4th Quarter O Choked...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Helluva job by J'aire with 2 C-L-U-T-C-H interceptions...but the O produced NOTHING

....that's why we lost the game...stop with all the calls and finger pointing...the O just went "flat" after those picks

Yup. Kevin King playing like he didn't have arms in the first half had nothing to do with it. Nope. It was ALL the offense. I think that because I have the attention span and memory retention of a goldfish and I only recall the last 10 minutes of anything I experience.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far... Rodgers is still the best QB we got by a long shot.

He is but it'll be exciting to see what Love can do with this roster next year. So many fans supported throwing away a Super Bowl berth this year because of how amazing Love, Dillon, and Deguara are going to be. Based on those fans' firm beliefs I can't wait to see Rodgers move on! Get that MVP bum outta here!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe we have a few candidates on this forum who should be up for a name change, QueenofHyperbole seems like a good fit for some.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread I highly doubt Rodgers would have been able to score on that play.
you can "highly doubt" all you want but i think he likely would have got a TD...and they'd have been a lot closer than the stinking 8 had he not scored. it was the only chance they had and those two plays/decisions decided it despite the 1,037 mistakes they made earlier in the game. he actually had two chances to run in that 4 play sequence. games like this have lots of woulda, coulda, shoulda's.
two three and outs from the 11-minutes-left-in-the-game point was ridiculous. six passes and two punts. spread formations. no runs. just run your offense. get first downs. score.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

He might not have scored but the ball would def be on the 3 yard line at the least, making going for it on 4th down easier

It's anyone's guess if MLF would have gone for it on fourth down with the ball closer to the end zone.

However, as a whole the defense did a pretty good job against a tough opponent. They faced a lot of short fields.

True, on average the Bucs had a better field position by 14 yards per drive.

you can "highly doubt" all you want but i think he likely would have got a TD...and they'd have been a lot closer than the stinking 8 had he not scored.

This was the situation at the point Rodgers threw the ball on the ball. There are four defenders who could have stopped him before reaching the end zone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a student of the game, but, as a layman, just question which four? Maybe that guy coming in from his left, but those behind him are fatties, and those in/at the EZ would either be blocked by the receivers or open for a throw if the defenders give chase. Just wondering what I'm not seeing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a student of the game, but, as a layman, just question which four? Maybe that guy coming in from his left, but those behind him are fatties, and those in/at the EZ would either be blocked by the receivers or open for a throw if the defenders give chase. Just wondering what I'm not seeing.
who knows. in a couple yards he's going to be past the LOS so there are 3 defenders that can leave their man and likely meet him before the goal line. Or he has to flatten it out toward the sideline to keep his throwing option open. Most targets will work towards him bringing more defenders to the area. anybody 8 yards deep in the endzone has to cover about the same ground he does to get to the goal line. Who's faster? and some of those fatties are probably as fast as rodgers who's not running full speed, but looking to pass and they are.

anyway, looking at that still, Adams has position and is at the goalline wasn't the worst decision in the world to throw that.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Ma
It's anyone's guess if MLF would have gone for it on fourth down with the ball closer to the end zone.

True, on average the Bucs had a better field position by 14 yards per drive.

This was the situation at the point Rodgers threw the ball on the ball. There are four defenders who could have stopped him before reaching the end zone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Thanks for pointing this out.

First, I think people should drop it.

But more importantly, AR is 37, people are acting like he's Lamar Jackson or Vick who would probably be the only QBs fast enough to score on the run right there

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Fer sure one from the double team at the goalline gets him by the three. The fatty to his right gets him right away if he flattens out to stay behind the line longer. The one to his left at the eight gets him by the four. The one in the corner of the end zone is dependent on when he breaks coverage and where the receiver leads him before that.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, I think if Rogers took off my guess would be he got to the three-yard line maybe the two. Three guys had angles and pursued on him, one of the d-backs was eyeing him and already drifting to his left, and all three guys who would have went after him were much faster than him. This is also throwing out the possibility that he fumbles or gets hurt. So while I don't think he scores, I think it makes the decision to go for it on fourth much easier.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched a great sequence on NFL Live where Dan Orlovsky broke down that whole series of downs and did a great job. If they repeat it check it out.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So while I don't think he scores, I think it makes the decision to go for it on fourth much easier.
If Rodgers runs, he heads for the pylon. I don't know if he gets it in, but he could have. If not, I think we're at the one or two yard line at worst. Which again makes it more likely they go for it on fourth down.

One of the reasons Rodgers used to be talked about as a potential GOAT was because he was a well rounded threat, he could beat you with his legs. Maybe he could have done that here. Would have been better than throwing a low pass into double coverage.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the reasons Rodgers used to be talked about as a potential GOAT

It is sad how his legacy was damaged by this game. Would have stayed in GOAT consideration if he had won, but now he's just another QB with a lot of great regular seasons who fizzles out all too frequently in the postseason.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is sad how his legacy was damaged by this game. Would have stayed in GOAT consideration if he had won, but now he's just another QB with a lot of great regular seasons who fizzles out all too frequently in the postseason.
I wouldn't say just another QB, just another HOF QB maybe. If he had won the Super Bowl this year, he would be back in the conversation. Honestly, I think the GOAT talk is silly, but Brady's record is so ridiculous it's justified in his case. He has more rings on one hand than the whole GB team has.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as usual, Brady has the better team around him. Look, he's good, but come on. He faced nothing like Rodgers did other than maybe a handful of plays and he looked like **** in them.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Mondio. It's all Brady all the time on the talk shows, but the fact is overall he didn't play very well and he sucked in the second half. Had this been anybody else including Rogers it would have been pointed out. But the sports media is so far up his *** it would take a 10-man crew with heavy excavation equipment a week to find him and another week to get him out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Mondio. It's all Brady all the time on the talk shows, but the fact is overall he didn't play very well and he sucked in the second half. Had this been anybody else including Rogers it would have been pointed out. But the sports media is so far up his *** it would take a 10-man crew with heavy excavation equipment a week to find him and another week to get him out.
I like Brady, and i'm sure he doesn't listen to the talking heads. He seems to have a pretty good handle on things in life in general. I turn all those guys off too. They rarely have anything of note to listen to. It's all just like our regular media, keep people engaged and they do that by creating controversy for clicks and embellishing like crazy. They've all decided that players and rivalry get more attention than team talk.

They build these guys up, so they can create these stories of Brady/Rodgers. They're going to keep pumping it full. Otherwise it would require an analyst that could actually break down a play or a game and a fan that understood it. We don't live in a time where we have very many of either. They make you choose a side and then pit you against each other using brainless babble. Brady did make a couple big throws, some added by horrible defense and a better one picks him off 5 times, at least. Rodgers was having to make big throws just to get a positive play out of our offense. The play from our tackles was so bad.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, yet you take offense when somebody points out the Packers front office is to blame for it.
That’s not really a fair comparison though. Tampa Built a team without a QB... and then went out and rented Brady.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might not have scored but the ball would def be on the 3 yard line at the least, making going for it on 4th down easier

And if we don't get in from the 3? We still have to stop them and then try to get a TD and a 2 point conversion just to tie it up. But the game was lost well before the our last drive of the game. :(

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is but it'll be exciting to see what Love can do with this roster next year. So many fans supported throwing away a Super Bowl berth this year because of how amazing Love, Dillon, and Deguara are going to be. Based on those fans' firm beliefs I can't wait to see Rodgers move on! Get that MVP bum outta here!

I hope you were being sardonic.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts