that we have to learn to live with intelligently. Shutting everything down all the time is neither helpful nor sustainable.
… and nobody suggests shutting rverything down all the time.

Get vacvinated, take intelligent common sense measures such as wearing a mask in crowded venues indoors, isolate if your know you are sick. 800,000 people are dead. I feel that warrants government intervention if 40% of people don’t give a crap about anyone except themselves or are brainwashed to think this isn’t real. How many would be dead if we had just followed the “Jesus take the wheel” or “every man for himself” strategy to an even larger extent than we did?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
800,000 + dead nother 1,000 or so

… and nobody suggests shutting rverything down all the time.

Get vacvinated, take intelligent common sense measures such as wearing a mask in crowded venues indoors, isolate if your know you are sick. 800,000 people are dead. I feel that warrants government intervention if 40% of people don’t give a crap about anyone except themselves or are brainwashed to think this isn’t real. How many would be dead if we had just followed the “Jesus take the wheel” or “every man for himself” strategy to an even larger extent than we did?

The problem is that you describe everyone who isn't on exactly the same page as you in this way.

Case in point, I've not run down vaccines once in any of these conversations. And yet I've routinely been described like I'm some sort of anti-vaxxer.

The issue is that covid hysteria has become a religion for lots of people. And so they can't have conversations with people who are denying orthodoxy.

The good news is that you're just the loud minority and the majority is over it.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Dillon has recovered nicely from his bout with Covid. If he somehow miraculously beats the odds and gets it again, we can start a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts