53 man roster for 2022

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree that Dillon is a better back than Jones. There's certainly nothing wrong with Jones, but IMO Dillon can do anything that Jones can, with a lower risk of injury. What he might lack in speed and cutting ability, he makes up for with sheer force.
I would disagree. I think as of now, Jones is the better RB, but not at the price they will have to pay him on his current contract. Dillon is "the better deal".

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would disagree. I think as of now, Jones is the better RB, but not at the price they will have to pay him on his current contract. Dillon is "the better deal".
It's hard to say who is the better back. I look at value to the team, and that involves a lot of things and one of them is staying healthy. I like Dillon so this is a little ironic because he missed the 2nd half of the playoff game against the Niners because of a nasty hit to his ribs. Overall though I see him as the more valuable player.

And RBs have a notoriously short average career in the NFL. It's not hard to understand considering the punishment they take. So in terms of time in the league and physical makeup, I like Dillon over Jones, but not by much.

It will be important for the Packers to quickly develop a #3 back, assuming this is Jones' last season in GB. I think it's Goodson. Others prefer Taylor. It will be interesting to see which one makes the 53.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to say who is the better back. I look at value to the team, and that involves a lot of things and one of them is staying healthy. I like Dillon so this is a little ironic because he missed the 2nd half of the playoff game against the Niners because of a nasty hit to his ribs. Overall though I see him as the more valuable player.

And RBs have a notoriously short average career in the NFL. It's not hard to understand considering the punishment they take. So in terms of time in the league and physical makeup, I like Dillon over Jones, but not by much.

It will be important for the Packers to quickly develop a #3 back, assuming this is Jones' last season in GB. I think it's Goodson. Others prefer Taylor. It will be interesting to see which one makes the 53.

Goodson was waived about an hour or so ago already joe.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just saw that. Are you as surprised as I am?
Every team passed on him in the draft, I doubt he did enough in preseason to warrant a team picking him up and putting him on their 53. He will be on the Packer practice squad tomorrow afternoon.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team passed on him in the draft, I doubt he did enough in preseason to warrant a team picking him up and putting him on their 53. He will be on the Packer practice squad tomorrow afternoon.
Yeah I hope that's how it shakes out. Maybe with more time, another camp and pre-season he can move up. It's also likely he'll play at some point this year, or at least suit up, considering the position.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do get know is better Is the right view on this. Defenitly much different.
Dillon alloves you to ware down defences early and or take advantage of tired Ds late. While Jones gives you that burst, vision, cutback ability and can outside the tackles better.

Having to of them allowed you to let the D# get used to the rithom of big slow power back then swhich and braje big runs with a fast agile Jones.

I think 2 or even 3 back offense if you can afford thd roster spot is the way to go for the foreseeable future in the NFL that's for sure.

And having a guy the size of DJ Raji or K-Clarke pound the ball on 3rd/4trh and short aint bad idea either.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dillon alloves you to ware down defences early and or take advantage of tired Ds late. While Jones gives you that burst, vision, cutback ability and can outside the tackles better.

Having to of them allowed you to let the D# get used to the rithom of big slow power back then swhich and braje big runs with a fast agile Jones.

I think 2 or even 3 back offense if you can afford thd roster spot is the way to go for the foreseeable future in the NFL that's for sure.

And having a guy the size of DJ Raji or K-Clarke pound the ball on 3rd/4trh and short aint bad idea either.
With all due respect, you need to bring in your second string typist. ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I stopped trying to be honest, I sense auto correct or just hurried is all, I bet he comes back and cleans that up.
I'm used to seeing that in the shoutbox, when the alcohol is flowing. Could be he was driving his car...at night, under water?

Reaction score
You guys are funny.

I agree with Heflin, he has probably gotten into that 5th DT area. I think he’ll clear waivers and will be on PS.
Same with Goodson

I think we’re just going to cross our fingers, but we need to remember there’s a big pool of available players on the street with 32 teams forced to cut dozens of players each. That’s 800+ players pushed into the market with some that have to pass waivers and some not.

As an example. The Cowboys currently have Dak Prescott at QB, that’s it. 1 QB. By around this time tomorrow they’ll have 2-3

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You guys are funny.

I agree with Heflin, he has probably gotten into that 5th DT area. I think he’ll clear waivers and will be on PS.
Same with Goodson

I think we’re just going to cross our fingers, but we need to remember there’s a big pool of available players on the street with 32 teams forced to cut roughly players each. That’s 800+ players pushed into the market with some that have to pass waivers and some not.

