Reaction score
7 and 0 with out Adams

Thats a trend.
Luck, bad opponents or fluke.

Main point...They are 7 and 0 wo Adams...MLF and TEAM is the reason

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is true this hurdle being accomplished has a ton of reasons from excellent playcalling by MLF, our QB being excellent in those games, our run game being big and the diverse WR group answering their bells when rang.

No way to say it one piece solely but give credit to all. Impressive.

This is why I’ve said if it is one of the two (Rodgers or Adam’s) you work out to be here another year or two I truly believe Aaron is the one you do it with. I just am unsure either stays without the other…if they’re playing apart it will be elsewhere

You gotta keep em both...which means an extension for both, theres no other way with the cap situation in 2022.

This team has a super bowl window of 3 more years after this one in my opinion. Rodgers may play at a high level even longer im just saying adams and jones and some of the guys on defense amos, clark, Z.Smith if he comes back the same and also signs an extension

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And how good would they be with a QB who has a well-established propensity to throw at one guy whenever he possibly can? They have the luxury of QBs who actually spread the ball around.

And what makes you think Aiyuk is so great? He hasn't done squat this year. Cobb and Lazard both have more catches than him and if you extrapolate MVS's numbers beyond the 3 games he has played he most likely would have more catches too. The guy has 9 catches AS A STARTER.

In his defense Aiyuk isnt playing with anything close to Aaron Rodgers. Though he played well last season with a jag at qb so idk whats up with him but i expected him to be a player coming out of asu

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And how good would they be with a QB who has a well-established propensity to throw at one guy whenever he possibly can? They have the luxury of QBs who actually spread the ball around.

And what makes you think Aiyuk is so great? He hasn't done squat this year. Cobb and Lazard both have more catches than him and if you extrapolate MVS's numbers beyond the 3 games he has played he most likely would have more catches too. The guy has 9 catches AS A STARTER.

You're arguing awfully hard in favor of drafting backups rather than starters. I find it difficult to believe that backups are more valuable than starters (unless it's a backup corner vs starting ILB).

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 and 0 with out Adams

Thats a trend.
Luck, bad opponents or fluke.

Main point...They are 7 and 0 wo Adams...MLF and TEAM is the reason

True, though some parts of the team are certainly pulling more weight. Not saying this to be disagreeable, but acknowledging positional importance is a big part of team building.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree, and yet countless people here insist that the Packers MUST use a high draft pick to acquire that mythical #2 WR for about the last 4 years.

The Packers haven't won a Super Bowl with MLF being the head coach, partly because they lack a decent #2 receiver.
Talking about who they actually could have taken at the pick they had is far less skewed than inventing some trade up scenario with zero idea whether it would have been possible. Shoot, Gutekunst literally said they tried to move up in round 2 and couldn’t get a deal done.

This is obvious, but I doubt any of it matters. You’re not looking for analysis, you’re looking for an excuse to complain and confirm your priors.

The Packers could have selected a pass catcher in the first round instead of a backup quarterback as well.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Should they trade Adams now while they could get something for him. Obviously based on that stat they will then win out. Are any of those 7 wins in the playoffs?

This was more about the job MLF nad redt of the team has done

But awesome way to try to stir the pot

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The common denominator here is AR12 - the 7-0 mark without Tae is both MLF and 12, combined with a defensive gameplan that limits the opponent and uses clock management to slow down the opposing offense.

Reaction score
Ever wonder if Rodgers went into the Packer front offices and said:
See, "I told you guys you should have never let Randall Cobb go.".......LOL

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how Davante thrives IF(BIG IF) he leaves Green Bay. Will he be at the level he is now? Will he "fall off"?

D

Deleted member 6794

What kind of numbers did DA17 put up during the half year Rodgers was out? I recall he didn't tank while Jordy sort of just disappeared.

Adams had 41 receptions for 489 yards and four touchdowns in seven games Rodgers wasn't able to play in 2017.

Nelson on the other side had 25 catches for 164 yards and no scores in eight games without #12 that year.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how Davante thrives IF(BIG IF) he leaves Green Bay. Will he be at the level he is now? Will he "fall off"?
Adams is an amazing talent. He is so quick. Great feet. Great hands. But I think his rapport with Rodgers is so good that there will have to be a drop off in stats. (and that drop off will have nothing to do with his abilities). jmo

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Adams is an amazing talent. He is so quick. Great feet. Great hands. But I think his rapport with Rodgers is so good that there will have to be a drop off in stats. (and that drop off will have nothing to do with his abilities). jmo
Tend to agree but it would all depend on the team and QB he would be joining imo.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his defense Aiyuk isnt playing with anything close to Aaron Rodgers. Though he played well last season with a jag at qb so idk whats up with him but i expected him to be a player coming out of asu
And what makes you think Rodgers would throw to him any more than any of the other young receivers he has?

Members online

Latest posts