As an example. The Cowboys currently have Dak Prescott at QB, that’s it. 1 QB. By around this time tomorrow they’ll have 2-3
Yup. It's like Hippie Christmas for NFL teams and fans. They can rummage through all the waiver lists and see if they can try to improve their 53 man with someone else's trash. Packers might try signing a 4 year vet or 2, since they don't have to clear waivers, but I expect most of theirs and other teams PS signings tomorrow, will be composed of many of the guys that they cut today.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect we might see GB do something similar to QB in Dallas with our RBs and is what we have seen with DL possibly only doing 5 instead of 6. It becomes even less likely guys cut/waived after this week get grabbed by others....so you see teams keep guys to IR designate or hold a week before shuffling.

There are some serious safety prospects I'd love to see if GB could pull in cheap...no OLB has taken my eye the same way but we aren't done yet.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your post reminds me of the pic 6 Raji had in the NFCCG against the Bears in 2011, the SB year. A 300 lb plus guy plucking a ball out of the air and rumbling into the end zone. And it was the margin of victory.

I agree that Dillon is especially effective in Q4 when hopefully the Packers are playing a tired defense. And then for a change of pace they can throw jones in there to force a lot of missed tackles.

Other than STs, which seems to require some prayers, I see a good year for the Packers.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect we might see GB do something similar to QB in Dallas with our RBs and is what we have seen with DL possibly only doing 5 instead of 6. It becomes even less likely guys cut/waived after this week get grabbed by others....so you see teams keep guys to IR designate or hold a week before shuffling.

There are some serious safety prospects I'd love to see if GB could pull in cheap...no OLB has taken my eye the same way but we aren't done yet.
Yeah I expect OL will be a first round need next year. But that's a long way off. The season is here. I'm not that concerned about the OL. The quicker Jenkins can play, the better. We'll know Bakhtiari is back when he plays a complete game, or at this point, even a half without swelling in his knee.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah I expect OL will be a first round need next year. But that's a long way off.
What makes you think that? I actually think the OL is in great shape, with both starters and depth of young guys. I can't see wanting to spend a first round pick on the OL next year, but a long way off.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I expect OL will be a first round need next year. But that's a long way off. The season is here. I'm not that concerned about the OL. The quicker Jenkins can play, the better. We'll know Bakhtiari is back when he plays a complete game, or at this point, even a half without swelling in his knee.

OL will not be a first round need...we will still have Myers, Tom, Newman, Runyan and Walker on rookie deals...Jenkins, Nijman and Hanson are the only 2023 free agents.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are funny.

Same with Goodson

I think we’re just going to cross our fingers, but we need to remember there’s a big pool of available players on the street with 32 teams forced to cut dozens of players each. That’s 800+ players pushed into the market with some that have to pass waivers and some not.

Looks like you were right and Taylor will be the third back, or Williams. I am surprised they cut Goodson, but chances are good he ends up on the PS. If none of these guys pan out, watch Gluten get a back in the 2nd or 3rd rounds next year.

It's tempting to think that all of a sudden, with cut downs, a bunch of players are available to pick from. That's true as far as numers, as you note, but most teams want to bring their guys back and stash on the PS.

But yeah, the Cowboys will have at least one more QB tomorrow. Terrible management on their part though not to have a solid #2 for the final roster. They better hope Dak stays healthy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes you think that? I actually think the OL is in great shape, with both starters and depth of young guys. I can't see wanting to spend a first round pick on the OL next year, but a long way off.

Honestly Bakh may be done, Jenkins becomes the long term high paid guy along the line. Tom or Nijman is the RT for future and you have Runyan/Myers/Newman in the middle worst case. That is a solid starting 5 without Rhyan and Walker even in there and probably a Day 2 pick in the mix too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly Bakh may be done, Jenkins becomes the long term high paid guy along the line. Tom or Nijman is the RT for future and you have Runyan/Myers/Newman in the middle worst case. That is a solid starting 5 without Rhyan and Walker even in there and probably a Day 2 pick in the mix too.
Agreed on Bahk. If they can swing it, I would prefer keeping Jenkins over #69, if they could only afford 1.

The Packers seem to have just as much success as drafting quality OL guys in mid to later rounds. I prefer sticking with that formula and saving Round 1-3 picks for areas of immediate need.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed on Bahk. If they can swing it, I would prefer keeping Jenkins over #69, if they could only afford 1.

The Packers seem to have just as much success as drafting quality OL guys in mid to later rounds. I prefer sticking with that formula and saving Round 1-3 picks for areas of immediate need.

In a dream world Yosh wants to stay and signs a solid but friendly deal...you give me Jenkins/Yosh/Tom I'll 100% not blink without Bakh

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts